• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

My favorite part of Kingdom Hearts is when Sora is low on heath and Donald decides to use all his mana on a spell that doesn't hurt anyone...

What about the tragic scene when Goofy is brutally murdered by a rock?

Goofy briefly dying in 2 is amazing.

It also just before or after you fight Demyx (can't remember which), and I remember realizing at that point that Kingdom Hearts 2 fluctuates wildly in difficulty.

So I'm watching some dub One Piece, specifically the
Fishman Island
Arc.

Guys I forgot.

This arc is pretty bad.

I get the point of it, but it's still not good.

caliph95

The arc where Togashi copies stand battles.
In Chapter black I think and it seems where it became less typical shonen and more Jojo and proto hxh
tumblr_o1u2jszcfn1ruk7kso1_500.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fishman Island
Arc.

Guys I forgot.

This arc is pretty bad.

The manga is better.
It's now at the point where the anime turns to trash

Man, they got Hody's name wrong...
(looks up Shirahoshi's voice) *whistles* Quite the resume. Krista/Historia in Attack on Titan, Ritsu in Assassination Classroom, Ibara Shioazki in MHA (girl with vine hair)

I really need to watch Full Metal Panic.

https://youtu.be/5iqaZoiL1as

Do it. Show's great and finally getting a continuation in anime form.

I'd agree with this. I still need to get and watch Second Raid completely, though. I enjoyed Fumoffu! a bit more just because how zany, over-the-top and hilarious the series is. The first Panic season was really good.

Plus, I love Fumoffu's OP a lot! Just gets into my head too easily.

The OP for Fumoffu is still one of my favourite OP's. AmaLee did a cover and how I wish she would do the full version someday.

cntr

Banned
Fishman Island
Arc.

Guys I forgot.

This arc is pretty bad.

Yeah, that's the roughest arc in One Piece. I feel like that's the point the world and cast got too big for Oda and his declining health to handle. The manga arc is still infinitely better than the anime, though.

Definitely will. Up there with Black Lagoon on shows to watch, especially now that Bebop's getting a rerun.

Plus, I love Fumoffu's OP a lot! Just gets into my head too easily.

Pretty good opening and cover!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The OP for Fumoffu is still one of my favourite OP's. AmaLee did a cover and how I wish she would do the full version someday.

I'm so happy they're adapting the next arc. It's one of those series I could never get tired of watching and would buy it if it ever went on sale and I had the money.

Tonally the series manages to walk a tightrope no one has any right trying to walk, but it does and manages to do so very well.

The dub is also fantastic.

Xe4

Banned
Ever see a thread and go like "well I'm never posting in that thread?" I just had a moment like that
Legit like half the treads on Gaf.

Actually, the only two times (so far) I've gotten in trouble with moderation was posting in threads where my initial reaction was "Nope". Maybe I should stop doing that.

I should really get that Scriptmonkey that blocks threads based off phrases, but I'm afraid I'll miss the one ocassional good thread that has a word that I fliter.

Also, I'm lazy.

cntr

Banned
I use the subscriptions page to keep track of threads, so I look at the rest of the forum about...once a month.

TheSun

Ever see a thread and go like "well I'm never posting in that thread?" I just had a moment like that

Sonic threads have a tendency for smut art for some reason.
No matter what the thread is about I'm never setting foot in another one again.
It's my vow for life.

Next day edit:

Also censorship threads cuz they always go in the same damn cycle. Least the creepy posters get culled from the site.

Seda

DIssbSOVAAEvK0R.jpg

Tactics in mah MMO!?

I like Final Fantasy Tactics, but I don't have the time to play an MMO so this might as well not exist for me (kinda like Knights of the Old Republic ends at 2).

On that note, why is FFT not on Steam/PC? It would be a perfect fit, doesn't require a beefy machine, and would get the definitive version of the game off of mobile.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've learned that anything dealing with "censorship" is just a minefield waiting to happening & I shouldn't even bother looking at the thread because I know what it'll be.

1.) People either being annoyed/mad or glad that the change was made, actually talking about the topic
2.) "Ya know, I disagree with this opinion because I feel as though it should've/shouldn't have been done"
3.) "PEOPLE WHO THINK THIS WAY ARE AWFUL, ESPECIALLY YOUR OPINION BECAUSE IT'S NOT MINE"
if niche Japanese game, then 4.) "LOL PEOPLE WITH ANIME AVATARS CLEARLY THINK THIS WAY DESPITE POSTS SHOWING NOT EVERYONE DOES THAT" (though thankfully this crap almost never happens now from what I've seen as it seems mods are more strict about judging people based on avatars)

Stuff like Bravely Default & ESPECIALLY Monster Monpiece showed me I should just stay away from them period. I almost never post in Off-Topic because there's just not much I feel like posting & it seems like a bigger minefield for topics that could get people riled up.

caliph95

It probably helps for me personally that some of the stiff changed for "censorship" tends to be hills I don't want to die on or care about.

Also because I haven't been on gaming side on a while and probably won't until DRV3

cntr

Banned
I'm more bothered by when things are fanserviced up or whatever than by any 'censorship' today, heh.

I almost never post in Off-Topic because there's just not much I feel like posting & it seems like a bigger minefield for topics that could get people riled up.
I feel like that's mostly a factor of the last few years being so...dramatic. The OT used to be more relaxed, well, relatively speaking. But that's a general trend across the internet.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So that Super Mario World redone animation is one the funniest things I've seen in a while.

In Chapter black I think and it seems where it became less typical shonen and more Jojo and proto hxh
tumblr_o1u2jszcfn1ruk7kso1_500.gif
Yup. That's one of the most interesting fights in Shonen. It completely takes physical power out of the equation. There are some more interesting ones later.

caliph95

full_metal_panic__fumoffu_episode_8_by_akuma319-db3bagf.gif

Yup. That's one of the most interesting fights in Shonen. It completely takes physical power out of the equation. There are some more interesting ones later.
You know it's kinda funny that the crew were idiots except kurama because
they almost lost and probably would have died if they were serious by a bunch of kids who their powers for a month

Also of course Toguro was only
B
class of course he was

full_metal_panic__fumoffu_episode_8_by_akuma319-db3bagf.gif

You know it's kinda funny that the crew were idiots except kurama because
they almost lost and probably would have died if they were serious by a bunch of kids who their powers for a month

Also of course Toguro was only
B
class of course he was
Kaname plays no games. Only dumb one is Kuwabara. Hiei is too edgelord to follow rules though.

I would buy Final Fantasy Tactics on PC so fast.

BTW, you like Berserk?

Final Fantasy Tactics is almost a Berserk RPG...at least storywise.

Jarate

Banned
Final Fantasy tictacs also is one of the slowest SRPGs ever made...

the pnly SRPGs I really like are Fire Emblem

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I would buy Final Fantasy Tactics on PC so fast.

BTW, you like Berserk?

Final Fantasy Tactics is almost a Berserk RPG...at least storywise.

Matsuno and his writing team were some of the best around. Vagrant Story also has some resemblance to Berserk but Ivalice seems like a pretty brutal world.

Morlas

my favorite srpg is tactics advanced
Marche did nothing wrong especially considering Ivalice continued to exist anyway

Top Bottom