• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

TheOddOne

nhZSh.png

Jeff as DLC DO IT DOUBLE FINE.

Gowans

I like the fact Brad acknowledged that random or infinite survival mode is something they know people are looking for in DLC.

Teknoman

Wow that was insane *_*

Chromehounds playlist with stuff from Big O, Nanostray, and a little Bionic Commando made those last minute rushes even better though.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I wonder what is the problem with the distribution of this game in Europe. Considering it has been available since wednesday here in Switzerland, and looks like in Norway as well.

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
Kandrick said:
I wonder what is the problem with the distribution of this game in Europe. Considering it has been available since wednesday here in Switzerland, and looks like in Norway as well.

Has to be EU-related somehow, eh?

It's suspect, MS EU managed to get Lucha Fury and the Sonic demo up no probs and my understanding of distribution of digital content is that you only have to upload a file and press a button...there's more to this than the devs/MS are letting on.

hitoshi

Speedymanic said:
It's suspect, MS EU managed to get Lucha Fury and the Sonic demo up no probs and my understanding of distribution of digital content is that you only have to upload a file and press a button...there's more to this than the devs/MS are letting on.

Especially if you take into consideration that anything Trenched related, even it's game page and trailer were removed from the whole database...

I think im gonna pass on this one. I would have bought it on Day 1 but this wating really made me think about what should i spend my points on - i'm gonna be robbed in the summer anyway because so many great games are coming.

It's a shame, really.

McBradders said:
I don't have one of those T____T
Well get yourself one. It take 5 mins.

I just added my Paypal account to my US one, and then bought some points. I'm now playing the game on my UK account.

Fair enough that we shouldn't be jumping through hoops, but there's obviously an issue with this game - no doubt to do with some kind of war sensitivity and god knows when it's coming out. When I want something and software companies deny me - I see it as my duty to get around it. I did it with Two Worlds 2 and now this.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Corleth the Fey said:

I just added my Paypal account to my US one, and then bought some points. I'm now playing the game on my UK account.

Fair enough that we shouldn't be jumping through hoops, but there's obviously an issue with this game - no doubt to do with some kind of war sensitivity and god knows when it's coming out. When I want something and software companies deny me - I see it as my duty to get around it. I did it with Two Worlds 2 and now this.

Oh fucking SNAP, I forgot there is PayPal support now. The thing putting me off was the bullshit of having to buy separate points.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Corleth the Fey said:

Can you still play online and get the achievements with the UK account? If so I am sold.

derFeef

Corleth the Fey said:

Huh, how does this work? I thought the game is tied to your account you bought it with.

Anything you buy is tied to the account and to the Xbox it is bought on. So I can play it on any account as long as I play it on the Xbox I bought it on.

I'm surprised people don't know this. I nearly always unlock pre-order codes/buy DLC and arcade games on my girlfriends Xbox whilst signed in on my account. We both get the item then.

Corleth the Fey said:
Anything you buy is tied to the account and to the Xbox it is bought on. So I can play it on any account as long as I play it on the Xbox I bought it on.

I'm surprised people don't know this. I nearly always unlock pre-order codes/buy DLC and arcade games on my girlfriends Xbox whilst signed in on my account. We both get the item then.

Yes I do this all the time with my son, he would buy dlc/games on my xbox and I do the same on his. this way we can play together and don't have to spend double.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Corleth the Fey said:

There are some games where you have to use the gamertag used to purchase the game to unlock achievements, etc.

Actually I may be confusing this with Person playing on second controller.. I am sure I have ran into some restrictions before

I think I may end up just waiting because I normally take my Gamertag around with me and this way I would have to take two around with me, just for one game..

Corleth the Fey said:

You can also play anything you bought on another Xbox with the gamertag that purchased it as long as you're signed into Live.

MGrant

I wonder if the Euro delay has anything to do with the Dress Hat's two-finger salute? I know it's an obscene signal in UK, but that wouldn't explain why the game was allowed as-is in Australia.

salute.jpg

MGrant said:
I wonder if the Euro delay has anything to do with the Dress Hat's two-finger salute? I know it's an obscene signal in UK, but that wouldn't explain why the game was allowed as-is in Australia.

salute.jpg
as long as it's rated as such, and i'm sure it is, that'd be fine.
what annoys me i that this game didn't just 'spring up' over night, microsoft/double fine have been working on this for a period of time & should've been aware of whatever problem has now occurred.
granted, they want to sell it to us so i'm sure they've done everything in their power so far to get the game released.

Whats the consensus on Shotgun turrets later in the game? Are they still useful? And compared to Machine Gun turrets? Also, whats the best use for them?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Flunkie said:
Game is fun. Any way to skip the talking/"cutscenes" before levels?

It seems to be selective. You can generally skip anything from the commanding officier guy just by pressing A/B, after it gets a few lines in, but if it's your nemesis talking, he seems to force you to listed to / watch everything he's presenting, with no ability to skip.

I guess it's all pretty hard-coded into the pacing of the game... which is why it's kinda funny when you can see enemies getting killed in the middle of cinematics, by sniper cannons and the like.

As an European player I folded and made added the point to my US account through Paypal. Games great, though I only seem to be able to do one salute despite wearing 3 different kinds of hat?

Gowans

Yeah look like no Friday night and weekend release for us :(

Gave up on the code giveaways.

Been playing toy soilders in the meantime, yup still stuck on the last level.

jediyoshi

HBroward said:
Anyone have an idea which mission may drop the black paint job?

Couldn't tell you a specific one, but I got it pretty quickly within playing with a random group of people early on. Definitely wasn't a mission too late in the game

Tokubetsu

jediyoshi said:
Couldn't tell you a specific one, but I got it pretty quickly within playing with a random group of people early on. Definitely wasn't a mission too late in the game

Was it a mission? I feel like it was a challenge.

Dabanton

Added some points to my US account from Gamerpoints Now and now have the full game unlocked on my UK account.

Will be tucking into the game later :D

Top Bottom