• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Crocodile

This show feels like a weird hybrid of a Western and an anime. Silly faces and jokes about eating shit side-by-side.

There's a reason this show is remembered well among the Western anime community. Nostalgia helps but I think it plays into Western sensibilities well :)

BTW this is your first time watching this show right?

cntr

Banned
wait, i just realized

she didn't join the ship this episode!

There's a reason this show is remembered well among the Western anime community. Nostalgia helps but I think it plays into Western sensibilities well :)

BTW this is your first time watching this show right?
Yeah, I really like it.

And yup.

Crocodile

Thinking about Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop, was it just more of a trend that the whole crew took a lot longer be assembled in shows of the past? I fee like if this show was made in 2017, the whole cast would be together by the second episode (even if it felt forced to do so). We haven't even seen/heard of Suzuka yet and of course in Bebop, Ed doesn't show up until episode 9.

TheOGB

Banned
I like this show. This is a good show.

Well I'm gonna call it a night. I'm seriosuly surprised I stayed awake the whole day off of 2 hours of sleep, but I really need to get some rest. Later ToonamiGAF

cntr

Banned
That episode was great.

...also uh, I didn't get a chance to watch the second episode of Bebop, so should I hold off on episode 3 and watch it later after 2?

Seda

Thinking about Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop, was it just more of a trend that the whole crew took a lot longer be assembled in shows of the past? I fee like if this show was made in 2017, the whole cast would be together by the second episode (even if it felt forced to do so). We haven't even seen/heard of Suzuka yet and of course in Bebop, Ed doesn't show up until episode 9.

I'm not the best person to answer this, but One Piece immediately popped to mind.

Xe4

Banned
That episode was great.

...also uh, I didn't get a chance to watch the second episode of Bebop, so should I hold off on episode 3 and watch it later after 2?

No, it's fine. Bebop is episodic as fuck (mostly).
They got a corgi. That's all you need to know.

Seda

That episode was great.

You'll be fine. You'll just be curious where the Corgi came from :p

BBboy20

giphy.gif

Crocodile

I'm not the best person to answer this, but One Piece immediately popped to mind.

OP was planned to be a never ending shonen. I was more talking about self contained 13/26/52 episode shows that don't intend to go on forever. Comparisons to shows that last 800+ episodes seems unfair and pointless :p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I do remember that about a lot of older anime and even with jrpgs and such, where there would be a member that is actually a enemy for like half if not most of the series before joining the team

cntr

Banned
Taking a while to assemble the cast has been a long standing trope in Westerns, and to a lesser degree, pirate stories.

So it makes sense it'd be in series most influenced by that.

yo, that was a cool intro scene

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
OP was planned to be a never ending shonen. I was more talking about self contained 13/26/52 episode shows that don't intend to go on forever. Comparisons to shows that last 800+ episodes seems unfair and pointless :p

One Piece was planned to be a 5 year series, so that's not quite right. But yes, a lot more flexible than something that has 26 episodes to work with.

Top Bottom