• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkaz01

They're not saying because "Hillary was innocent, why did he say those things"

They're saying "Comey should've never said that he thought she was innocent. It's not his job to do so"

They're firing him because Hillary Clinton isn't in jail.

Lunatics.
That's how I read it as well, I don't know where the "unfair to Hilary" positions are coming from based on this letter. Seemed to me like they were upset he closed the investigation rather than submitting it over to prosecutors as he promised his base he would do. Madness.

Meowster

This is so disingenuous. If he really thought that he was being unfair to Hillary (which he was - no lie) and the electoral process, he would have gotten the boot in the first month or two. So much smoke going on right now but so many people refuse to acknowledge the fire.

Kraftwerk

jL4h19E.png
Call Russian connection fake news in tweets

J9lUf7U.png
Change your Twitter banner to be a quote from your Russia tweets

0Xc3CqN.png
Fire the head of the FBI during Russia investigations, using the AG who recused himself from said investigation

uIsT5Xy.png
Say it was because he was too mean to Hillary

hahahahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa

WedgeX

Banned
Wasn't Comey given an award by people affiliated with Trump after he announced he was "re-investigating" the emails a week or so prior to the election. Which has been shown had a impact on the election.

So fucking hilarious that in Trump's camp almost anyone is disposable. Even the guy who gave him a hand in winning the election.

Indeed!

Politico 10/30/2016 said:
Donald Trump offered high praise for FBI Director James Comey on Monday, saying "it took a lot of guts" for him to decide the agency should review new evidence regarding Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server at the State Department.

”In all fairness, I think right now she has bigger problems than Obamacare," Trump told supporters in Grand Rapids, Michigan. ”They may finally have gotten wise to the Clintons. Perhaps they've finally gotten wise."

And I have to give the FBI credit. That was so bad what happened originally," Trump said, referring to Comey's announcement in July to not recommend charges against Clinton to the Justice Department. ”And it took guts for Director Comey to make the move that he made in light of the kind of opposition he had where they're trying to protect her from criminal prosecution. You know that. It took a lot of guts."

Trump, who was highly critical of Comey, the FBI and DOJ after his summer announcement, said Monday he ”really disagreed with him" at the time.

”I was not his fan," he added, ”but I'll tell you what: What he did, he brought back his reputation. He brought it back."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-praises-james-comey-230542

The lying is just so blatant!

Boke1879

Doubt Comey loyalists in the FBI let this slide.

This is the story of the week. Expect leaks about why this happened all week.

Fuchs

This is absolutely terrifying. This shit makes him so god damn suspicious. Still, nothing good is going to come out of this. Enjoy the next ~8 years guys.

I'm guessing that means the FBI found something then. I hope that info manages to come to light.
Trump just being able to fire the director of the FBI because he feels like it is scary.

What an utter shit show.

It's sad that there isn't any organization or person that can save our country from imploding in on itself.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
hahahahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa hahahahahaahahahahahahahhaaa

but it's definitely the opposite.

The reading comprehension in this thread is killing me! haha

Can someone read those again and tell me I'm wrong??

That's how I read it as well, I don't know where the "unfair to Hilary" positions are coming from based on this letter. Seemed to me like they were upset he closed the investigation rather than submitting it over to prosecutors as he promised his base he would do. Madness.

I really don't see how this thread is going the way it is rn tbh haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom