• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

parasight

Just got the full game. Add me: Paralock

Can't believe I have to do this damn Tutorial again though, after finishing it on Trial. Annoying.

Finished with all Golds last night.
I believe that VOLCANO is best done solo - many less enemies to deal with.

My setup: the mech with 6 slots & fast legs, 3 purple skyth machine guns, 1 purple pancake artillery gun, level 3 slowdown emplacements, & advanced flak turrets.

Put the flack turrets on each side of the defense tower, and keep throwing out the emplacements that slow down enemy advances. You should have no problem with the above loadout.

Thing about Trenched is, the levels are always the same - there's no randomness to the waves of enemy attacks.

tjohn86

parasight said:
Just got the full game. Add me: Paralock

Can't believe I have to do this damn Tutorial again though, after finishing it on Trial. Annoying.

I bought the game when prompted after the trial and didnt have to replay it.

Is max rank 10?

Duress

I did it! I got Volcano! 80% exactly!

I tried like 15 times with other people doing Farnsworth. Then I went in later did it myself and got the gold -_-

tjohn86

Duress said:

I tried like 15 times with other people doing Farnsworth. Then I went in later did it myself and got the gold -_-

What was your strategy?

Duress

All of us had some sort of explosive (grenade launcher or artillery) and machine guns for the bugs. I like the grenade launcher with the shock and magnetism. I think it slows them down and homes in a little.

We set up massive machine guns for the flyers on the north and south ends.We also positioned ourselves two on each side. like Rygar said.

The eastern long entrance we set up the gathering turrets. Each time they came out that entrance one of us would just throw explosives and just shoot down that passage.

Just outside the walls we set up two massive shotguns to take care of those worms.

For the guys with the shells on we equipped artillery and grenades and mowed them down with machine guns.

Big guys come out like Willy help out when you can.

Upgrade the machine guns. Take care of the flyers as soon as possible

That's all I can think of. Sorry if my writing is confusing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a chasis with 2 heavys, 1 light and 1 support? Because the only light I really need is machine gun.

I also wish this game made turrets cheaper for the smaller mechs

S1kkZ

ugh, the framerate is so fucking awful (first mission in africa). the game just stops sometimes (for 1 or 2 seconds), even when nothing is happening on-screen. i hope they fix that.

cwmartin

Man, I really do suck at this game! I've completed every mission, but it wasn't easy. Spend all my cash on emplacements/upgrades, still get rocked. Maybe its my loadout? Am I supposed to be golding levels my first time through?

equil

cwmartin said:
Man, I really do suck at this game! I've completed every mission, but it wasn't easy. Spend all my cash on emplacements/upgrades, still get rocked. Maybe its my loadout? Am I supposed to be golding levels my first time through?

Are you playing by yourself? Its so much better and easier with more people.

Palmer_v1

cwmartin said:

Playing with others, I believe I got gold on every level but the bosses, and volcano my first attempt. By yourself, you probably won't until you have a lot of the better end game weapons/emplacements.

Duress said:

Nice man!

I've been going back to get the medals I missed the first time playing with one other person and it seems a lot easier. I'm sure some of that is the much better weapons and emplacements though.

And I can't believe I didn't use the broadcaster at all my first time through. They are fun as hell, especially the level 10 one.

Duress

ILOVEASIANS said:
Nice man!

I've been going back to get the medals I missed the first time playing with one other person and it seems a lot easier. I'm sure some of that is the much better weapons and emplacements though.

And I can't believe I didn't use the broadcaster at all my first time through. They are fun as hell, especially the level 10 one.

I like the level 10 broadcaster too. The chain reaction from exploding one tube and then the next is so fun! It's so good against those knobs.

Just need to finish the scrap collection challenge. I never realized how little scrap I got from multiplayer games. People need to stop hogging it all

Played two quick rounds this morning and got two achievements. Going to be playing more with my friend here in a minute. Definitely getting my value from this game. I've been contemplating buying Psychonauts on Xbox Originals for a while. Playing this gem from Double Fine may be what pushes me over the edge and finally makes me buy it.

Grisby

S1kkZ said:
ugh, the framerate is so fucking awful (first mission in africa). the game just stops sometimes (for 1 or 2 seconds), even when nothing is happening on-screen. i hope they fix that.

Is it really that bad? I hate when games do the stop/pause thing.

S1kkZ

Grisby said:
in some levels: yes, its horrible. it feels like a real laggy online game (i play solo).

i still think its some kind of bug. i mean: the game stutters when you hit the releoad button (maybe to load the animation) and there is nothing else on screen.

S1kkZ said:

Grisby said:

I never had any framerate issues and certainly no pausing. Not sure what's going on with S1kkz's game.

jtrov

razgriz417 said:
I just got the weirdest error, when trying to boot the game, it says that there is a read disc error...

Same thing happened to me when I booted up the game for the first time today. Really weird...

Sorry for not joining your game. I was in already in a match at the time and it was my last one before I had to run to the store.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Corleth the Fey said:
Anything you buy is tied to the account and to the Xbox it is bought on. So I can play it on any account as long as I play it on the Xbox I bought it on.

I'm surprised people don't know this. I nearly always unlock pre-order codes/buy DLC and arcade games on my girlfriends Xbox whilst signed in on my account. We both get the item then.

So glad I followed your advice and tunneled in using a US account. What a fucking awesome game. So very, very satisfying and an amazing co-op game.

I'm a bit of a ways into this and enjoying it immensely so far, but I got a quick question.

Love the speed upgrade of the engineer chassis, but would like one that has a double/single hardpoint loadout. The only ones I have access to are either one double or two singles.

I'm using the one with the single double-hardpoint right now and doing pretty well for myself but I think with one further single hardpoint on the opposite side I'd be in heaven. Does such a thing become available eventually?

randomlyrossy said:
I never had any framerate issues and certainly no pausing. Not sure what's going on with S1kkz's game.

Yeah, mine runs fine solo. I only get pauses in co-op when a message comes up that I'm "Waiting for so and so," but that is probably partially due to our awful interwebs.

I just got my
Psychonauts suit
and finished up all the Personal Challenges.
I was hoping to unlock something by completing them all but no dice.

Now I just need to Silver and Gold Volcano and Farnsworth and I'll be good. I'm still really enjoying this game quite a bit. Best $15 I've spent in a while.

ColonelSkills said:
I'm a bit of a ways into this and enjoying it immensely so far, but I got a quick question.

Love the speed upgrade of the engineer chassis, but would like one that has a double/single hardpoint loadout. The only ones I have access to are either one double or two singles.

I'm using the one with the single double-hardpoint right now and doing pretty well for myself but I think with one further single hardpoint on the opposite side I'd be in heaven. Does such a thing become available eventually?
Nope, the Selker and Honeychurch are the only engineering chassis. Maybe give one of the standard chassis a go if you want more weapon slots?

jtrov said:
Same thing happened to me when I booted up the game for the first time today. Really weird...

Sorry for not joining your game. I was in already in a match at the time and it was my last one before I had to run to the store.

No worries, next time then

Archurro

S1kkZ said:
in some levels: yes, its horrible. it feels like a real laggy online game (i play solo).

i still think its some kind of bug. i mean: the game stutters when you hit the releoad button (maybe to load the animation) and there is nothing else on screen.
Maybe you should delete and redownload. The only time I've had terrible framerate was during poor connection online matches. Other than that time, I've never had slowdown problems.

TxdoHawk

Beat the game, five missions away from all golds now.

I gotta say, Engineering chassis mechs feel pretty gimped. They need cheaper turret costs or something, IMO. Feel like I am doing a lot more running around with an Assault mech and dropping the occasional turret.

S1kkZ said:

??

Not a single instance of slow down. Are you talking multiplayer?

Only gold I have left to get is Vlad. Any tips? Trying it with two people. What's the general strategy? Seems like most of the time spent is just us waiting for the red sacs to emerge in phase 3.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ToyMachine228 said:
Only gold I have left to get is Vlad. Any tips? Trying it with two people. What's the general strategy? Seems like most of the time spent is just us waiting for the red sacs to emerge in phase 3.

I haven't gotten gold yet but it seems like dual wield the Gunginr and shoot both at the same time to instantly get it. I missed the shot once and missed the time mark so you seem to need to be perfect on it.

Papercuts said:
I haven't gotten gold yet but it seems like dual wield the Gunginr and shoot both at the same time to instantly get it. I missed the shot once and missed the time mark so you seem to need to be perfect on it.

Yeah. I read one guide for it that says if you miss a shot, you're pretty much screwed. When we tried it with two people, we both had sniper rifles but not the Gunginr, and our best time was 40 seconds passed Gold.

Jintor

Volcano is kicking my ass. Keep dying on the final wave. Playing by myself because don't have LIVE. :<

Any tips? 4 MG turrets + 2 shotguns + 3 dampeners and a lot of going out beforehand and taking out shielders is working alright so far, but...

Duress

ToyMachine228 said:

I personally used the six slot Chasis with Wolverine sniper and scythe and on each side and the legs with quick reload and fortify. Stay in the center so you can be ready to hit his sides during the second phase.

elfinke

I can vouch for the single player frame rate/stuttering issues also. It was dreadful in the last level I was playing this afternoon, reminded me of the days I was playing UT in software mode with 64mb of RAM and the pagefile would get flogged after awhile!

As others have noted, it's not during intensive gameplay sequences or anything, so seems to be more a bug than anything else. About to cook dinner now, I'll see if it persists afterwards (maybe a cache/memory leak related?)

Aside from that, the game is wonderful. It's the first time I've turned the xboxen on for months. If it wasn't for the hype in this thread, I'd have never picked it up so thanks guys! My GT is my GAF username so add me and hit me up if you so desire.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This game is pure genius, I fucking love it.

The framerate problems in multiplayer (which I'm pretty sure are tied to latency) are a complete mess though. This game is screaming for a PC port.

Top Bottom