• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trudeau (Canadian PM) to be one of first world leaders to march in gay pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

_88413358_trudeaupride.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35643410

Canada's Justin Trudeau will become one of the first world leaders to take part in a gay pride march, organisers of the Toronto event have announced.

Mr Trudeau will march in the 3 July parade alongside the city's mayor and Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne, the first lesbian premier in Canada.

The newly elected leader tweeted: "Very much looking forward to being there again, this time as PM. #PrideTO."

Organisers say gay Syrian refugees will also take part, Canadian Press reports.
Justin TrudeauImage copyrightTwitter "[It's] big news in Canada but big news around the world," Pride Toronto's executive director Mathieu Chantelois told BuzzFeed Canada.

"Not only because he is probably the sexiest politician alive but also because there has never been a leader of a country to walk in a parade, at least not that we know of." In fact, in 2012 Helle Thorning-Schmidt, then Danish Prime Minister, marched in the Copenhagen Gay Pride Parade. The Liberal prime minister, whose party now has a majority in the Canadian government, came into power last October, unseating Conservative Stephen Harper after nearly 10 years in office.

Mr Trudeau has made equality a central plank of his tenure - his government is on track to welcome 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the month. Finance Minister Bill Morneau, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne and Toronto Mayor John Tory will also take part in the march.

He's done it before but this will be first time as Prime Minister.

_88413360_478909202.jpg

Tabris

I've been paying attention to American politics lately because it's like an interesting tv drama / comedy, but comparing that to articles like this just keeps making me feel more and more fortunate to be a Canadian - especially with Trudeau over Harper.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I've been paying attention to American politics lately because it's like an interesting tv drama / comedy, but comparing that to articles like this just keeps making me feel more and more fortunate to be a Canadian - especially with Trudeau over Harper.

shhhhh

Don't want em dayumed immigrants from the south crossin our borders and takin our jobs n all

Misha

Banned
Everytime I read something about Trudeau, it just makes me feel good. Such a stark contrast from the American presidential election.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Everytime I read something about Trudeau, it just makes me feel good. Such a stark contrast from the American presidential election.

The current election right now is like the biggest political shitshow in the U.S. I've seen in years.

Like, I can't look at any candidate and say "yeah, he/she'd make a good president" for some reason

Sophie Trudeau, be still my heart. I totally have a crush on her :)

raw-trudeau-trick-treat-full-110115.jpg

this family yo

Lilith

He is the first to participate in a Gay Pride Parade? I mean, wtf? It's 2016. what the fuck is wrong with the rest of the world's leaders?
That man is awesome.

Tabris

Thanks for taking a break from tripping in a Thai bath house to give us this news update, Sir.

That's what I'm here for. And to be accurate, I was tripping in the middle of a beach party with thousands of people covered in glow-in-the-dark paint. Recovering now :)

Savitar

The current election right now is like the biggest political shitshow in the U.S. I've seen in years.

Like, I can't look at any candidate and say "yeah, he/she'd make a good president" for some reason

raw-trudeau-trick-treat-full-110115.jpg

this family yo

He ain't afraid to show his inner geek at all

trudeau-montreal-comic-con.jpg

DrMungo

As an American, i am appalled by the Trump circus. Even if he does win, he exposed a lot of ugliness still in America.

I legit looked at property in Montreal and suburbs. (I live in Rhode Island so its the closes big city)

He is the first to participate in a Gay Pride Parade? I mean, wtf? It's 2016. what the fuck is wrong with the rest of the world's leaders?
That man is awesome.

"One of", not the first. The previous Swedish prime minister did it. I'm sure there are others as well.

Tabris

I legit looked at property in Montreal and suburbs. (I live in Rhode Island so its the closes big city)

Montreal would be a good spot to buy into. Vancouver and Toronto are on the high end of their housing markets right now and may slow down a bit soon, but who knows, they haven't really slowed for 15 years.

I would recommend renting in Toronto though as TO will be a better experience then Montreal as an American I would think. Why not live in Canada for a couple months on a visa and see if you like it?

Ekdrm2d1

Sophie Trudeau, be still my heart. I totally have a crush on her :)

Nothing against Obama, but would he march in gay pride? He wasn't even defending / pushing for gay marriage until his 2nd term, right? or was he pushing that his 1st term?

I also thought about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom