• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Quick

Banned
You should watch Nikita (also another CW show), it is also shot in Toronto. Only difference is that it's awesome.

There's also Suits being shot in Toronto. I hear good things, but it's not my type of show. I saw an episode once, and they used BMO Field as the exterior of a baseball stadium, but you can clearly see the red seats and part of the logo on those seats.

Rinoa

You should watch Nikita (also another CW show), it is also shot in Toronto. Only difference is that it's awesome.

I've been watching Nikita since day 0 mang, I'm all up in the Nikita thread here too. Hell, my hair is based on Maggie Q's.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Guys, what the duck is going on with Google maps and transit directions? Last day or so it's been giving me all my bus directions for like... 5am. No matter what i set it for

Edit: Seriously, what the fuck, it's entirely messed

thabiz

toque.jpg

Hope you got one handy. -2 tomorrow morning. It has begun.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Nope nope nope. My hat is staying in storage.... as long as I can!

May give in and start wearing boots though.

Give in my ass, my girlfriend looks for any excuse to wear her boots :p.

Also... Seriously, is this Google maps thing just me?! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
We're going to have snow this year, aren't we? :D!
They showed a pic from Dundalk Ontario (north of Orangeville, roughly in line with Barrie) this morning on Breakfast Television that showed snow on the ground. It's coming.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Give in my ass, my girlfriend looks for any excuse to wear her boots :p.

Also... Seriously, is this Google maps thing just me?! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

Not just you. I'm getting the same weird thing. Must be something wrong server side.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Not just you. I'm getting the same weird thing. Must be something wrong server side.

I noticed it yesterday when Google now told me I had to take the blue night home from work if I wanted to take the bus.

It was 4:30pm!

It seems like regular bus/subway transit is down, but I haven't read anything online about it

Maddog

I noticed it yesterday when Google now told me I had to take the blue night home from work if I wanted to take the bus.

It was 4:30pm!

It seems like regular bus/subway transit is down, but I haven't read anything online about it

I've been getting this too, has been giving me some incredibly insane transit routes :(

Alright we better have GAF meetup v4 before it snows.

Yes please.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So on the Google maps transit thing, apparently this week the database is fucked up or something, because if you put the date of travel for the 14th or later, it works fine. So.... no google maps transit until the end of the week.

Holy fuck am I dependant on it.

Rinoa

What part of the google maps transit you use? I use nextbus for ttc only, though it's not always accurate for timing at stops... the physical location/GPS maps are.

And goddamn I nearly gave in and wore my hat today. This is unholy coldness that I tanked money at aldo to get pink wool fingerless gloves and wool stockings.

thabiz

What part of the google maps transit you use? I use nextbus for ttc only, though it's not always accurate for timing at stops... the physical location/GPS maps are.

And goddamn I nearly gave in and wore my hat today. This is unholy coldness that I tanked money at aldo to get pink wool fingerless gloves and wool stockings.

-5 tonight with a frost warning. Winter. She comes early.

I cant remember the last time it was -5 in early October. November, remove yourself from my October.

Stet

Banned
If it snows before November I'm going to drown a litter of baby seals in warm water just to show them what it's like WHEN SOMEBODY FUCKS WITH THEIR ECOSYSTEM

If it snows before November I'm going to drown a litter of baby seals in warm water just to show them what it's like WHEN SOMEBODY FUCKS WITH THEIR ECOSYSTEM

Hey, that is out of line! Obviously we all love killing baby seals since we are Canadian but that is no reason to hate on snow!

I take it just fine, it just sucks. For me it isn't even about the cold, I don't care about that. It's the clothing. Fuck wearing so much shit. So much more comfortable in a T and jeans. All I need to feel goooood.

Hate wearing a sweater, a jacket, a hat, etc...

thabiz

I take it just fine, it just sucks. For me it isn't even about the cold, I don't care about that. It's the clothing. Fuck wearing so much shit. So much more comfortable in a T and jeans. All I need to feel goooood.

Hate wearing a sweater, a jacket, a hat, etc...

Toronto summers are the worst thing on the planet. I'd rather watch Stet drown seals than go through another 35-40 degree summer. SOOOO MUCH SMOG!

I don't mind it. I don't live downtown though where I'm sure it's worse. I live in the GTA. But even then, I'd still take it over winter. A worthy sacrifice.

Spring is mad perfect though.

Fuzzy

Hudak wants to have the Ontario Government take over and run the TTC and place it under Metrolinx and change the LRTs to subways if there's still time to. I have no idea how they would pay for it all but that's typical of Conservative plans.

thabiz

Hudak wants to have the Ontario Government take over and run the TTC and place it under Metrolinx and change the LRTs to subways if there's still time to. I have no idea how they would pay for it all but that's typical of Conservative plans.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. The only way they can pay for it is nightmare inducing tax hikes.

Speaking of the cold, tonight is Canada vs Cuba in World Cup Soccer Qualifiers at BMO Field. I'm so down. Gonna dress up really really warm for it.

thabiz

Speaking of the cold, tonight is Canada vs Cuba in World Cup Soccer Qualifiers at BMO Field. I'm so down. Gonna dress up really really warm for it.

Good luck. It will be brutal tonight down by the lake. Get some of those hot pocket things that you put in your gloves and such.

Fuzzy

Hopefully the cold helps the Canadian team. It's supposed to be about 5°C at the start of the game.

zroid

Banned
Wii U Toronto tour dates

October 19th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Best Buy-Leaside, 147 Laird Drive, Toronto

October 20th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Yonge & Dundas Square, Toronto

October 21st from 11:00am-3:00pm, Yonge & Dundas Square, Toronto

I'll be going on the Friday, most likely :)

Stage On

What is this stupid freaking obsession with Subways anyhow?

I mean LRTs seem good enough to me and at least we can afford to build them...

Rinoa

What is this stupid freaking obsession with Subways anyhow?

I mean LRTs seem good enough to me and at least we can afford to build them...

Whether or not can afford them, Subways are for dense areas. Lotta dumdums don't realize that yet, even with sheppard line in their face. Those same dumdums buy into fake plans for subways that will never happen with their votes.

Top Bottom