• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

Reluctant-Hero said:
Anyone know how to unlock the
Psychonauts
marine outfit & hat?

The top is unlocked from either a random loot drop or just one of the missions (can't say for sure). You get the hat from completing the campaign.

Havok

Reluctant-Hero said:
Anyone know how to unlock the
Psychonauts
marine outfit & hat?
Two of the challenges spit them out as a reward. Level 4 or 5 for both, one is scrap collected, and I think the other is emplacement kills.

dragonelite said:
uugh drunk europe rant on why i can't play this game this stuff is so not cool man.

SNSD-Jessica-Cute-Sad-Face-Cut.jpg

It is a shame. But now you have all these awesome impressions, you know you can just dive in without any regrets :)

/silverlinings

derFeef

Spirit of Jazz said:
Then buy it on a US account and add some points via paypal.
I have 6000 points on my account, why should I make another account (which is also one more thing to remember and take care of)? It is a solution, but it is not a workable solution for everyone.

TheOddOne

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
This shit is MS, how can they fuck up publishing their own game on their own network, DF should sue for lost profits.
Ha, sue the people that poured money into your project!

desertdroog

This game has me pining for a Chromehounds 2.0.

Outfitting a mech and going to battle with coherent teammates is a sublime experience ...even against waves of enemy AI.

MGrant

ToyMachine228 said:
I'll post this again...Opinion of Shotgun Turrets vs Machine Gun Turrets? And when to use which?

Machine Gun Turrets can attack both air and ground, and are generally superior for base defense. Shotgun turrets can only attack ground and have shorter range, but do more damage. They're best for putting right up next to a conduit, preferably if you can get a minelayer and dampener out there, too.

Honestly though, I haven't met much that can withstand two level 3 machine guns.

tjohn86

A ring of shotgun turrets with a dampener around the objective seems to do pretty well.

I usually have several machine guns equipped though.

tjohn86 said:
Anyone elses regiment stats stop updating?

Yes, today. Was hoping to see some of the other costumes unlocked before I burned this game out, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Game has held me in it's grip for the past 3 days. Played about 75 games total.

I'm thankful for Double Fine games.

HBroward

The regiment is still being updated, it just doesn't pop the screen showing the bars fill. If you check the challenges from the menu, you'll notice they are still increasing after each mission. It won't pop the message for when you unlock things, but you will still have them.

cwmartin

Just played the trial and didnt think ide love it as much as i do! Definitely need some GAF buds to co-op with.

GT: cwmartin

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Duress said:
I can't get a gold on Volcano >_<

I played the whole thing co-op with one other person. Not sure on single player but make sure to use heavy machine gun turrets (at least 3) on the north ridge in your base. And at least two more at the west end. To fend off aerials. After that focus on making a ton of advanced sniper turrets. They destroy everything. And after all that just drop down some damper turrets by the Tube spawn points to help take keep control of enemy waves.

My friend and I finished the campaign last night. Now onto getting a gold rating on each mission. Some of them are going to be tough.

Gaspode_T

The explosions of blue and orange are so beautiful...the level where you are being attacked by a lightning storm...OMG!!! The sound effects in this game also deserve some love, the sound of the machine gun and the tubes is really spot on.

I am going with an engineer style chassis...we'll see how it goes.

Phreaker

equil said:
Has it actually worked for anyone? Cause i still havent had mine show up.

I have seen people in game with it, and I inspected their Trench and saw it was the Two Headed Baby Brigade painjob. I just signed up this morning, so I don't have it yet myself.

I'm having a hard time getting a successful 4 player game going. The first three games I got into had four pilots, but the last guy's trench never appeared on the ship, even after waiting several minutes. Once I got into a mission with 4 people, it lasted for about 10 seconds then my game froze.

I'll give it another try later.

I'm really enjoying Trenched! I suspected I'd like it, but I had no idea it would give me an almost Diablo-like feeling. Maybe this is why I'm kind of wondering about balance issues on a 10 hour $15 DLC title. ;)

I feel like right now the assault chassis are imbalanced over the smaller engineering chassis. It's either a point of creating more inherent disadvantages to using a heavy frame, or giving more advantages to the lighter ones.

In four player matches I feel like I never have enough scrap to get out my strongest emplacements and get them upgraded, while the Karlson's all have a bunch of Massive Machine Gun or Shotgun turrets out and spread across the field, while they are also just demolishing everything with six slots worth of weapon load.

Anyone else notice this or have preferred tactics as the Honeychurch or Selker to guarantee being competitive? Again, I'm really enjoying the game so far, and even though I'm maxed out I keep replaying the levels. What a great weekend download.

parasight

Was planning on waiting for a sale, but I'm really itching to play this. Think I'm just going to plunge in. I'm only worried about replay value.

tjohn86

ToyMachine228 said:
My friend and I finished the campaign last night. Now onto getting a gold rating on each mission. Some of them are going to be tough.

I feel like volcano is gonna be damn near impossible.

Top Bottom