• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s company had more contact with Russia during campaign, according to documents

WAPO

Surprise. Surprise

Associates of President Trump and his company have turned over documents to federal investigators that reveal two previously unreported contacts from Russia during the 2016 campaign, according to people familiar with the matter.

In one case, Trump’s personal attorney and a business associate exchanged emails weeks before the Republican National Convention about traveling to an economic conference in Russia that would be attended by top Russian financial and government leaders, including President Vladi­mir Putin, according to people familiar with the correspondence.

In the other case, the same Trump attorney, Michael Cohen, received a proposal in late 2015 for a Moscow residential project from a company founded by a billionaire who once served in the Russian Senate, these people said. The previously unreported inquiry marks the second proposal for a Trump-branded Moscow project that was delivered to the company during the presidential campaign and has since come to light.

“It wasn’t collusion, it was an exchange of ideas and recipes. “You don’t win friends with salad,”as the saying goes .”

Still relevant:

suSlETF.jpg

further confirming things from the steele dossier
RUSSIA/US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: FURTHER DETAILS OF TRUMP LAWYER COHEN'S SECRET LIAISON WITH THE KREMLIN

Summary

— Kremlin insider reports TRUMP lawyer COHEN's secret meeting/s with Kremlin officials in August 2016 was/were held in Prague

— Russian parastatal organisation Rossotrudnichestvo used as cover for this liaison and premises in Czech capital may have been used for the meeting/s

— Pro-PUTIN leading Duma figure, KOSACHEV, reportedly involved as "plausibly deniable" facilitator and may have participated in the August meeting/s with COHEN

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The fuck is this?

It's not like reporters are able to predict a mass shooting before they submit a story to their editors!

I think he was assuming that Trump's team had dumped it today to get it out in a noisy environment. Which is only untrue because they're not that smart.

I suspect this was actually the thing that folks expected on Friday.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Kremlin insider reports TRUMP lawyer COHEN's secret meeting/s with Kremlin officials in August 2016 was/were held in Prague

Yep, which means he directly lied about being there (remember the claim was that lots of people have that name and that he definitely wasn't in Prague that day). Which also means he's hiding something. Which also means they can't lean back on their usual "We was just doing the same kind of things everyone does!"

kirblar

I think he was assuming that Trump's team had dumped it today to get it out in a noisy environment. Which is only untrue because they're not that smart.

It's not. This is it (and needs its own thread: https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ht-approval-from-putin-ally-deripaska/541677/ )

The issue is that it's really difficult to summarize outside of "Manafort had a bunch of shady contacts ongoing during the campaign."

androvsky

Yep, which means he directly lied about being there (remember the claim was that lots of people have that name and that he definitely wasn't in Prague that day). Which also means he's hiding something. Which also means they can't lean back on their usual "We was just doing the same kind of things everyone does!"

I tried mentioning it in the poligaf thread, but Cohn declined the invitation, and that conference appears to have been in June, in St. Petersburg. I'm definitely missing the connection.

This is important because it's the one key claim in the Steele Dossier that is generally considered inaccurate/unreliable/RUMINT. Czech media tried to confirm Cohen's flight in the timeframe mentioned but couldn't find a paper trail, he apparently had an alibi for it and there was confusion whether the Cohen in the dossier is the Cohen on Trump's payroll.

Now that we have this correspondence coming out, it's time to re-assess that part - maybe Steele's intel was correct at the time of collection but the meeting was cancelled or rescheduled.

In any event, it's no longer the blow to the dossier's credibility that it was up until now.

You mean the guy who just showed the front of his passport when pressed on whether he went to Prague at that time was lying?!

Servbot24

Banned

They may not have done it this time but they are certainly smart enough to use that tactic, and in fact already have in the past.

McLovin

Isnt that Trumps MO though? Anytime hes in trouble he starts dropping bombs left and right. Everything ends up forgotten when all the dust settles. Its like the US collectively has a small attention span and he knows it. Just look at this thread, more Russian scandles but this thread hasn’t gone passed the first page.

Isnt that Trumps MO though? Anytime hes in trouble he starts dropping bombs left and right. Everything ends up forgotten when all the dust settles. Its like the US collectively has a small attention span and he knows it. Just look at this thread, more Russian scandles but this thread hasn’t gone passed the first page.
Well alot is going on today unfortunately.

Bleepey

Bingo.

Rahm Emmanuel said:
You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.

Though taken out of context in the Rahm quote
http://www.factcheck.org/2011/01/bum-rap-for-rahm/

I could have sworn Bill Clinton said something similar.

Top Bottom