• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trudeau (Canadian PM) to be one of first world leaders to march in gay pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
MAC02_MULCAIR99.jpg

"H-hey guys, remember me? I was in the official opposition! I marched in the pride parades too!"

MAC02_MULCAIR99.jpg

"H-hey guys, remember me? I was in the official opposition! I marched in the pride parades too!"

ah the Chameleon who shopped around for a Federal Party after being bummed from Provincial politics after throwing a hissy fit at his former Provincial boss

what did he say again? ''sell water in bulk''? or ''Margaret Thatcher should be hailed for her wind of economic liberalism across the UK?''

hahahaha

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I kinda felt bad for the NDP supporters because that party had everything working against them in that election.

Basically

uc03HNk.gif

It was totally the underdog party in the past few decades, and regardless of what I agreed or disagreed about their policies, seeing it pummeled to the dirt after finally getting a huge takeaway in the 2011 election was a sad sight to see.

Silexx

It was totally the underdog party in the past few decades, and regardless of what I agreed or disagreed about their policies, seeing it pummeled to the dirt after finally getting a huge takeaway in the 2011 election was a sad sight to see.

Indeed, but let's not forget that they also made some hilariously bad decisions that didn't help their cause one bit.

Tabris

It'll all come down to the economy just like any other government. If Canada is in bad shape in a few years Trudeau will be roasted.

Assuming it's not a crazy recession but the stagnation predicted by some doom and gloom analysts, I think he may be economic-proof actually. Some leaders in Canadian history have been shown to be economic-proof and this Trudeau may end up being one.

Azih

Toronto's mayor is the straightest, whitest, mannest guy in the world. He's as boring as Mitt Romney.

Toronto's previous mayor was also the straightest, whitest, mannest guy in the world but he was more exciting than most Detroit mayors. Truly Toronto is the most diverse city in the world.

Come to think of it the one before that was pretty straightest, whitest, and mannest as well but that one was a bleeding heart. Huh.

Tabris

We love everyone*!

*Except aboriginals

You know Trudeau has met his promise of recognizing reconciliation and has already had meetings and promised to address the items in that report and that's included in the upcoming budget in March.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
You know Trudeau has met his promise of recognizing reconciliation and has already had meetings and promised to address the items in that report and that's included in the upcoming budget in March.

That's Trudeau. The rest of the population generally doesn't give a shit about aboriginal issues.

Sai-kun

Banned
No, he's got a wife with kids.

I know he's straight, but keep in mind that a wife and kids are not necessarily 100% accurate signposts of being straight ;P

That said, fucking awesome! Always cool to see public figures step into stuff like this. Our mayor is a piece of shit but it's still neat that he led the parade.

Tabris

That's Trudeau. The rest of the population generally doesn't give a shit about aboriginal issues.

I don't think that's an intolerance thing but they just can't relate. Most people in the most tolerant areas of Canada, such as Vancouver, Toronto, etc don't experience many First Nations issues. Most of the aboriginal / First Nations issues are in the rural areas of Canada which have less tolerant or ignorant people.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't think that's an intolerance thing but they just can't relate. Most people in the most tolerant areas of Canada, such as Vancouver, Toronto, etc don't experience many First Nations issues. Most of the aboriginal / First Nations issues are in the rural areas of Canada which have less tolerant or ignorant people.

Yeah, but I mean, that's literally the problem. Most people don't care because they are not exposed to the issues the First Nations people face. It's not hateful generally, but it's still just as harmful. I'm glad the libs are actually paving the way for progress there, but they've got a ridiculously long way to go.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wish I lived in Canada, it's like people actually give a shit about each other.

Don't worry, go to any canadian news websites in the comments section about any articles related to Trudeau, refugees, or islam in general, and you'll see plenty of disgusting comments.

HolySheep

Neo Member
I believe the norwegian PM marched in a gaypride parade in bergen last year as well. Though she's just the leader in practice and not formally(the king is the official leader, but holds little power).

Doesnt really matter though, awesome news nontheless:)

Strax

Well Iceland had a gay PM and I think many others have taken part in Gay Pride. Its cool for Canada but lets not crown him the gay king just for this.

(Or anybody for that matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom