• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Approval Hits New Low Of 32% As Support From His Base Slips — IBD/TIPP Poll

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Has Pence even done anything worthy of criticism since he became VP?

Very likely he lied about his knowledge regarding the Flynn debacle and other associated Russia-related issues where he was a fixture in the scapegoat responses. (I mean unless Pence literally was such a lame-duck he knew absolutely nothing going on. Either way looks bad for him)

He got caught using a private email server that was hacked in his home state of Indiana a few months back. (Like this was kind of unbelievable and drowned out over more stupid hypocritical stuff)

He has a thing against dining with women outside of his wife. Too much sexual tension or something.

Beyond that, he has shown zero willingness to push back on any of these horrendous GOP policies, which isn't unique, but proves the guy is literally nothing but a tool. Not that it is unexpected, but still worthy of as much criticism as any of the others.

Red

Very likely he lied about his knowledge regarding the Flynn debacle and other associated Russia-related issues where he was a fixture in the scapegoat responses. (I mean unless Pence literally was such a lame-duck he knew absolutely nothing going on. Either way looks bad for him)

He got caught using a private email server that was hacked in his home state of Indiana a few months back. (Like this was kind of unbelievable and drowned out over ore stupid hypocritical stuff)

He has a thing against dining with women outside of his wife. Too much sexual tension or something.

Beyond that, he has shown zero willingness to push back on any of these horrendous GOP policies, which isn't unique, but proves the guy is literally nothing but a tool. Not that it is unexpected, but still worthy of as much criticism as any of the others.
Why would Pence push back on any of the major GOP policy initiatives?

I think "base slipping's" the bigger thing here. I thought they'd be like immovable bedrock until he's impeached.

He's not accomplishing their white nationalist goals nor is he stripping healthcare from the poor. Of course his base would eventually erode.

IMO this further proves "economic anxiety" was always a scapegoat. Racial animus was what drove his base

He's not accomplishing their white nationalist goals nor is he stripping healthcare from the poor. Of course his base would eventually erode.

IMO this further proves "economic anxiety" was always a scapegoat. Racial animus was what drove his base

For all the post election concern about the white working class, he hasn't done a thing about dying industries besides show up at factory deals that were already in planning before he entered office.

For all the post election concern about the white working class, he doesn't done a thing about dying industries besides show up at factory deals that were already in planning before he entered office.

That is true. Some of his base will be upset their manufacturing jobs aren't coming back. If fell like that's a more insignificant group than the ones I listed, but maybe I'm wrong

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

Good point

32%? holy fuck thats impressive for 8 months. Took Bush 8 years, a war and an economic crash crash to get to 25%. I didn't think he'd be this low till October.

waiting for the other polls to go up so he can tweet about his 50% rating.

he's still at it talking about Blumenthal

DCDLBsR.png

The salt is gonna be good.

Also watch more republicans start speaking out as it becomes clear this train wreck won’t magically re-rail

That is true. Some of his base will be upset their manufacturing jobs aren't coming back. If fell like that's a more insignificant group than the ones I listed, but maybe I'm wrong

It definitely feels like that group was propped up as a way to deflect backlash toward his voters. A lot of the same "racism had nothing to do with it!" that we heard after Brexit.

What's important here is that the "Trump million jobs", fake ass narrative didn't catch on. Everyone knows it's all still the economy riding on what Obama set up and has nothing to do with Trump and that non of those jobs are the ones his base want.

Raven117

I think "base slipping's" the bigger thing here. I thought they'd be like immovable bedrock until he's impeached.

This. This is the takeaway.

Quite frankly, we have been shown that general polling doesnt quite capture the picture with Trump.

Whats the most important is that "core" group moving. Things take time. Alot of these people have to come to grips that they voted for a fool and its hard to admit you made a mistake.

So, slow and steady...with Mueller stalking from behind ...

ZeoVGM

Banned
Sounds like he's readying them for war. I think he knows he's going down. So why is the RNC hitching themselves to him by making that Trump sycophant Kayleigh whatsherface?

There's an answer for this but it's a bit complicated so you might want to favorite this post and then come back to it when you have some time to take it all in.

Okay, here we go:

They're idiots.

Bedlam

DCDLBsR.png
Geez, he really sounds like a high-schooler who got caught, knows he is guilty as fuck and can't think of any defense other than dishing out senseless insults left and right.

I know it's nothing new for most of us but I think his schtick is becoming so old, repetitive and transparent that even some of his dumb followers must start to smell the constant projection and lies.

doesnt he use rasmussen?

Monday, August 07, 2017

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 41% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-seven percent (57%) disapprove.

The latest figures for Trump include 25% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 48% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -23. (see trends).

oh.

DrBo42

Does he have what it takes to buck the system and the group collective? Only then can he reach the next level. This, is the approval rating war.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
waiting for the other polls to go up so he can tweet about his 50% rating.

DCDLBsR.png

It looks like the underlying source is this:
- Blumenthal served in the Marine Corps reserve during Vietnam and was never deployed
- Later, when talking to Veterans, he did the political thing where he embellished his service and claimed to have served "in Vietnam" or otherwise left people the impression his service was something more than it was
- The allegations date back a decade
- Trump didn't serve at all and dodged the draft with a deferment for bogus bone spurs
- Also who could blame him because Vietnam was a total fucking mistake and the draft was monstrous so why the hell is this even a thing in 2017

Joeytj

Banned
Trump probably has the worst approval ratings for any president with an unemployment rate in the low 4% range.

And the unemployment rate isn't going to go down much further for the rest of his presidency, so he's not going to find much solace there at least.

Locke562

What politician calls their base "the base" let alone Trump calling his base "The Trump base." Jesus fucking Christ.

shiba5

There's an answer for this but it's a bit complicated so you might want to favorite this post and then come back to it when you have some time to take it all in.

Okay, here we go:

They're idiots.

They really really are.

It'll probably improve now that he's laying low and working hard in his golf course

He's working hard crashing weddings in between golfing.

Lo-Volt

Disgusting that it is still that high.

But also shocking that his approval figures are collapsing this quickly compared to presidents in the mass media age. Trump started bleeding even in the base the moment he was inaugurated, and now recent polls are showing the Republican Party selectorate cracking.

Futureman

This is pure frightening. Hopefully he gets the boot sooner rather than later.

G6294HR.jpg

I told my GF's dad about this topic and he said he just read guys approval rating among his base (or maybe Republicans in general?) went up from 82% to 88% from June to July. Not sure where he read it though.

I hate him so much.

It kills me that he doesn't care how fucking irresponsible it is for the President to say this stuff. Destroying American democracy for better poll numbers.

Well, I mean...

Destroying American democracy for the uncertainty required to delude himself into believing he's getting better poll numbers, anyway.

CazTGG

So if it looks like pence is going down, what the likely hood of trump dumping him and putting someone even more disgusting in place. Just as a last fuck you.

Can the President change vps in the middle of a term?

To my knowledge, no. They can run a different VP during a second (or, in FDR's case, fourth) term for election but only Congress can remove a VP by way of impeachment. That or resignation.

Fun fact: That's how Newt Gingrich imagined he'd become president...kind of; he thought that by impeaching Bill Clinton and Al Gore assuming the presidency, he could impeach Gore if he pardoned Clinton and thus he, as Speaker, would become president.

Maridia

Ironically, I think we're getting to the point where going much lower will require actual accomplishments. Merely being belligerently ill-intentioned can only net you so much disapproval.

Things are bad l, but remember you only hear about these polls if they're they're newsworthy, so the ones you hear about usually underestimate trump's approval. 538's aggregate has it at 36%.

This can only be good news, Republicans need to want Trump out for him to go away before 2019 (at best).

I know Pence would be really bad, but it's bad on a linear scale rather than a logarithmic one

Top Bottom