• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Xe4

Banned
Asteroid3.gif

71fd154b9963960f8b59f5cf0b6e694d.gif

Crocodile

I dunno if I'm going to stay up for Bebop every week but it is endlessly rewatchable :)

Aw man, they even cut Real Folk Blues short? :/

Maybe just because episode 1 is a little on the long side.

Yeah I was about to go back to my previous post and ask you about that! You promised me full RFB!

cntr

Banned
That scene definitely deserves to be iconic.

Aw, that ending. ):

Those last few shots were really well framed, especially the one where she got shot.

...oh wow, the episode's already over? It didn't feel like thirty minutes!

TheOGB

Banned
Damn, that really is a hell of a first episode. Still so good after all this time.

Alright, now the nght is over. Til next time ToonamiGAF

Xe4

Banned
I don't know what else to say that hasn't been already.
Great fucking EP.

Probably the best episode to start the series with, even if it's not one of the best overall. It contains everything that's quintessentially Bebop: space, bounty hunting, humor, noir, western, tragedy, whereas other episodes may only have one or two of those things.

Also, I highly recommend reading along the Overthinking It articles with this series. Don't get ahead though, cause it spoils everything.

https://www.overthinkingit.com/series/overthinking-cowboy-bebop/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Keep saying that to yourself. It's Toonami's back-half.

The ED was not shortened during normal episodes the last time they ran Bebop HD while the OP was. It's a new version compared to the copies of the show they used to run (aside from being in HD, the text treatment in both the OP and ED is completely different from what it used to be), so we know they have the long version.

Xe4

Banned
I refuse to not watch the Bebop intro and ending uncut, so I just Youtubed them.

Also, I usually watch AoT, but I can't deal with BatEren again so soon. Night ya'll.

cntr

Banned
Man, it's disappointing they screwed up Eren's Titan voice like that, because that was one of the best episodes of the season. (I watched it subbed while catching up.)

The new audio track that's been used since the bandai remix dvds still drives me nuts in a few places. The first episode has a couple like the cat's reaction and some of the sound effects during Asimov's berserker rage.

Korigama

"I'm the girl. I have to protect my frail little body from the big bad man."

Always got a good laugh from that one.
The new audio track that's been used since the bandai remix dvds still drives me nuts in a few places. The first episode has a couple like the cat's reaction and some of the sound effects during Asimov's berserker rage.
The main thing that stood out to me in future episodes was
the sound of Vicious' bird being different (it's no longer like that of a crow, and is more of a screech)

Line_HTX

Into Burning Space

Scene of Gene loading the paint cartridges into his "blaster" cut.
Scene of thug clutching his balls after being kicked by Hilda cut.
Scene of Gene taking a swig from his flask during the pursuit cut.
Ctarl Ctarl's "stop screwing around" changed to "stop messing around".
Scene of Gene taking another swig from his flask cut.
Gene's "oh, god" changed to "oh, great".
Scene of sexual banter between Gene, Hilda, Melfina and Jim cut.
Hilda's "kill more of my friends" changed to "hurt more of my friends".
Blood removed from Gene's dad.
Gene's "bitching" changed to "whining".
Gene's "alright wise-ass" changed to "alright wise guy".
Gene's "now you're gonna die" changed to "now you're gonna get it".

I guess one of the persuing outlaw's "Oh shiiiiiiit" was competely cut too.

I'm sorry you can't perform.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 32 - The Matches Begin! We're All Off to the Planet with No Name!
8:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 33 - Surprise, Universe 6! This is Super Saiyan Goku!
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 33 - Surprise, Universe 6! This is Super Saiyan Goku!
11:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 132 - A Time of Trials! Lay Hold of Legendary Powers!
12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 7 - Strength
12:30 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 10 - Last Rain
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 66 - Strategy × And × Scheme
1:30 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 12 - The Dream of Italy (Part One)
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 173 - Origin of Pain
2:30 - Outlaw Star - 4 - When the Hot Ice Melts
3:00 - Cowboy Bebop (Uncut) - 2 - Stray Dog Strut
3:30 - Attack on Titan - 33 - The Hunters

Later.

Let me just say I'm glad we're getting this part of JoJo with that part of HxH

Also last-last week's Toonami episodes of DBS and HxH both coincidentally shared an animator - Yuichi Karasawa.

"I'm the girl. I have to protect my frail little body from the big bad man."

Always got a good laugh from that one.

The main thing that stood out to me in future episodes was
the sound of Vicious' bird being different (it's no longer like that of a crow, and is more of a screech)

I am not a fan of that. There's also a lack of an echo when they talk in the cathedral. It's like they're in a small room now.

Top Bottom