• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

thabiz

What is this stupid freaking obsession with Subways anyhow?

I mean LRTs seem good enough to me and at least we can afford to build them...

It's a good way to rally the voting public. Hudak saw how Humpty Dumpty used it to curry votes, and is trying the same tactic.

Problem is, that it has been proven to not work from a financial and infrastructure standpoint. Just like we will never see a relief highway, in and out of the core.

However. McGuinty fucked himself, so we are most assuredly going to see Hudak certainly try.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
What part of the google maps transit you use? I use nextbus for ttc only, though it's not always accurate for timing at stops... the physical location/GPS maps are.

I have an android 4.1 phone, and the Google Now thingy has a nifty feature that tells me (when it detects I'm near a bus stop) when the next buses are scheduled to arrive, or for example it'll figure out what time I usually head home and tell me around then the bus schedule for my route home.

Also, at work I tend to help a lot of people print out Google Maps w/ transit to get to whatever locations they want to get, took me forever to figure out what the fsk was wrong with maps - I went to bing maps when I realized it was messed up and its' just not as good, it was pretty frustrating.

thabiz

YES, YES, YES!

20090427_zantasm.jpg

Whatever happened to Zanta?

Blast from the past.

Shit, I remember Zanta came to my high school once in December and was doing pushups shirtless in front of the school. All the students were cheering him on, but then the principal called the cops. Glad he's taking meds and getting help now.

Rinoa

There was a webpage/documentary on him too, about his need to go on meds and stuff. Toronto will never be the same tho we at least have that Batman guy and other similar stuff randomly appearing now.

I have an android 4.1 phone, and the Google Now thingy has a nifty feature that tells me (when it detects I'm near a bus stop) when the next buses are scheduled to arrive, or for example it'll figure out what time I usually head home and tell me around then the bus schedule for my route home.

Also, at work I tend to help a lot of people print out Google Maps w/ transit to get to whatever locations they want to get, took me forever to figure out what the fsk was wrong with maps - I went to bing maps when I realized it was messed up and its' just not as good, it was pretty frustrating.

Ah, I use mobile web rather than app thingos. They tend to be more controllable.

Oppo

Yep. Wedding central.

It's probably calmed down a bit with it being fall now.

Probably. Maybe.

I've been down there when there were like 6 weddings going on all around me in various phases and remember thinking, man, your pictures are gonna look like everyone else's...

thabiz

Probably. Maybe.

I've been down there when there were like 6 weddings going on all around me in various phases and remember thinking, man, your pictures are gonna look like everyone else's...

Yeah, i haven't seen one in a couple of weeks. Which is good, cause they always clog up the court.

There was a webpage/documentary on him too, about his need to go on meds and stuff. Toronto will never be the same tho we at least have that Batman guy and other similar stuff randomly appearing now.

Ah, I use mobile web rather than app thingos. They tend to be more controllable.

Toronto Batman is a loser

Stet

Banned
toronto batman is a comedian out of his suit. i always thought he was pretty cool. he walks around the conventions screaming random stuff.

Stet

Banned
i'm going to be honest, i've never seen his comedy. his batman personality is pretty sweet though. all i really meant was that he's not insane.

mblitek

Get the Atwood Blend. Top notch.

Oh shit. I'm out of coffee. Guess i will be there tomorrow too.

Edit: Wait. They never have that brewed. Farmers blend is nice.

Will do! Thanks for the tip!

Probably. Maybe.

Nope. I called to see if they were Accessible and the guy mentioned that they are closing early @5pm or 5:30pm I forget.

thabiz

About 6 years ago, I watched him convince a bunch of people to do pushups with him in the middle of yonge st. in the dead of winter. Dude was crazy, but sure was fun.

thabiz

Nope. I called to see if they were Accessible and the guy mentioned that they are closing early @5pm or 5:30pm I forget.

That sucks. It's been pretty quiet around here lately.

Another tip. Dont go between 3-4. For some reason, that place is rammed during that time on a saturday. 15-20min wait.

Wii U Toronto tour dates

October 19th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Best Buy-Leaside, 147 Laird Drive, Toronto

October 20th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Yonge & Dundas Square, Toronto

October 21st from 11:00am-3:00pm, Yonge & Dundas Square, Toronto

Good to know.

What is this stupid freaking obsession with Subways anyhow?

I mean LRTs seem good enough to me and at least we can afford to build them...

War on Cars! Hurrrrrrrrr!

Toronto Batman is a loser

I encountered him once. He was rude to my girlfriend.

Quick

Banned
Work begun a week ago on the Zellers near my work being turned into a Target. So far, they've stripped the parking lot (to put in new gravel), and completely gutted the inside of the building.

This particular one near my work looked dreadful. Barely anyone shopping inside, barely visible employees, walls looking so dirty, and the lighting is pretty dim. I want to say good riddance, but I feel bad for the employees who lost their jobs, since they won't be carried over to Target. On the other hand, being "Canada's Worst Customer Service", I don't think Target wants to carry that title over.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So the chocolate high tea thing going on at the King Edward hotel right now was pretty great. Definitely a great place to take a girl on a date if she's into that sort of thing.

thabiz

So the chocolate high tea thing going on at the King Edward hotel right now was pretty great. Definitely a great place to take a girl on a date if she's into that sort of thing.

Whats this all about? Is it chocolate instead of tea? chocolate with tea?

King Eddy is always a great date idea.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Whats this all about? Is it chocolate instead of tea? chocolate with tea?

King Eddy is always a great date idea.

Its just chocolate tea, which isn't really as good as it sounds. But the snack things have an assortment of chocolate desserts as well as mini sandwiches for 39 dollars.

I wonder if Rob Ford can wipe his own ass with those stubby little arms.

I'll bet he has staff to do it for him. And he makes awful jokes the entire time it's happening. "Guess what I had for lunch hwah hah hagh"

I saw an infomercial for this extender thing that you attach the toilet paper to and it helps reach your butt.

Top Bottom