• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRON: Evolution |OT| End of Line.

Giolon

Did you watch the GiantBomb quick look? I seemed linear and poorly animated with lame, simple combat.

Graphics look pretty nice...when it doesn't show the bland distant background...

And umm...Daft Punk may have music in it...

This is hard

jgkspsx

I was afraid of this :(

From watching videos, though, it's about what I expected. I will probably still pick these up, but only at the clearance bin.

OTOH, Tron: Killer App for GBA was savaged everywhere and I liked it enough to play it to completion... multiple times.

Great opportunity to dust off Tron 2.0: Killer App for Xbox, though. I wonder if they'll release it as an Original.

robot

This was one licensed game I was hoping turned out good, given all of the potential the franchise has in gaming. I just want some good light cycle and disc throwing action!

jediyoshi

Interactive Fiction said:
Jeff Gerstmann's review should be up this week, I wonder if he'll have a more positive spin on it.
I predict he gives it a 3/5

To be fair, Nolan North accounts for one of those stars.

Lijik

The games traversal gave off a pop2008 vibe, so ill check it out when it goes down in price (or if any b2g1f happens)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So crap game...most likely crap movie...I guess the only good thing to come out of this Tron craze is a Daft Punk soundtrack. And being able to play 25 cent arcade games at Disneyland California.

Muffdraul

Relative to how much of a complete piece of shit I assumed this game would end up being... it's looking absolutely stupendously amazingly great to me. Will def purchase when it hits $19.99.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Which, from what I've heard, isn't all that great.

There's going to be epic backlash from deluded fans who thought it'd be a studio album, and that every single track would be like Derezzed.

It's a damned motion picture score; one that's ambient and unsettling thanks to Daft Punk's input.

I suspect people who will view it as am ambient chillout album will get the most out of it as standalone music.

AkuMifune

Banned
Giolon said:
Did you watch the GiantBomb quick look? I seemed linear and poorly animated with lame, simple combat.

I appreciate the OP's enthusiasm, but I saw the QuickLook too. It speaks for itself.

jkanownik

It's playable at Disneyland in their Tron dance party. It looked better than I was expecting, but I lost interest after a few minutes.

Kaijima said:
There's going to be epic backlash from deluded fans who thought it'd be a studio album, and that every single track would be like Derezzed.

It's a damned motion picture score; one that's ambient and unsettling thanks to Daft Punk's input.

I suspect people who will view it as am ambient chillout album will get the most out of it as standalone music.
I never listened to Daft Punk before listening to the score. I just thought it was pretty lackluster. Inception is my score of the year.

RS4-

The platforming is pretty bad and the fighting isn't that great. Then again, I've only done one lightcycle section and one tank portion on top of it.

But yeah...it's ok I suppose. I should read up on the reviews and see what they say about it as well.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Kaijima said:

good to know :)

jett

D-Member
Interactive Fiction said:
Oh God, 1UP gave Tron Evolution a D+

I have this game pre-ordered based entirely on my love of the Tron franchise.
Jeff Gerstmann's review should be up this week, I wonder if he'll have a more positive spin on it.
I predict he gives it a 3/5

Sounds like an excessively harsh review on the game, just because it doesn't carry much hype behind it. I'll wait for more reviews. It looks like a really good time from everything I've seen of the game, at least by licensed-properties-standards.

Aaron

I AM JOHN! said:
Seriously! Why did everyone hate it? >:|
I thought the single player was pretty dull, with awkward attempts at storytelling, but the multiplayer mode where you can switch from first person to cycles on the fly was so damn awesome.

This is a license-based game that did not have much in the way of time for production, 18 months is what I've heard, from a troubled studio that has had two projects cancelled, half of its staff laid off recently and could be shut down in the near future if this game fails to sell well. How good of a game do you realistically think this is going to be? About average for license based drek would probably be a safe guess.

Mdk7

Despite my love for Propaganda (i'll be forever grateful for Turok, probably the most underrated game of this generation!) and despite my passion for the franchise the game seems frankly garbage, or at least it looked like that at E3.
:(

The 3D Lightcycle portion (PS3) I played at Gamescom was pretty terrible, but did look much more polished during the Giantbomb Quick Look EX.
Still I'm not very hopeful unfortunately.

JohngPR

The QL for it was painful to watch on Giantbomb.

I can't imagine a situation where Ryan/Jeff weren't thinking "Man, this game's horrible." while watching Johnny V mess up jump after jump. LOL

stuminus3

+1 Tron 2.0.

I hate to say it but I'm betting Tron 2.0 will be a far superior sequel than the actual movie, too. I'd bet a testicle but I actually hope I'm wrong.

Stallion Free said:
Every Quicklook is painful to watch because they aren't funny and they always suck at the games they play.
that quicklook was being played by the development director from Disney interactive.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jack Random said:
that quicklook was being played by the development director from Disney interactive.
My statement still works. I said they suck at playing games, I didn't say they sucked at playing that one.

Top Bottom