• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

caliph95

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Chase17

Outlaw Star 03
-When do we get the paintball arc.
-Don't really like Aisha's voice, though maybe it is because she had to do a lot of exaggerated shrieking in these scenes. The random chanting/yelling that her crew does is pretty funny though.
-I'd leave Jim on the guns, he seemed to have perfect aiming in the asteroid field.
-I'm not buying these Macdougall guys are really brothers.
-Demoted for that? Pretty strict governor.

Cowboy Bebop 01
-Not a fan of anything that involves putting a sharp point near your eye.
-One bite man.
-These old guys are fairly funny
-Pretty cool cigarette toss at the end. Smoking is bad!

Good first episode. This show might have potential.

cntr

Banned
Are there video games and a collectible card game based on greed island? This whole arc really feels like there would be.
Nope. Nen's almost too complicated to make into a video game, but people would complain if you didn't get it right. And Greed Island can't be made into a TCG without changing the rules completely.

...I wonder if they sell real life replicas of Greed Island cards, though...

cntr

Banned
Having an early-game villain for the initial arc feels like the kind of thing series like Outlaw Star do. I thought the McDougal Brothers were that as soon as they mentioned them by name, tbh.

Nope. Nen's almost too complicated to make into a video game, but people would complain if you didn't get it right. And Greed Island can't be made into a TCG without changing the rules completely.

...I wonder if they sell real life replicas of Greed Island cards, though...
I'm honestly surprised, but aren't there a bunch of HxH games? Not one involves nen?

cntr

Banned
I like how JRPG HxH's world is. There should be more series like that!

HxH would make a perfect tabletop RPG, imo.

Morlas

About the universe 6 saiyans not being buff and stuff i think that's mainly a result of Toriyama's artstyle changing over the years he prefers to draw characters lean nowadays as opposed to the big muscles of the 80s

cntr

Banned
I'm pretty sure it's more that the Universe 6 Saiyans are meant to be like the inverse of Universe 7 Saiyans. Cabba being confused about the tail thing means they're biologically different too. So they're pretty chill peacekeepers rather than brutal genociders.

...basically, Universe 6 is the good universe and 7 the bad.

cntr

Banned
I just realized, the Universe 6/7 Tournament announcer has the same VA as the Martial Arts Tournament announcer

Jarate

Banned
can I just say it

Villain designs of Universe 6 is pretty bad. Hit is the only decent design, but even then, it's not the best.

Winnie the Pooh is so dumb.

I still love dragon ball and im super happy with Super

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I just realized, Nu-Powerpuff Girls is pulling a Poochie.
Ratings are low, bring in a new "hip" character to try and save it even though it completely changes the dynamic of the show. Then have the new character shilled as "cool and awesome".

It's like the writers took the completely wrong lesson from that.

Morlas

So I just realized, Nu-Powerpuff Girls is pulling a Poochie.
Ratings are low, bring in a new "hip" character to try and save it even though it completely changes the dynamic of the show. Then have the new character shilled as "cool and awesome".

It's like the writers took the completely wrong lesson from that.

Shoulda brought back the original writers for that...and the original voices

Jarate

Banned

Just in comparison here's the other "squad" the Z fighters fought against in the Buu Arc. Pui Pui and Yakon are damn cool looking for being as jobber as they are. Dabura is probably my favorite villain from the Buu arc

Morlas

Just in comparison here's the other "squad" the Z fighters fought against in the Buu Arc. Pui Pui and Yakon are damn cool looking for being as jobber as they are. Dabura is probably my favorite villain from the Buu arc

While i agree about Yakon, Pui Pui is the lamest

Top Bottom