• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Zubz

Banned
They technically have sex on Steven universe
metaphorically

latest

Fusion's just relationships, though, & specifically relationships in general. Otherwise there are some... messed up implications inherent in Smoky Quartz.

Everyone needs to stop talking about shows I don't watch.

It makes me feel left out.

Now, let's all talk about Riker, and how awesome the Riker maneuver is.

Zubz

Banned
Fusion is about a bond it doesn't always have to be between lovers
Amethyst is like Steven's big sister anyway

Yup. I'm still calling that
Flourite's effectively a polyamorous relationship, though. If only so I can refer to her as "The Orgy Worm."

Morlas

Everyone needs to stop talking about shows I don't watch.

It makes me feel left out.

Now, let's all talk about Riker, and how awesome the Riker maneuver is.

While i do enjoy William Riker aka "Number 1" I will have to deny your request for clemency, every thread i deign to inhabit will henceforth be a Steven Universe thread whether it likes it or not forsooth an anime reference!

latest

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i notice the dude doesnt punch/kick any of the girls

would he?

He does not discriminate when it comes to threats and/or acts of extreme violence.

I can't find a gif of it, but he dresses up as a theme park mascot and gets into a five minute long gun fight with a female police officer.

I also can't find one where he threatens to torture a girl who sent him a love letter. He had only read scraps of it, which he interpreted as an assassination threat, because he detonated it with C4.

Also his boss is a badass bitch who don't give a fuck.

4dd6eb316bf644e767969446846c12f568939f7a_hq.gif

Regarding Chrollo (Hisoka) appearing in Gon's contact list, they hadn't met before right? Because I felt like I forgot that happening.

Late to respond to this. You didn't forget. There's a small scene, which was cut from the anime (yadda yadda yadda), that shows a shadow of Hisoka's legs in the same town as Gon & Bisky as Killua retook the Hunter Exam.

0147-015.png

(the OVA made those more clearly appear as Hisoka's legs)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So the first episode of Black Clover had nice production values, this is the nicest thing I can say about it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nobody even made an OT in OT.
That's how little people care for this mediocre tripe.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is Black Clover better or worse than Naruto?

It just... exists.
It's not good, but it's not painfully awful. It's just... there. Going through all the Shonen motions with little regard for originality.
Hell the manga is currently in a tournament arc.

caliph95

Well D T L answered your question Jaded
It just... exists.
It's not good, but it's not painfully awful. It's just... there. Going through all the Shonen motions with little regard for originality.
Hell the manga is currently in a tournament arc.
Tournament arcs aren't bad
Just this one isn't bad but does nothing special

hey to be fair the chunin exam arc and the sasuke retrieval arc are pretty good
This is true. Then Kishi rolled back the deaths from Sasuke retrieval. Had some good fights though. Due to a cruchyroll ad on here I was reminded of Black Clover. The Naruto looks like a Fairy Tale character.

caliph95

This is true. Then Kishi rolled back the deaths from Sasuke retrieval. Had some good fights though. Due to a cruchyroll ad on here I was reminded of Black Clover. The Naruto looks like a Fairy Tale character.
Asta is the stock hot blooded book dumb shonen hero
It's as if Naruto, Luffy and Natsu had a kid
You also has the the girl character
And the bishonen talented cool rival

Like how YYH is a better version of db shonen formula
That's because YYH was written by somebody that knows how to write a narrative and plot it well, even if at times he's pulling plot points out of his ass.
Asta is the stock hot blooded book dumb shonen hero
It's as if Naruto, Luffy and Natsu had a kid
You also has the the girl character
And the bishonen talented cool rival
Asta must be dumb as a brick. Is he dumber than Gon?

That's because YYH was written by somebody that knows how to write a narrative and plot it well, even if at times he's pulling plot points out of his ass.

Asta must be dumb as a brick. Is he dumber than Gon?
Gon is more weird than dumb, on some occasions he is shown to be smarter and quick than his age suggests but other times he can be as dumb as a brick

Top Bottom