• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "10 Cloverfield Lane" (aka Cloverfield 2) airs before 13 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai3345

Banned
Well, the pitch says it revolves around a doomsday prepper (John Goodman) and Mary Elizabeth Winstead in a cellar, as the prepper claims he saved her from a "chemical attack" (read: giant-ass kaiju wrecking shit).

So, I want to believe the kaiju is in it and this revolves around that unexplored segment of monster movies: what happens after the monster wrecks shit and what happens to the people in that scenario?

Not so unexplored. You should watch Monsters. Great film

poster.jpg

Collider just updated with a quote from Abrams.
“The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.”

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
HYPE

Fuck the haters, Cloverfield was a great take on both the monster movie and found footage genres.

Ho-leeeeeeee SHIT WHAT

This is kind of fuckin' amazing.

Also, I really, really liked Cloverfield.

edit: Also, Monsters is a really fucking bad movie. Do not watch it.

Cloverfield had one of the best marketing campaigns of all time, so if this pans out as being an actual sequel, then they're already starting on the right foot.

inb4 "IT'S A LION"

Edit: Already beaten. And fucking confirmed as a sequel. Holy shit, guys. I need this trailer.

Joeku

Cloverfield was probably the tensest movie I've seen in theatres and the closest I've been to literally sitting on the edge of my seat. Like, holy shit.

Well, the pitch says it revolves around a doomsday prepper (John Goodman) and Mary Elizabeth Winstead in a cellar, as the prepper claims he saved her from a "chemical attack" (read: giant-ass kaiju wrecking shit).

So, I want to believe the kaiju is in it and this revolves around that unexplored segment of monster movies: what happens after the monster wrecks shit and what happens to the people in that scenario?

Yep. This sounds pretty interesting, honestly. I also love evil John Goodman(I mean, who doesn't?).

ImLibo

I fucking LOVE Cloverfield.
soooo hyped for this.
also the first Cloverfield trailer secretly premiered with the first Transformers film so this one getting attached to another Bay film is pretty funny

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I wonder will the trailer will hit the web.

Where the FUCK is this trailer?

I love that somehow a trailer made it to theaters, completely bypassing the internet. I love that Dan Trachtenberg actually got his shot. I love that we're getting a fucking Cloverfield sequel.

Goddamn.

Impressed they hid it, but who knows to what degree this is a sequel to Cloverfield (if at all). Seems to take place in the same universe at least.

Also why would they drop the trailer with 13 Hours and not Star Wars....

I get the original was released with Transformers but that was Transformers and this is 13 Hours.

Akahige

That marketing experience and build up to Cloverfield was brilliant, I liked the film a good bit but the build up and intrigued was the best part about it.

This is already falling flat, maybe it's because we are just talking about nothing at the moment, but hell where is the trailer?
Collider just updated with a quote from Abrams.
Wait the Collider dudes have that big of a in with JJ?

Prompto

Banned
Description of trailer from reddit

it was 3 people in a bunker playing card games and board games
girl goes crazy or some shit cause she's bored
tries to break out of the bunker
fat guy tries to stop her, telling her not to open the door
cue eerie blue light
CLOVERFIELD

It was John Goodman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and John Gallagher Jr. in an underground home bunker. Pretty eerie atmosphere and no dialogue at all until Winstead walks up some stairs and Goodman starts yelling, "Don't open that door!" Then the title "10 Cloverfield Lane" comes up.

Daingurse

There's been a fucking awakening!

Holy shit, I'm so happy.

Same, I am extremely happy. I loved the original Cloverfield, because ever since I was a little kid watching Godzilla movies, I wanted to see something totally from an eye-level perspective. Cloverfield really worked for me, it delivered a take that I always wanted to see, executed competently IMO. I dug the weird ass monster. I thought it actually delivered a true kaiju horror experience. I've frankly been wanting a sequel since I exited the theater in 2008. Cannot be more down for movie.

Well the trailer was pretty cool. And the focus on the Cloverfield in the title would be a huge letdown if we didn't get some fucked up monsters again sooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom