• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us price drops (10/7). RSC 2 = $20...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
source: tubtub (cag)

Here's a list of price changes for this Thursday October 7th. The good news is that just like I reported a few days ago all Nintendo Players Choice titles will be $20. The new titles added to Players Choice are:

GC Zelda: Wind Waker $19.95
GC Kirby Air Ride $19.95

The games dropping to $19.95 that are already players choice are:
Mario Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Mario Golf

The only weird thing is that Super Smash Brothers is not showing up due for a price drop. Could it be selling well enough that Nintendo is going to keep it at $30 or maybe TRU forgot to add it to the list. I believe there is going to be a press release about the price change on Tuesday from Nintendo, so other stores may have these prices sooner, but TRU does their price changes for R-zone Thursday so these won't be available until then.

Anyway, here's the rest of the long list of price changes this week.

XB NFL Street $19.95
XB Shrek 2 $29.95
XB Bond: Agent Under Fire $14.95
XB SSX Tricky $14.95
XB 007: Everything or Nothing$19.95
GBA Pirates of the Caribbean $19.95
XB Harry Potter: Azkaban $29.95
XB Project Gotham 2 $19.95
XB Rallisport 2 $19.95
GC NFL Street $19.95
GC Shrek 2 $29.95
GC NBA Street $14.95
GC 007: Everything or Nothing$19.95
GC Harvest Moon $29.95
GC Harry Potter: Azkaban $29.95
XB Full Spectrum Warrior $39.95
XB Sudeki $29.95
PS2 Intellivision $14.95
PS2 NFL Street $19.95
PS2 Shrek 2 $29.95
PS2 Everquest Online Adventur$9.95
PS2 Ty the Tasmanian Tiger $14.95
PS2 Harry Potter: Azkaban $29.95
PS2007: Everything or Nothing$19.95
PS2 True Crime $19.95
PS2 NBA Street $14.95
PS2 Freekstyle $14.95
PS2 Bond: Agent Under Fire $14.95

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Most of the prices are universal I think, so expect price drops for these games everywhere in the next week or so

BuddyC

Buy RalliSport Challenge 2 folks! C'mon! Even if you hate racing games like me, give it a shot!

If you don't like it you can actually make a profit by trading it in with another game and reserving whatever, that is, if you have a Gamerush.

bridegur

Is Toys R Us doing the buy 2, get one free this year? Also, is EB doing the trade 3 PS2 games in and get San Andreas?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
007 Everything or Nothing for $19.95, SCORE!

olimario

Banned
arcadekar.jpg

gahig-banana.gif

olimario

Banned
Rhindle said:
I thought it 60 hours of unfun play time, and then game becomes fun. So your equation is obviously false.

That was the misconception this forum had about my comments.
My comments were that the game was good from the start, but picked up every hour until the 60 hour mark. At that time, in my zen-like state, I ruined a good pair of pants and promptly removed the KAR disc never to touch it again.

bjork

Even at $19, PotC for GBA is no steal.

I tend to cut a lot of slack to games with pirates in them, but I actually returned PotC GBA...

Alcibiades

Wario64 said:
source: tubtub (cag)

Here's a list of price changes for this Thursday October 7th. The good news is that just like I reported a few days ago all Nintendo Players Choice titles will be $20. The new titles added to Players Choice are:

GC Zelda: Wind Waker $19.95
GC Kirby Air Ride $19.95

The games dropping to $19.95 that are already players choice are:
Mario Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Mario Golf
I don't see anything happening in October that is going to be able to counter this + Donkey Konga + Paper Mario, except maybe GTA, which could possibly challenge Paper Mario for GOTM and since it's really been reserved in big numbers...

Mario Sunshine is on it's way to 2 million, Animal Crossing to the million mark (it will finally pass Star Fox Adventure w/ September's numbers), and Kirby start challening PGR2 sales monthly again. With great recognizable franchises at these prices, the GCN can live on for some time for the budget/kids market.

olimario said:
That was the misconception this forum had about my comments.
My comments were that the game was good from the start, but picked up every hour until the 60 hour mark.

I just want to back Olimario up on this. I was pretty heavily active in the same thread (yes, in support of KAR) and by no stretch of the imagination did he ever say that it took 60 hours to get to the fun. Someone interpreted it that way, though, and it just spiraled out of control to the point where 99% of the people slamming him for it had never even read the original thread.

Oh well. Once a little inside-joke dis like this gets going, it's almost pointless to fight it since it'll just make people 10x more determined to bring it up every 10 seconds. Never mind that most of them have no idea what was actually said, and have likely never even played KAR. People who have no clue what they're talking about just loooooove to say stupid-ass ignorant shit, after all!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'm not sure if this was addressed in the old 50% off sale thread, but I found that a lot of PSX Greatest Hits are on it, and that means you can get Final Fantasy Tactics for $7.49. Really, if you haven't played it you have no excuse other than your TRU is out of stock.

Top Bottom