• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "10 Cloverfield Lane" (aka Cloverfield 2) airs before 13 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

FUCKING YES.

I loved Cloverfield. So damn raw.

Embarrassing we got a modern Godzilla movie that was so damn flaccid (decent but not at all the horror movie it sold itself as).

Dominator

Wow that looks good as hell. This is gonna be great, happy it's not found footage even though I found the FF element of the first quite a bit.

Hype is real, less than two months holy shit. Still can't believe it.

D23

How did JJ abrams managed to do this in this day of age?? and its coming out in less than 2 months??

Joeku

Trailer shows its getting an IMAX release, so I'm assuming the whole thing probably doesn't take place in the bunker.

The lighting and framing of everything screams "first act". That's a good goddamn trailer. Keeping the mystery. I cannot wait to see where this goes.

Akahige

Oh shit I didn't even realize that was the Whiplash guy in the credits.
Trailer shows its getting an IMAX release, so I'm assuming the whole thing probably doesn't take place in the bunker.
A chamber piece in IMAX, stranger things have happened, but yeah with Abrams' aversion to spoilers this could be the first act.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just remember being annoyed at the lengths they went to to not show you the monster

That shit looks intense, doesn't seem like we will be seeing actual monsters, though. Unless the whole trailer is just part of the movie and they actually end up leaving the cellar but it doesn't seem like it.

Still seems really interested regardless of how monster heavy the plot is.
Like someone else pointed out, it's getting an IMAX release. A movie in a bunker that has no giant monster doesnt need an IMAX release

munchie64

What the flying fuck?

Cloverfield sequel.
Secret trailer.
Already made.
That cast.
Directed by Dan Trachtenberg.

How is any of this possible?

Dominator

What's everyone's Cloverfield theories?

My favorite and probably most common is when the thing that falls into the water at the end scene of the movie (while they are on the Ferris wheel), it's wildly associated as being a Targuato satellite, which fell into the depths of the ocean and woke up the monster. I just love that the monster was maybe hibernating on earth, so deep into the ocean nobody knew.

Now I don't expect this movie to answer anything about the monster at all, but I enjoy theorizing about it, even 8 years later.

Bloomers

ohh FUCK YES.
This came outta nowhere!
What the flying fuck?

Cloverfield sequel.
Secret trailer.
Already made.
That cast.
Directed by Dan Trachtenberg.

How is any of this possible?
Seriously. I can't remember the last time a film was completed in secret like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom