• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trance Music |OT| #trancefamily

Line_HTX

Consider me subbed. I always put A State of Trance episodes on my phone and listen to them while at the gym. It's a good way to catch up since I'm always super behind.

Can't wait for the countdown on Xmas Eve and the Yearmix 2015 on New Year's Eve.

Ashhong

Myon and Shane have a 5 hour set...is there ANY chance they are going to have another megamix??? Their megamix is by far the most impressive thing I have gotten out of trance. They are just godlike.

taimoorh

Totally forgot ASOT Top 20 comes out on Christmas Eve.

Been following ASOT since 2006. And while I really look forward to the Top 20 every year, honestly I think they've been dropping in quality.

Like Top 20 of 2007 and 2008 are still GOAT tier. Every song was awesome. Then 2009 and 2010 the top 3 songs were kind of alright. 2011/12/13 was just continuous drops. Picked up a bit in 2014 where 6 or 7 songs in Top 20 were good.

Looking forward to this year's, though.

Also, looking at last week's episode, didn't know Dash Berlin made an official remix for the Heroes of the Storm game!

Deadly

I don't know the year didn't seem too kind to trance... Last year's top20 IIRC was terrible and I don't think this years will be very different

Line_HTX

Totally forgot ASOT Top 20 comes out on Christmas Eve.

Been following ASOT since 2006. And while I really look forward to the Top 20 every year, honestly I think they've been dropping in quality.

Like Top 20 of 2007 and 2008 are still GOAT tier. Every song was awesome. Then 2009 and 2010 the top 3 songs were kind of alright. 2011/12/13 was just continuous drops. Picked up a bit in 2014 where 6 or 7 songs in Top 20 were good.

Looking forward to this year's, though.

Also, looking at last week's episode, didn't know Dash Berlin made an official remix for the Heroes of the Storm game!

Ughh... Seriously? -__-

I thought 12 and 13 were alright. 14 was pretty neat too. As for quality, I think it's all listener votes and Armin has nothing to do with how the set flows if that's what you're getting at. It's one of those where I think he doesn't care how the set progresses as it's just a list. I think there was a part last year where he said his Top 10 was very different than the listener Top 10.

Deadly

Ughh... Seriously? -__-

I thought 12 and 13 were alright. 14 was pretty neat too. As for quality, I think it's all listener votes and Armin has nothing to do with how the set flows if that's what you're getting at. It's one of those where I think he doesn't care how the set progresses as it's just a list. I think there was a part last year where he said his Top 10 was very different than the listener Top 10.
Yeah it's always been like that. The top20 is voted by viewers every year and I think there's another episode where it's his top20

jambo

Armin to me nowadays is pop trance. Hi last album especially.

I listen to stuff like John 00 Fleming, Airwave, John Askew, Indecent Noise and John O'Callaghan these days. Also Basil O'Glie, Styller and Solidstone are great too, although that's pushing more towards prog a lot of the time.

And I say that as someone who has episode 000-600 of ASOT and has been to multiple Armin/ASOT events.

Honestly the only thing I look forward to with ASOT these days is the birthday event Warm Up mixes =P

Myon and Shane have a 5 hour set...is there ANY chance they are going to have another megamix??? Their megamix is by far the most impressive thing I have gotten out of trance. They are just godlike.

We can only hope! Love a good megamix.

*currently listening to the 8 hour History Of Trance megamix*

Ashhong

We can only hope! Love a good megamix.

*currently listening to the 8 hour History Of Trance megamix*

What's that? I was hoping it was some MS54 megamix I never listened to but google found me nothing..

I can't stop thinking about how amazing their mixes are. Is there anyone that comes close in quality? Listening to Armin's yearmixes and then MS54, there's such a huge difference. The flow and progression between songs, not to mention the different elements mashed into each song, is just ridiculous.

Ferr986

Tbh lately I've been enjoying more the melodic prog music, like Silk label and such.

Sometimes I catch up an ASOT episode, but i don't follow it as much as before. I still like his Gaia sets though.

Laputa_94

I just got done watching Paul van Dyks Dvd "Global" it was a pretty neat movie that is a mix of tour footage, traveling, and a couple music videos. It also is played over a pretty good mix of songs. I would recommend watching it you are a fan of Paul van Dyk.

HabeeNo

I just got done watching Paul van Dyks Dvd "Global" it was a pretty neat movie that is a mix of tour footage, traveling, and a couple music videos. It also is played over a pretty good mix of songs. I would recommend watching it you are a fan of Paul van Dyk.

His "Politics of Dancing 3" mix earlier in the year was one of my most listened albums on Spotify this year. So good

Laputa_94

His "Politics of Dancing 3" mix earlier in the year was one of my most listened albums on Spotify this year. So good

I have yet to listen to Politics of Dancing 3, ill give it a listen once I catch up on his older stuff. Its good to hear that hes still producing quality music.

Deadly

So for the Top 20 of ASOT, there's 5-7 songs I actually really like. I guess that's not too bad? Anahera by Gouryella was legit great though so I'm really glad that got #1

Can someone recommend me artists or songs that make this style of trance?

Sea of Voices (Falcon Remix)

Altra (7 Skies and Static Blue Remix)

I've been listening to Trance Mixes on YouTube (Uplifting, Melodic) and I don't know what it is, but I'm just not fond of most modern trance music. Seems like they've borrowed a lot from the large House boom and now it's just deep plucks and everything sounds so similar.

I really like atmospheric trance songs and things that just sound really "full" if that makes any sense. Unusual melodies (like Altra) are also cool and I can appreciate classic trance tunes like Children, Pulse, Angel Falls, etc. However, I do enjoy A&B's Love is Not Enough. It's quite generic, but everything meshes so well together and the vocalist has a very unique voice.

jambo

Markus Schulz 8 Hour Solo Set Live from Stereo in Montreal (06-09-2015)
Z5PQQgXl.png

Stream available at:
Part 1: https://soundcloud.com/markusschulz/...lsolo2015part1
Part 2: https://soundcloud.com/markusschulz/...lsolo2015part2

01. ID - ID
02. ID - ID
03. Rex Mundi - Echo
04. Cid Inc. vs. Darin Epsilon - Outliers (Solid Stone Remix)
05. ID - ID
06. ID - ID
07. Fehrplay - Renegade
08. Mark Otten - Tranquility (Solid Stone Remix)
09. Above & Beyond - Hello (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
10. DJ Mikas - Forward (Manuel De La Mare Remix)
11. Solid Stone - Signs of the Future
12. &ME - Woods
13. Jerome Isma-Ae - Hold That Sucker Down (Jerome Isma-Ae 10 Year Anniversary Mix)
14. Ferry Corsten - Homeward
15. Pryda - Shadows (Dart Rayne & Yura Moonlight Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
16. Solid Stone - Get On My Vinyl
17. Cosmic Gate & Jerome Isma-Ae - Telefunken
18. Deadmau5 - Strobe (Michael Woods Remix)
19. Eric Prydz - Opus
20. Arkham Knights - Blackgate
21. Modular Punk - Dear Kate
22. Dave Neven - Drifter
23. Markus Schulz - Bayfront (Miami)
24. Markus Schulz with Tom Boxer - Bine Facut (Bucharest)
25. Max Graham & Mark Sherry vs. System F - The Evil Blue (Ferry Corsten Mashup)
26. KhoMha - Dusk Riddles
27. Markus Schulz & Ferry Corsten - Loops & Tings
28. Jerome Isma-Ae - Overdrive
29. Bobby Puma - Manifesto (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
30. Sam Paganini vs. Capital Cities - Safe and Sound Labrynth (Markus Schulz Mashup)
31. Mike EFEX - Machine City
32. Ferry Corsten - Black Light (New World Punx Edit)
33. Radio Slave featuring Danton Eeprom - Grindhouse (KhoMha vs. New World Punx Stadium Mix)
34. ID - ID
35. ID - ID
36. Mark Sherry - Live & Learn (Joint Operations Centre Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
37. ID - ID
38. Michael Woods - Brain Went Ping
39. Underworld - Dark & Long (Maor Levi & Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
40. Olav Basoski - French Kiss
41. Mark Knight & Funkagenda - Man with the Red Face (Hardwell Remix)
42. Arkham Knights - Knightfall
43. Solid Stone - Evolution
44. Faithless - Salva Mea 2.0 (Above & Beyond Remix)
45. Ferry Corsten - Reborn
46. Artisan - Ethos
47. Mike EFEX - Red Sky
48. Fisherman & Hawkins - Skypunch
49. Tempo Giusto - Blacksmith (Mark Sherry Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
50. Mr. Pit vs. Fisherman & Hawkins - Doppelbanger
51. Ummet Ozcan - The Box (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
52. M.I.K.E. Push - Guardians of the Deep
53. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix)
54. Enrico Sangiuliano & Secret Cinema - Trrbulence
55. Mr. Pit - Exposure
56. Pig&Dan - Train
57. Modular Punk - Dear Kate
58. Markus Schulz - Remember This (Mark Sherry Remix)
59. Dan Thompson - Stealth
60. Markus Schulz - Bombay (Mumbai)
61. Markus Schulz featuring Delacey - Destiny
62. Mark Sixma vs. William Orbit vs. Ilan Bluestone - Barber's Adagio for Cloudchasing (Ferry Corsten Mashup)
63. Mark Sixma - Adagio for Strings
64. Armin van Buuren - Blue Fear (Orjan Nilsen Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
65. Bart Claessen & Raz Nitzan present Who.Is - Only Totally
66. Modular Punk - Omega
67. Citizen Kain - Wolverine (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
68. La Roux - In for the Kill (Michael Woods Remix)
69. Julian Jeweil - And We (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
70. Mr. Pit - Hit Me
70. Jel Ford - Overcast
71. Marc Romboy - Hypernova (Stephan Bodzin Remix)
72. Sam Paganini - Labrynth (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
72. Roy RosenfelD vs. Outlander - Vamp Balloons (Markus Schulz Mashup)
73. Daft Punk - Alive (Markus Schulz Afterhours Remix)
74. DJ Boris - Can You Hear Me (Enrico Sangiuliano Remix)
75. Sam Paganini - Rave
76. Julian Jeweil - Wax
77. Alex Di Stefano - No Pain, No Gain
78. Los Paranos - Calm Down Baby
79. Harry Romero - Rapture
80. ID - ID
81. Jel Ford - Overcast
82. Koen Groeneveld - Skiathos
83. Julian Jeweil vs. Stephan Bodzin & Marc Romboy - Meteorite Styx (Markus Schulz Mashup)
84. Koen Groeneveld & Liv Stone - Dizturbed
85. Markus Schulz presents Dakota - Cathedral (Montreal)
86. Cirez D - Ruby
87. Koen Groeneveld - Jetblast (KhoMha Edit)
88. Danny Tenaglia & Celeda - Be Yourself (Markus Schulz Afterhours Remix)
89. ID - ID
90. Markus Schulz featuring Delacey - Destiny (Solid Stone Remix)
91. Andain - Beautiful Things (Kastis Torrau & Donatello Remix)
92. GusGus - Crossfade (Maceo Plex Remix)
93. New World Punx featuring Cara Salimando - Memories (Markus Schulz Remix)
94. Paul Schutze - Sleep 2

Chris R

When did the ASOT top 20 format change to be half music and half DJs talking about their track? I remember when it was at least kinda mixed even if certain songs didn't really blend well with minimal talking just by Armin :(

Ferr986

Anahera was surely my tune of the year but this is the forgotten one for me. So much fun to jump around with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwSZTapnmhY

Can someone recommend me artists or songs that make this style of trance?

Sea of Voices (Falcon Remix)

Altra (7 Skies and Static Blue Remix)

I've been listening to Trance Mixes on YouTube (Uplifting, Melodic) and I don't know what it is, but I'm just not fond of most modern trance music. Seems like they've borrowed a lot from the large House boom and now it's just deep plucks and everything sounds so similar.

I really like atmospheric trance songs and things that just sound really "full" if that makes any sense. Unusual melodies (like Altra) are also cool and I can appreciate classic trance tunes like Children, Pulse, Angel Falls, etc. However, I do enjoy A&B's Love is Not Enough. It's quite generic, but everything meshes so well together and the vocalist has a very unique voice.

That's pure old Anjunabeats style. Super 8, Daniel Khandi, Nitrous Oxide, old Above and Beyond stuff.

I'm a big fan of old Super 8 tracks. Sadly they also changed a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOKpuLcWrL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13LAdZTc4T0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F35WWG-brzA

Get off is simply too good.

params7

Banned
Both Super8 and Tab have abandoned their roots but they're still the better part of Anjunabeats I feel.

Super8/Tab - First Aid

This track was heroine to my brain. Helsinki Scorchin too.

neos

So guys, what's your favourite track of 2015?
I've had almost no time to keep me updated this year with new releases,i don't want to miss out something:D

HabeeNo

So guys, what's your favourite track of 2015?
I've had almost no time to keep me updated this year with new releases,i don't want to miss out something:D

Outer Pulse - Gravity Lights

The way it reminds me of old trance basslines, and its originality made it my number 1 this year.

Also, a friend of mine said that there was a Mass Effect sample in it, but I never played the series so I wouldnt know lol

neos

Outer Pulse - Gravity Lights

The way it reminds me of old trance basslines, and its originality made it my number 1 this year.

Also, a friend of mine said that there was a Mass Effect sample in it, but I never played the series so I wouldnt know lol

Thank you, missed this one. The bassline is the best part of the track for me, loved it.
Great track

Never played a Mass Effect too,so i can't tell you if that's true

jambo

R1sNBsdl.jpg

Global DJ Broadcast January 7th 2016 (Classics Showcase)
https://soundcloud.com/markusschulz/classicsshowcase2016

Hello again, Happy New Year to everyone out there and wishing you the very best for 2016..

The beginning of each annum presents a huge personal project on the immediate horizon. Somethng I know many of you anticipate every single year - the Global DJ Broadcast Classics Showcase. And for 2016, the eleventh edition.

When I was growing up and getting lost in music on the radio, some of my fondest memories involved listening to all the classic songs that would be played, particularly on New Year's Day. So the idea of doing a classics showcase once a year on GDJB was born out of those feelings.

It's always one of the most mentally challenging and emotionally demanding sets to put together, because somehow you want to create a journey that will be magical for everyone to listen to - regardless of how long you have been listening to all things electronica. For many of you, there will be a whole host of iconic tracks you will be hearing for the first time, and maybe even unearthed gems for the more seasoned folk.

So hopefully there is a nice spread of years represented throughout, and this is something that will resonate with you for some time to come. As a new year dawns, we can take a moment to celebrate the tunes and moments that define our era.

Hope you have a wonderful 2016, and with a new artist album and extensive touring, I hope even more that we can create some magical memories together.

WIth love,
Markus x

01. Faithless - God is a DJ (Monster Mix)
02. Way Out West - Ajare
03. Perry O'Neil - Wave Force
04. Greg Murray - I Feel Loved
05. G.D. - Choral Reef
06. Hidden Logic - Time (Envio Remix)
07. Kosmas Epsilon - Innocent Thoughts
08. Guru Josh Project - Infinity (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
09. BT vs. Sasha - Remember Magnetic North
10. Sander Kleinenberg - Sacred
11. Mr. Pit - Love You More
12. Lucas & Beltram - Trust Me
13. Piece Process - Solar Myth (Markus Schulz Breaks Mix)
14. Velvet Girl - Walking in Sunshine
15. Niklas Harding pres. Arcane - Blue Circles
16. Andy Moor vs. Orkidea - YearZero (Andy Moor's First Light Mix)
17. Chicane - Red Skies
18. Kamaya Painters - Northern Spirit
19. James Holden - A Break in the Clouds (The Lamb Chops Whaddayamean it's Supa Tigga Rigga Wigga Mix)
20. Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - I Am What I Am (Lange Remix)
21. B.B.E. - Flash (Club Mix)
22. BT & Paul van Dyk - Namistai
23. Mekka - Diamondback
24. Corderoy - Sweetest Dreams (Ferry Corsten Remix)
25. Paul van Dyk feat. Hemtock & Jennings - Nothing But You (Super8 & Tab Remix)
26. Jam & Spoon - Odyssey to Anyoona
27. Mother's Pride - Floribunda (Big C Remix)
28. Vincent de Moor - Fly Away (Cosmic Gate Remix)
29. Markus Schulz - 65.4Hz
30. Binary Finary - 1998 (Matt Darey Remix)
31. Lemon & Einar K - Anticipation
32. Zirenz - Edge of Space (Whiteroom Remix)
33. Elevation - Biscayne

cj_iwakura

R1sNBsdl.jpg

Global DJ Broadcast January 7th 2016 (Classics Showcase)
https://soundcloud.com/markusschulz/classicsshowcase2016

01. Faithless - God is a DJ (Monster Mix)
02. Way Out West - Ajare
03. Perry O'Neil - Wave Force
04. Greg Murray - I Feel Loved
05. G.D. - Choral Reef
06. Hidden Logic - Time (Envio Remix)
07. Kosmas Epsilon - Innocent Thoughts
08. Guru Josh Project - Infinity (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
09. BT vs. Sasha - Remember Magnetic North
10. Sander Kleinenberg - Sacred
11. Mr. Pit - Love You More
12. Lucas & Beltram - Trust Me
13. Piece Process - Solar Myth (Markus Schulz Breaks Mix)
14. Velvet Girl - Walking in Sunshine
15. Niklas Harding pres. Arcane - Blue Circles
16. Andy Moor vs. Orkidea - YearZero (Andy Moor's First Light Mix)
17. Chicane - Red Skies
18. Kamaya Painters - Northern Spirit
19. James Holden - A Break in the Clouds (The Lamb Chops Whaddayamean it's Supa Tigga Rigga Wigga Mix)
20. Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - I Am What I Am (Lange Remix)
21. B.B.E. - Flash (Club Mix)
22. BT & Paul van Dyk - Namistai
23. Mekka - Diamondback
24. Corderoy - Sweetest Dreams (Ferry Corsten Remix)
25. Paul van Dyk feat. Hemtock & Jennings - Nothing But You (Super8 & Tab Remix)
26. Jam & Spoon - Odyssey to Anyoona
27. Mother's Pride - Floribunda (Big C Remix)
28. Vincent de Moor - Fly Away (Cosmic Gate Remix)
29. Markus Schulz - 65.4Hz
30. Binary Finary - 1998 (Matt Darey Remix)
31. Lemon & Einar K - Anticipation
32. Zirenz - Edge of Space (Whiteroom Remix)
33. Elevation - Biscayne

The more BT, the merrier.

Ashhong

Anybody listen to ASOT last week? He did a 138 episode

Tracklist

Highlight Tribe - Free Tibet (Vini Vici Remix) [Iboga Records]
Orla Feeney & Kriess Guyte - Nebula [Damaged Records]
Jean - Michel Jarre & Armin van Buuren - Stardust (Rising Star Remix)
Paul van Dyk & Jordan Suckley - City Of Sound (Liquid Soul Remix) [VANDIT]
Coming Soon!!! & Bryan Kearney - Anti Social Media [KEARNAGE]
A & Z vs. Amir Hussain - Dizzy Heights [WAO138?!]
Denis Kenzo feat. Sarah Lynn - Ashes (Cold Rush Remix) [Sir Adrian Music]
Liquid Soul & Zyce feat. Solar Kid - Anjuna (Jordan Suckley Remix) [Iboga Records]
Signum - First Strike (Indecent Noise Remix) [White Label]
Andrew Bayer feat. Asbjorn vs. Cold Blue - Super Wonderfall (UCast Mashup)
EverLight - Our World [Dark Soho]
Indecent Noise - Come Get Some [Mental Asylum]
Armin van Buuren feat. Cimo Fränkel - Strong Ones (Jase Thirlwall Remix) [Armind]
John Askew - Shine (Sean Tyas Psy Remix) [WAO138?!]
Unbeat - The Beast [Critical State]
Alan Morris - Born [Monster Pure]
Armin van Buuren pres. Rising Star - Clear Blue Moon (Will Rees 2Bootleg Remix) [WAO138?!]
Tune Of The Week: Simon Patterson feat. Lucy Pullin - Now I Can Breathe Again [Armind]
Andrew Bayer vs. Sylvermay - Nobody Told Redlight (Giuseppe Ottaviani Mashup)
Photographer - Atlas [Monster Tunes]
Ace Ventura vs. The Thrillseekers - Neurothesia (RAMashup)
Armin Van Buuren feat. Nadia Ali - Who Is Watching (Paul Denton Rework) [Armada]
Allen Watts - Flashback [Monster Force]
Coming Soon!!! - Innocence Lost [WAO138?!]
Armin van Buuren feat. Ray Wilson - Yet Another Day (Ucast Remix) [Armada]
Maximal - Why [Monster Tunes]
Yuri Kane - Right Back (Nivaya BootlegDedication Mix) [Free Download]
Armin van Buuren pres. Gaia - Carnation (Abstract Vision & Aimoon Bootleg) [Armind]
Too Much Artists - Alone To Love A UFO (Standerwick Mashup)
ASOT Radio Classic: Dogzilla - Dogzilla (Simon Patterson & Richie Kayvan Remix)

http://miroppb.com/ASOT/747

Ashhong

Was a pretty good episode. Although I'm really digging this 2016 Classics Showcase from Markus. Good stuff in here.

Alot of PSY in the 138 episode, which I'm not a fan of live but it's not bad when I'm in my seat doing work.

Aly & Fila doing an Essential Mix Feb. 13th!

This sounds awesome. Essential mixes are coming from LA now arent they?

cdyhybrid

Was a pretty good episode. Although I'm really digging this 2016 Classics Showcase from Markus. Good stuff in here.

Alot of PSY in the 138 episode, which I'm not a fan of live but it's not bad when I'm in my seat doing work.

This sounds awesome. Essential mixes are coming from LA now arent they?
Not sure. Pete Tong is in LA now, but it doesn't really matter where it comes from with the internet.

Ashhong

Fuck the lineup to Beyond Wonderland is so good

Gouryella, Myon and Shane54 Trance Showcase, PureNRG, Paul Van Dyk, Jorn Van Deynhoven, Will Atkinson, and maybe more I forgot. I hate the venue though...decisions decisions

Ferr986

I really wonder what Ferry is going to do with Gouryella.

I mean, a System F/Gouryella only set would be probably good enough, but not enough for all "Gouryella" set. I think he got into a problem himself. The Gouryella moniker is bigger that he think it is IMO.

Ashhong

I really wonder what Ferry is going to do with Gouryella.

I mean, a System F/Gouryella only set would be probably good enough, but not enough for all "Gouryella" set. I think he got into a problem himself. The Gouryella moniker is bigger that he think it is IMO.

What do you mean? I think he will just play a bunch of Gouryella classics and some other similar songs like Dimension's Origami. Going to be an epic set.

Ferr986

What do you mean? I think he will just play a bunch of Gouryella classics and some other similar songs like Dimension's Origami. Going to be an epic set.

Sure, but I mean, it's worth all the fuss about the first ever Gouryella set? Couldn't he do the same as Ferry Corsten?

Atleast Armin did something "diferent" with Gouryella, with all the religious motif (and god forbids I put Armin above Ferry, I think Ferry is waaaay better producer than Armin when he puts some effort). Let's see anyways, I'm really looking forward to the first Gouryella set. Probably what you said will be enough to make an epic set. Hell, his System F set on that japanese club a couple of months ago was crazy good-

Ashhong

Sure, but I mean, it's worth all the fuss about the first ever Gouryella set? Couldn't he do the same as Ferry Corsten?

Atleast Armin did something "diferent" with Gouryella, with all the religious motif (and god forbids I put Armin above Ferry, I think Ferry is waaaay better producer than Armin when he puts some effort). Let's see anyways, I'm really looking forward to the first Gouryella set. Probably what you said will be enough to make an epic set. Hell, his System F set on that japanese club a couple of months ago was crazy good-

I think there's a big fuss about it because it's been so long, and because it's finally a return to actual trance in the scene. People are excited for it and to see what new music he will make as Gouryella. If it was a Ferry set the expectations would be different.

Yea Armin did that weird religious thing with Gaia but the music was essentially what makes it so different and awesome.

Ixian

Fuck the lineup to Beyond Wonderland is so good

Gouryella, Myon and Shane54 Trance Showcase, PureNRG, Paul Van Dyk, Jorn Van Deynhoven, Will Atkinson, and maybe more I forgot. I hate the venue though...decisions decisions
I'm incredibly sad I'm going to be missing out on Beyond this year, especially since last year's Beyond was the first rave I ever attended. Fortunately I attended both Dreamstates so I got to see a lot of the artists already. Hopefully Ultra's trance lineup will be good. :)

Ashhong

I'm incredibly sad I'm going to be missing out on Beyond this year, especially since last year's Beyond was the first rave I ever attended. Fortunately I attended both Dreamstates so I got to see a lot of the artists already. Hopefully Ultra's trance lineup will be good. :)

Glad you enjoyed Dreamstate. Way too much psy for me, didn't have as much fun as I had hoped. The Beyond trance lineup is more along what I expected.

Gav

How many of you guys go to shows alone? Last year i said fuck it, and if no-one else wanted to go, i went anyway. Best year ever. Easily something every 3 weeks, highlight being the 1 day trip over to Amsterdam for Solarstones open2close ADE boat party! (1 of 7 times i saw him last year!). Met so many people over the past year that im now good friends with.
This year is off to a pretty damn good start, too. Last week was Kearnage at Rong in Manchester.
Tonight is Digital Society's 9th Birthday in Leeds - Menno, Morph, JOC, Sherry, Standerwick and a boatload more. Cant wait!

Got a few other things lined up on top of that already for the year, both alone and with others.
Trancecoda Birmingham - PVD, John Askew, Ben Nicky etc
Trancecoda Coalville - Pure Trance - Solarstone, Gai Barone etc
Above & Beyond Acoustic II, Royal Albert Hall, London
XStatic Summer Festival, Solarstone, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Andy Moor etc
Godskitchen The Last Dance, Birmingham
Mint Festival, Leeds
ADE Amsterdam, 4 nights!

Gonna be a damn good year.

cdyhybrid

How many of you guys go to shows alone? Last year i said fuck it, and if no-one else wanted to go, i went anyway. Best year ever. Easily something every 3 weeks, highlight being the 1 day trip over to Amsterdam for Solarstones open2close ADE boat party! (1 of 7 times i saw him last year!). Met so many people over the past year that im now good friends with.
This year is off to a pretty damn good start, too. Last week was Kearnage at Rong in Manchester.
Tonight is Digital Society's 9th Birthday in Leeds - Menno, Morph, JOC, Sherry, Standerwick and a boatload more. Cant wait!

Got a few other things lined up on top of that already for the year, both alone and with others.
Trancecoda Birmingham - PVD, John Askew, Ben Nicky etc
Trancecoda Coalville - Pure Trance - Solarstone, Gai Barone etc
Above & Beyond Acoustic II, Royal Albert Hall, London
XStatic Summer Festival, Solarstone, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Andy Moor etc
Godskitchen The Last Dance, Birmingham
Mint Festival, Leeds
ADE Amsterdam, 4 nights!

Gonna be a damn good year.

I typically do, although I run it by people to see if they'll bite (they occasionally do depending on who it is). Mostly club shows though.

jambo

Unfortunately the trance scene in my city mostly died after a few of the bigger promoters stopped working in the industry or moved interstate. Most artists that announce Aussie tours will hit up the Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and maybe Perth, but pretty much always skip Adelaide =[

GmcRWwn.jpg

Thomas Datt Chronicles Yearmix 2015
http://www.thomasdatt.com/2016/01/2443/ <<< m4a
https://soundcloud.com/thomasdatt/chronicles-2015-year-mix-part-1 <<< mp3 part 1
https://soundcloud.com/thomasdatt/chronicles-2015-year-mix-part-2 <<< mp3 part 2
http://cuenation.com/?page=tracklist&folder=various&filename=2015yearmix.cue <<< cue file

01. Max Gueli - A New Beginning
02. ElDera feat. Den Rize - Ararat
03. Guy J - Candyland
04. 1Touch - People Needs
05. Guy J - Dizzy Moments
06. Kieran J - Wave Therapy
07. Ferris & Morttagua - Nahimana
08. 16 Bit Lolitas feat. Lucy Iris - Stardust
09. Othon - Japan Suite (JP Lantieri Remix)
10. Cubicolor - Magnum
11. Above Beyond feat. Gemma Hayes - Counting Down The Days (Yotto Remix)
12. Nugen - Deliverance (Forerunners Remix)
13. Vitaly Shturm - Minare (Esensides 'Taking Control' Remix)
14. Napalm & D-Phrag - Rise Up (Cetera Remix)
15. Max Graham - Airtight (Tim Penner Remix)
16. Tim Penner feat. Amber Long - Everything To Everyone (Gai Barone Remix)
17. Forerunners - Watching The Lights Go Down (Foundation Mix)
18. Alan Morris - Never Again
19. Nordstorm - Pondus
20. CODE432 - Pathfinder
21. Basil O'Glue - Seven Sages (Solarstone's EA3 Reconstruction)
22. Nuera - Centum
23. Haxxy - Red River
24. Tom Strobe - Analog Love
25. Sebastian Weikum - There She Is
26. Fiben - Voyage
27. Indiana - Only The Lonely (Fehrplay Remix)
28. 1Touch - Mineral
29. Raggapop Inc Elevate - Interconnected (Evgeny KoTT Remix)
30. Vitodito - Paralelo 38 (Sergey Shemet Remix)
31. Max Ruby - Still Unnamed Sense
32. Slam Duck & Nienke Jansen - Idealist (Gvozdini Remix)
33. Dmitry i - Analemma
34. Alex O'Rion - One Million Raindrops
35. Persona - In Time
36. Bardalimov - Child (Martin Peter Remix)
37. Sunlight Project - Brighter Days
38. Andrei Niconoff & Hoova - Faith Of Light
39. Audio Noir - One More Night (Airwave Remix)
40. EDU - Shortcut To Summer
41. The Monobeat - In The Arms Of Eternity
42. Matt Holliday - New Leaf
43. Roald Velden - Hope (Kryo Remix)
44. Mobil - Colours Of Life
45. Crowley - Altai
46. Kyau & Albert with Stoneface & Terminal - One
47. Dmitriy Bulakov - Dark Moon
48. Will Atkinson pres. Josep - With Light
49. Pearson & Hirst - With You
50. Simon Bostock - Do You Know
51. CHVRCHES - Afterglow (Thomas Datt Remix)
52. Airwave - A Touch Of Grace (Deep And Dark Mix)
53. Splattered Implant & The Digital Blonde - The Weeping Willow (Facade Remix)
54. John 00 Fleming - If I Don't Come Home (John O'Callaghan Remix)
55. Reprobate - Rising Sun
56. Simon Templar - The Alignement
57. Aerium - Horizons (Solarstone Retouch)
58. Tau - Mahayana (James Poulton Remix)
59. Ferry Tayle - Let The Magic Happen (The Thrillseekers Remix)
60. Factor B - Sacrosanct
61. Darren Porter - Deep Blue
62. Ferrin & Morris - Glory
63. Amir Hussain - Kyoto
64. Greg Downey & Bo Bruce - These Hands I Hold (Sean Tyas Remix)
65. Dimension - Origami
66. Thomas Datt - Prana Flow
67. Thomas Datt - Across The Edge (Club Mix)
68. Miroslav Vrlik & Andre Visior - Red Sky
69. Cyre & DJ T.H. - Ibiza Calling (Mhammed El Alami & Manuel Rocca Remix)
70. Gouryella - Anahera
71. UDM - Follow The Sun
72. Hazem Beltagui pres. Dark Sahara - The Weaver Of Black Noise (CBM Remix)
73. Eddie Bitar - Drive
74. Talla 2XLC - The Spring Is My Love (Indecent Noise Remix)
75. Underworld - To Heal (John Askew Remix)
76. MODERN8 - You're Out There
77. Liquid Soul - Precious (Krama Remix)
78. Vertex & Static Movement - Atlantic Spirit (Vertex Remix)
79. Daniel Lesden & Mekka - Aurora
80. Spacenode - Moonfire
81. Mindwave - Long Delayed Echoes
82. Analog Drink - It's A New Dawn
83. Ghost Rider & Kopel - We Are Humans
84. Lish & Yoake - Lift Off
85. Midimal - Food Of Life
86. Ticon - Waiting For The Knights (FREq Remix)
87. Vini Vici - Alteza
88. Vertical Mode - Groove Reaction (Symbolic Remix)
89. Zyrus 7 - Flowtation
90. 3 Access & You feat. Ovnimoon - Violeta
91. Egorythmia & Static Movement - Other Dimensions Of Space
92. Sideform - Angaraka (Solaris Vibe Remix)
93. One Function - Back To My Roots
94. Chris Voro - Penumbra (Timewave Remix)
95. Daniel Lesden & Cosmithex - Genesis (You Are My Salvation Remix)
96. Thomas Datt - The Psychonaut
97. Omiki & Avshi - East Side Story
98. Zentura - Nova Era
99. 3 Access & You feat. Ovnimoon - Insolent
100. Ovnimoon - Spirit
101. Ovnimoon with 3 Access and You - We Are One
102. One Function - Oneness
103. Ace Ventura - Going Back (Vini Vici Remix)
104. Yahel - Soul (Ranji & Replay Remix)
105. Vice - A Journey On Barefeet
106. Norma Project - Other Side
107. Major7 & Reality Test - Seduction
108. Yahel - Spirulina (Tronsho Remix)
109. Unbeat - The Beast
110. Active Limbic System & Chris Voro - Alien Earth

Top Bottom