• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2014 |OT| Riding Around 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

Froome might climb anything he wants in a fingersnap, might crush any time trial he rides with his toes only...

You can't mess with the Hell of the North.

And it didn't really start yet.

he is gone now.. he will not continue.. that looks bad..

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Not like this :(

He was supposed to get crushed in the mountains and then get done for doping.

JPKellams

Do I have to go back to the previous page and copy my post?

:)

Gutted for Froome, but now that Wiggins choice is absolutely dumb.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
I do not remember if he's ever had a consistent 3-week race. I think last year he lost some 15 minutes to GC guys on one stage.
So now it's probably the best time to prove himself.

The stage he lost 15 minutes on was the day after he had that truly ridiculous lead out for Chris Froome in the first or second mountain stage. The cynic in me says it was just to cover up his rampant drug use.

JPKellams

Eurosport Cycling needs to quit acting like someone died. We get it. Lots of UK fans this year. But no Cav and no Froome is not the end of the race.

someday

Banned
Wiggins was top 10 at P-R this year and won the Tour of California. Froome goes down, there is no plan B for Team Sky. No puncheurs for stage wins. No sprinters. The fact they would put all of their eggs in Froome's basket with only a single time trial and a stage like today is pure silliness on Brailsford's part. Even if they win, it is a dumb decision. If anyone actually thinks Richie Porte is ready, Contador will happily eat your lunch after he eats Porte's.
Prophetic. I wonder what's going through Brailsford's head right about now. I don't know that Wiggins could have kept up with Contador in the mountains but Sky has absolutely nothing left in this Tour now.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
I don't think it matters that Wiggins isn't there. I mean he's getting old and he's never been particularly strong in the mountain stages.

If I remember correctly, the year he won was much much flatter than this year, and that year he had to be dragged up the mountains by Froome.

JPKellams

I don't think it matters that Wiggins isn't there. I mean he's getting old and he's never been particularly strong in the mountain stages.

If I remember correctly, the year he won was much much flatter than this year, and that year he had to be dragged up the mountains by Froome.

There were also three TTs. However, this year has a 50km TT, which an in-form Wiggins could put a minute or more into Valverde and maybe as much into Contador. Wiggins has also improved his climbing... Either way, would you rather have Wiggins or Porte?

someday

Banned

Weren't there also two ITTs that year? It was tailor made for Wiggins.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
There were also three TTs. However, this year has a 50km TT, which an in-form Wiggins could put a minute or more into Valverde and maybe as much into Contador. Wiggins has also improved his climbing... Either way, would you rather have Wiggins or Porte?

I guess Wiggins but I don't see a podium finish for Sky either way.

JPKellams

I think I might be switching to #TeamNibali.

Remembering him in the blizzard last year, now seeing him on this stage... This man can suffer.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
I quite like Nibali and would like him to win, however, I'm hoping for the race to remain competitive for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom