• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
AG Sessions reccomendation:
C_ao2zBW0AEQ618.jpg

C_ao2zLXkAQTb2y.jpg

So the pretext is that HE TURNED THE ELECTION FOR TRUMP AND SO CANNOT GO ON SERVING

Hilariously twisted.

gabbo

So aside from looking guilty, what actual implications does this actually have? It's not like Sessions is going to push to keep the investigation going

So Trump could have fired him the entire time? WTF?

I guess they were just waiting to see how much information he was holding before it was time to let him go.

Ernest

Banned
Wonder who's gonna take the job.

There is a strong pro-Trump contingent within the FBI, but after this, who knows?

TS-08

Trump is claiming he fired Comey for getting Trump elected.

Yeah it looks to me they are trying to frame this in a way that will appeal to Trump and Hillary voters. But none of this makes sense because he could have been fired months ago for this.

Trump supporters won't give a crap.
Yep.

At this point, I'm convinced Trump could literally come on TV and say "yeah, I stole the election and I did so with Russia's help," and Trump supporters would defend him saying he did it for America to protect us from the criminals, and terrorists.

jL4h19E.png
Call Russian connection fake news in tweets

J9lUf7U.png
Change your Twitter banner to be a quote from your Russia tweets

0Xc3CqN.png
Fire the head of the FBI during Russia investigations, using the AG who recused himself from said investigation

uIsT5Xy.png
Say it was because he was too mean to Hillary

rpg_fan

You're literally just saying shit. He just fired Comey and now you think NOTHING will happen?

That's exactly what's going to happen, so.... yeah? A lot of noise, but the same party controls all branches, and there is no out with the courts on this one.

Are those letters real? It makes him look (if possible) even more guilty.

This is unbelievable. If you dont march on Washington for this, you deserve whatever Trump does.

These assholes are seriously saying they fired Comey because of his actions during the election, which made Hillary look bad?

Jesus fookin' Christ...
YUP

AG memorandum: "We do not hold press conferences to release derogatory information about the subject of a declined criminal investigation. Derogatory information is disclosed in the course of criminal investigation s and prosecutions, but we never release it gratuitously."

YOU FUCKS

This really reeks of desperation and it's going to backfire. If it's anything like with what happened to Nixon, it's going to come back and bite him in the ass HARD.

Lunar15

Sessions reccomended his termination due to the way he handled the investigation into Hillary's emails?

And they do it now??????

J-Rzez

Well after how things were handled during the election, how the FBI staff was broken down into cliqs, and the stuff going on now this shouldn't come as a surprise. Poor mismanagement and leadership. It was inevitable.

infi

Wow this seemed to come out of nowhere.

So who do we think will replace him? I can't see the Reps in the senate standing up to Trump so they'll probably go along with whoever he wants.

If its someone like Giuliani who was part of the Trump campaign what would happen to the investigation? would both the AG and FBI director recuse themselves from one of the biggest FBI investigations at the moment?

Guy.brush

I also have the feeling the streets is where this will be fought and won.
The pillars are crumbling on the hill.
Dangerous times for the US, the danger to stumble over the rubble and slip into Erdoganistan is very real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom