• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Xe4

Banned
*attempts to catch up*
Outlaw Star 1-2
-Can't believe Gene Starwind defeated Butch. Butch!
-Hilda ripping off her mask was hilarious.
-People brought knives to a taser fight. Oh now they have tasers.
-No guns allowed but large octopus looking machines are all good.

Guns aren't allowed for the very obvious reason that they could pretty easily vent the atmosphere into space.
So long as giant octopus things can't punch a hole in the wall with their flamethrower light sabers, that's cool!
Kinda silly, but the reasoning is sound.

caliph95

*attempts to catch up*
Outlaw Star 1-2
-Can't believe Gene Starwind defeated Butch. Butch!
-People brought knives to a taser fight. Oh now they have tasers.
-No guns allowed but large octopus looking machines are all good.
Jonathan Joestar: I've passed enough Japanese adult literature shops to know where THIS is going!

Chase17

Guns aren't allowed for the very obvious reason that they could pretty easily vent the atmosphere into space.
So long as giant octopus things can't punch a hole in the wall with their flamethrower light sabers, that's cool!
Kinda silly, but the reasoning is sound.

I can respect that the outlaws at least set guidelines.

cntr

Banned
This was my favorite bit since there's no point to it other than to make her look less 'bad' and to make it more plausible that Gene wouldn't recognize her.

I can respect that the outlaws at least set guidelines.
Hey, if you're a pirate, you don't want to destroy the stuff you're trying to steal, or the places you can hang out.

...that said I feel like a normal handgun wouldn't be a big deal on a massive space colony like that. Just patch the hole.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The new Spider-Man cartoon is getting better. Going for a more serialized nature so that's always a plus.
Animation is still weak though.

caliph95

It's good to know

It's basically the show for people who liked Homecoming and way better than Ultimate

Even Assemble got a lot more watchable by basically getting rid of its "classic" avenger

caliph95

Hmm a guy called Sniper can kill with an eraser from 500 yards.

Well shit

Psychic powers seems op compared to spirit power and act more like nen and stans

Hmm a guy called Sniper can kill with an eraser from 500 yards.

Well shit

Psychic powers seems op compared to spirit power and act more like nen and stans
Chapter Black is more or less prototype HxH. With Togashi and Araki being good friends I'm pretty sure they just compared notes on powers.

caliph95

Chapter Black is more or less prototype HxH. With Togashi and Araki being good friends I'm pretty sure they just compared notes on powers.
Yeah it pretty went from Gritty Bleach Dragon Ball to
HxH
While I'm not sure if I like it as much as dark tournament yet it is interesting as a prototype hunter
If the editors hadn't passed togashi off how long do ya think yu yu cloulda gone
The last arc probably would have been longer with it turning into deconstruction like
hunter became

Jarate

Banned
If the editors hadn't passed togashi off how long do ya think yu yu cloulda gone

When did DQ10 come out...

the second half of Yu You was decent but shat on a lot of the world building of the original arc. HxH seems much better fleshed out and thought out. You you is still better tho

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if we'll still get a Halloween marathon, despite it falling on a Tuesday this year.

caliph95

Yusuke and kuwabara are better protags than gon and killua
I feel like so far I like the story, world and battle system better in HxH and the characters better in YYH fights can go either way only because there is more full on fights in YYH since it's a typical battle shonen

caliph95

"What is it Botan, they run out of your hair dye"
Wait so Botan doesn't have anime hair she dyes it

makes sense
Yusuke helps a dog pass on to the afterlife.

Gon hangs out with the baby bear.

Both very animal friendly protagonists.
Or Togashi and Araki are friends and like using animals to show how good or bad someone is

Mizerman

Pretty low bar though, me thinks.
Still, if I continue to hear good things, I'll check it out. Don't think it'll ever surpass Spectacular though.

It'll never surpass Spectacular for me as well. But since Ultimate had the displease of staying on longer than it should, I'll consider it a victory to outdo that.

Neoxon

It's good to know

It's basically the show for people who liked Homecoming and way better than Ultimate

Even Assemble got a lot more watchable by basically getting rid of its "classic" avenger
This, I'm loving the new team.
We also got cock-teased thanks to Hercules (voiced by Matthew Mercer) coming into the picture & not joining the Avengers.

As for Spider-Man, I hope they do Norman as Green Goblin & not Harry.

Top Bottom