• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ii2dyf4.gif

Jarate

Banned
if we include SRPGS likem Xcom then it's

Fire Emblem
Xcom OG
Xcom New
I really liked Valkyrie Chronicles on the PS3 (The Pseudo WW2 one) but I neve fininshed because I despised the PS3 controller. I have it on PC, imma prolly gonna play it soon for mah youtube channel)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like Fire Emblem games.

I also like Tactics Ogre and the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games a lot. I'm actually not the world's biggest fan of FFT though, which is weird. Game has just never quite resonated with me, and I've tried both versions.

I like old X-Com and that dope Ghost Recon game that made the 3DS launch. Never played new X-Com. I bet I'd love Mario x Rabbids.

caliph95

VC 2 had great gameplay for a psp game barring the frustrating class system

The story while I like a few characters was typical cliche shonen high school but in a military academy

You know to this day I never understood why Jotaro acted like a huuge asshole at least with Yusuke he had an alcoholic mother and poor background Jotaro pretty much has the opposite of that.

Ray Down

Banned
You know to this day I never understood why Jotaro acted like a huuge asshole at least with Yusuke he had an alcoholic mother and poor background Jotaro pretty much has the opposite of that.

He Tsundere.

He just awkward and like what Morlas said.

Jarate

Banned

Jotaro just wants to be left alone, and yet every person on earth wants to fuck with him.

He's a dick to his mom cause he's like 16. His mom understands though, which is why she doesn't care at all

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, we (unofficially) say goodbye to summer with a heaping helping of Buu with 4 solid hours of DBZ Kai. After that, Eren is confronted by the Armored and Colossal Titans before Samurai Jack's series finale plays us out.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 30 - A Run-Through for the Competition! Who Are the Last Two Members?!
8:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 31 - Off to See Master Zuno! Find Out Where the Super Dragon Balls Are!
11:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 123 - The Seal is Released!? Gohan's Kamehameha of Resistance
11:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 124 - Straightaway Into Despair? The Terror of Majin Buu
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 125 - Turn Into Candy! A Hungry Majin's Bizarre Power!
12:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 126 - I Will Deal With the Majin! Vegeta's Final Mortal Combat!
1:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 127 - For His Beloved Ones... The End of the Proud Warrior!
1:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 128 - A Nightmare Revisited: The Immortal Monster Majin Buu!
2:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 129 - A Secret Plan to Defeat Buu! Its Name is Fusion
2:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 130 - Found! A Ray of Hope! Awaken, Warriors!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 36 - Charge
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 62 - CI - END

caliph95

Why did they call hell limbo in YYH because it sounds like Hell unless I got my afterlife wrong

I don't have much self esteem but I don't think i would hate myself
enough to volunteer to eternal torture

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*finds out friend needs me to cover for him tonight*

Well, guess I know what I'm doing instead of the marathon....or rather, what I'm doing instead of playing more FF Type-0 HD.

Robin Atkin Downes not returning to voice Travis in Travis Strikes Again puts a pretty serious damper on my excitement for that game.

It was perfect casting.

Xe4

Banned
Yay for marathons!
: /
Oh well, I'm busy tonight anyways.

Edit: DB Super at 8:30 is getting ahead of Toonami?
Ahahahahaha, Toei don't give a fuck.

Edit 2: No, it's just the episode that played on Saturday. The bolding confused me.

cntr

Banned
There's a thing Araki does where each Jojo is the "opposite" of the previous one in some way. So where Jonathan was noble and pure, and Joseph was tricky and social, Jotaro's blunt and and unfriendly.

I usually think of Jotaro as an antisocial teen who doesn't like talking with people and whose dad is always missing, who deals with it by pretending to be his favorite action movie star, Clint Eastwood. If you pay attention to Star Platinum's expression, it gives away what he's actually thinking, heh.
Which is why he chills out so much eventually, he just grew up.

edit: incidentally, since it came up in the podcast, Araki's favorite Jojos are Part 4 and 8's, not Jotaro.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah I'm passing on the marathon tonight. Just bought a house and don't have Internet yet outside of my phone and I'm not someone who enjoys watching video on a small screen. I'll have it by next weekend when the normal schedule returns.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yay for marathons!
: /
Oh well, I'm busy tonight anyways.

Edit: DB Super at 8:30 is getting ahead of Toonami?
Ahahahahaha, Toei don't give a fuck.

Edit 2: No, it's just the episode that played on Saturday. The bolding confused me.

Oops, meant to take that off. Fixed now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm watching some dub One Piece, specifically the
Fishman Island
Arc.

Guys I forgot.

This arc is pretty bad.

I get the point of it, but it's still not good.

I've been rewatching the dub it as it goes up on Funimation Now and I actually love it much more than I did when I read it or watched the original anime. The dub makes everything better. They just did the bit with
Koala and Fisher Tiger
and it had me sobbing uncontrollably.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've been rewatching the dub it as it goes up on Funimation Now and I actually love it much more than I did when I read it or watched the original anime. The dub makes everything better. They just did the bit with
Koala and Fisher Tiger
and it had me sobbing uncontrollably.

They did that good a job? Man, we got robbed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They did that good a job? Man, we got robbed.

It's good in the sub version as well but something about hearing her talk in English is brutal, plus they did a great job casting
Fisher.

The thing that has really been improved by the dub are Choppers lines. Some of them had me rolling.

HStallion

I'm going to say there is not enough as there is still one smiling face on this poster.

Yeah but somebody will stub their toe and everyone will cry like a meteor is about to slam into the planet and end life itself.

cntr

Banned
I really like how snotfaced Luffy gets. It's refreshing.

I think there's only one moment where I thought it was out of place.

HStallion

I really like how snotfaced Luffy gets. It's refreshing.

I think there's only one moment where I thought it was out of place.

I get tired of melodrama pretty quickly and One Piece if often dripping with it. Even if its earned melodrama after a while it tends to get repetitive and can rob later moments of their impact when characters tend to over react to every emotional event, big or small.

Jarate

Banned
I get tired of melodrama pretty quickly and One Piece if often dripping with it. Even if its earned melodrama after a while it tends to get repetitive and can rob later moments of their impact when characters tend to over react to every emotional event, big or small.
Asian media (especially Japanese) is much more emotive then western (especially English speaking countries)

Top Bottom