• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Two of the endings on my list are non-canon technically with Trigun and FMA 03.

Haruhi is CANON AS FUCK, being the final event of the first volume, though it's presented as episode 5 (6 with zero)

In fact besides some fairly insignificant changes to the island two parter Haruhi is one of the most faithful adaptions of a book I've ever seen, anime or live action.

I never did post my top 5 anime endings (was it anime? Imma go with anime)

In no particular order

1) Fullmetal Alchemist BROTHERHOOD
2) Trigun
3) Cowboy Bebop
4) Gundam Build Fighters
5) Gurren Lagann

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Space Dandy sounds like one of those dumb weeb shows that only weebs could like because they're weebs with weeb taste.

Eh, it's got a title completely in English with no punctuation. Not weeby enough. Plus no girls on the cover.

I just took a peek at what is on the autumn anime thread first post and its all big eyed girls, unpronounceable titles...and a Fist of the North Star REMAKE?!?

Space Dandy sounds like one of those dumb weeb shows that only weebs could like because they're weebs with weeb taste.

Nah.

Its title would have to be something like "WHY DOES THIS CAT AND THIS ROBOT PREVENT ME FROM PICKING UP CHICKS WHEN I'M A DANDY GUY IN SPACE?!?"

nothing against shows with horrible titles like these or people who like them

Just out of curiosity, what are the chances of JoJo coming to Toonami now that it got dubbed?

Hard to say because it was dubbed by wb themselves and so far the dub isn't on any streaming service or tv channel. I assume if its available and someone doesn't out bid them its a very high chance, though wb at first didn't even bother shopping the first season of jojo for simulcast back in the day so who knows what they're thinking.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami unable to get Jojo because WB wanted it on Kids WB.

.............does Kids WB even still exist?

ckohler

Toonami unable to get Jojo because WB wanted it on Kids WB.

.............does Kids WB even still exist?

jEKzXXU.gif

Honey and Scarlet are out there...

In space.

In some alternate universe, more Space Dandy is being made, and recognized for its greatness.

We must find a way to break into that universe, and steal their Space Dandy.

...Or I guess we could just stay there, and enjoy theirs.

Seda

Amazon exclusive? Like how does that work, is it the Fire TV?

Amazon has a content streaming side like Netflix in addition to the storefront. I'm not exactly sure how it works though, like if you need Prime subscription in addition to individual prices for shows/seasons.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How was his hand able to break it despite it going through the mirror earlier? & wouldn't his arm have to be positioned to be able to return through the mirror despite being broken into pieces that would be too small for him to pull his arm through?

Grexeno

How was his hand able to break it despite it going through the mirror earlier? & wouldn't his arm have to be positioned to be able to return through the mirror despite being broken into pieces that would be too small for him to pull his arm through?
Because fuck you, I'm Skeletor.

Skeletor gave no fucks.

I would watch a show that just follows Skeletor during his average day, even when he's not fighting He-man.

...Remember the 2002 He-Man cartoon?

I feel the biggest difference between Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill is that the former is enjoyable.

....If I had a mic, I'd drop it right now.

Regiruler

I saw it in that breast sex thread.

Weird thread.

I did not see it in that thread.
Because I did not go in that thread.
In some alternate universe, more Space Dandy is being made, and recognized for its greatness.

We must find a way to break into that universe, and steal their Space Dandy.

...Or I guess we could just stay there, and enjoy theirs.

What if that same alternate universe doesn't have fudge.

Korigama

There aren't all that many recent mecha series (as in made within the last ten years) I've seen lately that I found truly great...probably not more than one, even. Either way, Gurren Lagann isn't it to me (I found it a bit better on a second viewing, but otherwise considered it far from the best the genre has to offer, let alone the GOAT so many have built it up to be).

I think the key difference in terms of communicating themes is that Gurren Lagann is actually successful in doing so; Kill la Kill clearly raises some of these ideas, but the entire product is such a mess that you're kind of left wondering what the fuck it's even trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom