• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trudeau Meets Merkel in Berlin, Calls Germany 'True Friend'

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaspora

Me too. However, not sure I will vote him in again. Him dropping electoral reform is a huge slap in the face to me and I have no knowledge on the topic. I understand that Canadians for the most part didn't give a shit but he has no established himself as someone who breaks promises. Great man though, very compassionate and intelligent.

>_>

ItIsOkBro

JS120956613_REUTERS_German-Chancellor-Angela-Merkel-and-Canada27s-Prime-Minister-Justin-Trudeau-durin-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqwMpl-Jpdv5EMZZkofEupHPg6_5O0UtIYaCxu5yBkNIU.jpg

candlelit dinner whew

Ac30

Agree but for one thing: J-Tru is not the public speaker that Obama was when in office. Not even close.

True, but he still has plenty of charisma and let's be honest he's fucking beautiful to look at. He seems compassionate and a decent fellow too, which stands out all the more now that Trump is POTUS... I'm just hoping 2019 isn't Trudeau vs. Leitch, eugh

Hilti92

How can you hate someone for something you don't know about?
I didn't say I hated him, you are mistaken. I really like Trudeau, I voted for him. I just don't think I will again, depending on the opposition. As I said, he made a promise in his election to do electoral reform. He is no longer doing that. He broke a big promise.

Zen Aku

So World War III will consist of America and Russia being on the wrong side vs Canada and Germany and the rest of the free world.

Russia will betray America to save it own butt but will still be taken down. America will play the Stockholm syndrome card and beg for forgiveness with it economic state in complete ruins. Russia will be the new post WW Germany.

silvon

Trump holds lots of power, but there's no way I'd consider him leader of the free world - one needs to be respected to hold that title, which Trump is definitely not.

I also don't think it's a suitable title for Trudeau. Canada's economy and military influence are not significant enough to be a leader. If anything, Merkel is probably more influential than Trudeau.

CazTGG

Even we Canadians seem to pay more attention to the US politics shitshow than our own.

When our scandals are "PM hangs out with friend for Christmas" and "PM accidentally elbows someone", I think we can call them a 3/10 at best.

That and I don't think anyone needs to be reminded of the hellish fire that is the CPC leadership campaign.

Boylamite

Me too. However, not sure I will vote him in again. Him dropping electoral reform is a huge slap in the face to me and I have no knowledge on the topic. I understand that Canadians for the most part didn't give a shit but he has no established himself as someone who breaks promises. Great man though, very compassionate and intelligent.
Just remember what is at stake next election. It's going to be a very important one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom