• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

caliph95

download.png

...Is this the work of an enemy stand?
8af.png

Hope my stepdad and his family are doing alright in Vegas right now...

Luckily the other day my mom had decided to stay with us in CA for another day or two

BBboy20

EZAnime Discussion: The 08th MS Team

Sorry, Noctis, I DON'T understand, because your story was so poorly executed that you had to watch a movie & a short anime to actually know what the hell was going on.

.....I can't believe Rubber Soul was voiced by Ray Chase, that's funny when you think about his other roles.
I was off-put with his voice but it sounded perfect when he was down on his luck. Dude really sounded and looked like a weaselly guido.

Meanwhile, next week we'll hear Imari Williams who was Augus in Asura's Wrath & Mizuken in HxH.
Matt Mercer isn't voicing Emperor? :3

Morlas

Hisoka was probably creepin' on Gon in the bushes or some shit

also were you guys implying that All Might is indeed not everybody's dad

caliph95

She would sense his pedo lust or whatever.

Weird how I've seen SDC already, but remember like the bare minimum of it.
Probably because it's mostly monster of the week so it's easy to forget most of them and it is him trying to figure out what to do with with new concepts

The only thing that matters is, Yare Yare Daze, and DIO-sama!
You know nothing about what is my favorite stand battle from this part.
Probably because it's mostly monster of the week so it's easy to forget most of them and it is him trying to figure out what to do with with new concepts
Some of them are a bit bland and forgettable. Takes so long for this part to find its feet in my opinion.

Morlas

you mean 'good freakin grief'

I know what i said!

a lot of people really hate what Funi did with Magetta, but He always talked funny even in the jp version so i'm fine that they turned him into a sound effects talking robot i mean having a normal sounding guy just go like "choo-choo" or something would be awkward and boring if you ask me.

caliph95

I know what i said!

a lot of people really hate what Funi did with Magetta, but He always talked funny even in the jp version so i'm fine that they turned him into a sound effects talking robot i mean having a normal sounding guy just go like "choo-choo" or something would be awkward and boring if you ask me.
CLACKITY CLANK

Seda

Nowadays, whenever there is a significant change from JP to EN there's likely going to be resistance. It's pretty easy to 1.) point out the difference and 2.) formulate an argument why the original is better. From my grognard point of view, the character behaves like a robot, moves like a robot, and all the other characters are like "how is this guy not a robot?", so making him talk like a robot doesn't seem that incongruent to me. Goku and King Kai and others already sound considerably altered from their JP voices; the level of flexibility they exhibit is already pretty high.

Morlas

wait, people don't like how the robot dude sounded in Super?

Why?

The biggest argument i've heard is it makes him a joke and a non-character, but he was already kind of a joke imo, and most of his character comes from his body language if you ask me

Morlas

Eureka Seven would be one of my favorite anime if the kids weren't so annoying, as it is it's just a good anime i enjoy

Morlas

Cowboy bebop is what I show when someone asks me what the best show ever is
Steven universe needs to have a satisfying conclusion for me to put it in for that consideration though it is close

Jarate

Banned
So I missed Toonami on Saturday, so I'm gonna be making my observations here

Dragon Ball Super - hey let's needlessly handicap our fighters for no reason! And have them make simple mistakes instead of losing in fun ways.

-Hit's VA sounds badass as fucking hell. So excited to get past Jobber squads

-There was robot VA problems. I had no clue what it was saying, but I think I heard fuck a shit ton

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So I missed Toonami on Saturday, so I'm gonna be making my observations here

Dragon Ball Super - hey let's needlessly handicap our fighters for no reason! And have them make simple mistakes instead of losing in fun ways.

-Hit's VA sounds badass as fucking hell. So excited to get past Jobber squads

-There was robot VA problems. I had no clue what it was saying, but I think I heard fuck a shit ton

The OT should be renamed Chugga Chugga Fuck

Top Bottom