• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Spin 4 |OT| Rafa, Fed & Some Guy Wearing a Toupee

I will wait for the PSN Store to be back up and try the demo. I play tennis IRL, hate most sport games, but I'm really curious about this one.

Buuuuump!!!!

Want some peeps to play against online. Female avatar/player.

Add me on PSN! Same name as my handle here.

Non-threatening, regular/average-skill dude. Worry not in that respect.

Cheers.

knee

I picked this up a couple weeks ago when Amazon dropped the price to $19.99

After taking my licks, I'm finally loving this game online-- is anyone here still actively playing?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Picked this up for 8 dollars at target! Unbelievable deal... it's ridiculously fun. The visuals of this game are absolutely unbelievable. The animations and sound is so accurate. Very impressive game. Get to your clearance section and buy this game!

leng jai

Picked this up for 8 dollars at target! Unbelievable deal... it's ridiculously fun. The visuals of this game are absolutely unbelievable. The animations and sound is so accurate. Very impressive game. Get to your clearance section and buy this game!

As a tennis enthusiast I find this game incredibly underrated. There are a ton of flaws but no one else has come close to creating a tennis game as realistic as this.

Diamond

Same here. I've been following tennis for many years now, I play a lot myself, and this game is seriously one of the best I've ever played. I've always loved the Top Spin series, but with this one they've outdone themselves. The gameplay flow is fantastic.

Leng Jai, too bad it's the first tennis game, like, in a decade, where the roaster doesn't include Tommy Haas ! The guy was everywhere back in the day. :D

leng jai

Same here. I've been following tennis for many years now, I play a lot myself, and this game is seriously one of the best I've ever played. I've always loved the Top Spin series, but with this one they've outdone themselves. The gameplay flow is fantastic.

Leng Jai, too bad it's the first tennis game, like, in a decade, where the roaster doesn't include Tommy Haas ! The guy was everywhere back in the day. :D

I know, what the fuck? So annoyed. I would pay $50 for Haas as a DLC character if they replicated his sexy backhand animation.

Just got this on wii and ps3 to compare ... I played a bit for about 2 weeks on each system and I had a friend come over and play with me last night. My question, is why does the wii version feel more .... correct/responsive? The ps3 version feels like a gesture based timing game, which i suppose mimics real life more accurately.

Any thoughts on this, guys? Would appreciate some light being shed on this. Thank you.

The game is accurate, but the controls are too complex and clunky. They really need to streamline them like other tennis games. Simpler controls wouldn't make the game any less realistic. Smash Court 2 also was very accurate but the controls were very easy and you never had to struggle to hit a short slice, a lob, or run around a backhand.

And yes, the roster sucks for someone who was into tennis circa 2005. The new generation players are just so boring compared to guys like Safin, Hewitt, Kuerten, Ferrero, and Agassi. Very little variety in the play style these days outside Nadal and an aging Federer.

Lkr

b-b-b-bump. should i go with this or VT4? Just a tad disappointed that this is still $30 to buy on amazon, but I can't find it cheaper

Deimo5

This was the first game I got for ps3 in 2011 ha, still play it on occasion today. Still a bit bummed I missed out on mullet Agassi.
I do hope there is a next gen top spin, don't really have much faith in Virtua or Grand Slam Tennis.

Top Bottom