• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

cntr

Banned
No wonder Araki switched from Shonen Jump to Ultra Jump. He wouldn't have been able to get away with any of that gore violence in modern Jump.
To be honest, Jump would let you get away with that stuff even today. The actual reason we don't see this stuff is because current authors aren't making it, not because Jump's actually much stricter.

Basically, blame Dragon Ball and One Piece for toning down the gore, heh.

Korigama

I was surprised that Shinohara guy survived before when apparently Kaneki didn't kill and eat him, and was apparently eating his armor instead-- oh screw it, why I am giving more thought to this show than the people who made it did?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
LOL WHAT IS THAT VOICE

Was it like that in the Japanese versions?!

Also how is it stitches boy is surviving but the dude with armor went down in one hit?!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
To be honest, Jump would let you get away with that stuff even today. The actual reason we don't see this stuff is because current authors aren't making it, not because Jump's actually much stricter.

Dragon Ball still had some gory moments. Not as many as Fist of the North Star or Jojo of course.

But yeah, other Shonen magazines are still loaded with graphic violence

cntr

Banned
Dragon Ball still had some gory moments. Not as many as Fist of the North Star or Jojo of course.

But yeah, other Shonen magazines are still loaded with graphic violence
And even current Jump shounen have some pretty violent shit that wouldn't fly in a kids comic here.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't believe I'm saying this....

......I would rather rewatch Dimension W. At least the first 3 episodes were alright & I felt emotions, even if they were mainly related to "annoyance"

but damn it, gimme me a show that makes me feel something over NOTHING.

Is that the case?

Even though DB, OP, and JoJo target the same age group, they really target different audiences if that makes any sense.

I can't think of any Jump manga in the last ten years that is as consistently graphic as JoJo is.

cntr

Banned
Is that the case?

Even though DB, OP, and JoJo target the same age group, they really target different audiences if that makes any sense.

I can't think of any Jump manga in the last ten years that is as consistently graphic as JoJo is.
Yeah, that's what I mean. The generation spawned by One Piece and Dragon Ball aren't as into Jojo-style gore, because they didn't grow up with it.

There's no real reason for Jump to start toning down the gore, since it's not really a big deal? Most of its shounen competitors are still pretty gory.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
welp.

.....that dude died a virgin.

God, I don't even know what to comment on anymore at this point....

Top Bottom