• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trüberbrook – a hand-crafted mystery adventure game (Consoles, Steam, Mobile)

whiteape

bildschirmfoto2017-09qvu8t.png

Game is coming to Kickstarter soon, has a nice looking art style, a bit like Lumino City.

»Trüberbrook« is a thrilling mystery adventure game set in rural Germany in the late 1960s. The player takes the role of young american physicist Tannhauser, who happens to end up in the eponymous village of Trüberbrook, an ageing but beautiful health resort somewhere in the densely forested countryside of West Germany. Tannhauser, while working on his PhD thesis, comes to Trüberbrook seeking to crack a tiresome mental block. But something in this town seems strangely spaced out.

The superficial german homeland setting gradually evolves into a puzzling sci-fi mystery. Tannhauser teams up with Gretchen, a paleoanthropologist seeking to unravel the folkloristic mysteries surrounding the village. He also bumps into the enigmatic inventor Lazarus Taft, a stranded traveler yearning for home.

They're using real scene models and use photogrammetry to digitalize them: https://www.facebook.com/Trueberbrook/videos/1555154294543065/

http://trueberbrook.com

truberbrook_forschungsstation_pre_alpha-1.jpg

truberbrook_fremdenzimmer_pre_alpha-1.jpg

cyba89

For anyone wondering this is coming from the btf (bildundtonfabrik) who are usually known for producing german tv stuff.
They are most commonly known for NeoMagazin Royale with Jan Böhmermann and already developed two little adventure games based on the show: GameRoyale 1&2

As a guy named Tanner who recently relocated to Germany to be with his gf with whom I am currently watching Twin Peaks, I guess I have to get this game.

For anyone wondering this is coming from the btf (bildundtonfabrik) who are usually known for producing german tv stuff.
They are most commonly known for NeoMagazin Royale with Jan Böhmermann and already developed two little adventure games based on the show: GameRoyale 1&2

Wow that's awesome.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Amazing looking game. Its like they took the idea behind claymation games and took it to the next level.

Koozek

Ach was! Nice. Someone on Rocketbeans, iirc, teased that they knew what game btf would be working on next.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That is some well designed art there. I'm going to have to keep my eye on both the game and this studio.

Top Bottom