• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Crocodile

One thing I've always felt and liked is that the technology in Bebop was way more grounded and realistic than in most "space shows". Consumer level space travel and space colonies exist but guns still use bullets instead of laser beams. It feels like the world of Bebop could be our world in 200 years or so.

That episode was great.

...also uh, I didn't get a chance to watch the second episode of Bebop, so should I hold off on episode 3 and watch it later after 2?

You've never watched Bebop :O

What were you doing when these classics first hit our airwaves. Or were you just that young?

Xe4

Banned
The scenario that leads to all this going down is like the craziest, least likely shit ever.
Spike acts exactly like the guy should with the one exception that he doesn't give the last chip where the other person would've. Then Spike accidentally swaps chips with a guy that looks exactly like him, with the one chip being the one that should've been given to Faye.

BBboy20

The scenario that leads to all this going down is like the craziest, least likely shit ever.
Spike accidentally swaps chips with a guy that looks exactly like him, then acts exactly like the guy should with the one exception that he doesn't give the last chip where the other person would've. And then, the one chip he keeps turns out to be the correct chip.
Now the director will direct a Blade Runner anime.

Spike accidentally swaps chips with a guy that looks exactly like him, then acts exactly like the guy should with the one exception that he doesn't give the last chip where the other person would've. And then, the one chip he keeps turns out to be the correct chip.
In a show the ends in a meta commentary about fate, I find this weird scenario no more or less preposterous than most of the others in the series. *shrug*

cntr

Banned
Spike getting into trouble!

...I bet Spike eats garbage. And huh, neat that punch didn't knock him out.

One thing I've always felt and liked is that the technology in Bebop was way more grounded and realistic than in most "space shows". Consumer level space travel and space colonies exist but guns still use bullets instead of laser beams. It feels like the world of Bebop could be our world in 200 years or so.
Yeah, I appreciate the wacky Outlaw Star aesthetics, but the Bebop grounded setting has been really nice.

You've never watched Bebop :O

What were you doing when these classics first hit our airwaves. Or were you just that young?
this is a secret, but
I didn't grow up with US Toonami

When I know a show is good, I usually end up going "I need to be prepared so I can watch it properly!" and then I end up never doing it. :T

Having a strict timed thing like Toonami bypasses that, though, so it's pretty handy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"listen to your dreams, that's how you get your dream girl"

.......but I don't experience dreams....so does that mean I'll never get a dream girl....*sniff*

Top Bottom