• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump lawyer labeled Manafort raid 'gross abuse': report

Zolo

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/346047-trump-lawyer-manafort-raid-was-gross-abuse
President Trump's chief counsel reportedly accused the special counsel's office of committing a "gross abuse of the judicial process" with the FBI raid of Paul Manafort's home.

Fox News reported that John Dowd said in an email to a Wall Street Journal reporter that such tactics were more commonly "employed in Russia not America" and called the search an "extraordinary invasion of privacy." The network said it obtained a copy of the email.

Manafort, who served as President Trump's campaign manager, had already said he would cooperate with congressional committees investigating Russia's role in the 2016 election, Dowd wrote, according to Fox News, and never received a request from the special counsel's office to provide materials.

"It appears the Search Warrant here was obtained by a gross abuse of the judicial process by the Special Counsel's office," he wrote, according to Fox News.

"In addition, given the obvious unlawful deficiencies, this extraordinary invasive tool was employed for its shock value to try to intimidate Mr. Manafort and bring him to his needs. These methods are normally found and employed in Russia not America."
In his email, Dowd said that among the documents obtained by FBI agents were "privileged and confidential materials prepared for Mr. Manafort by his counsel to aid him in his cooperation with the Congressional committees," according to Fox News.

"These failures by Special Counsel to exhaust less intrusive methods is a fatal flaw in the warrant process and would call for a Motion to Suppress the fruits of the search," he wrote.

IMoER5i.jpg

It's afraid.

KHarvey16

In his email, Dowd said that among the documents obtained by FBI agents were "privileged and confidential materials prepared for Mr. Manafort by his counsel to aid him in his cooperation with the Congressional committees," according to Fox News.

Direct quote: "Ruh roh"

Armaros

How terrible are these lawyers that they are projecting "YOUR THE REAL RUSSIA SCANDAL" in a response to this Russia investigation?

Where the hell does he find these lawyers?

Lowmelody

"These failures by Special Counsel to exhaust less intrusive methods is a fatal flaw in the warrant process and would call for a Motion to Suppress the fruits of the search," he wrote.]

As transparent as a bottle of snowflake tears.

Mudcrab

How terrible are these lawyers that they are projecting "YOUR THE REAL RUSSIA SCANDAL" in a response to this Russia investigation?

Where the hell does he find these lawyers?

Lets be real, it'd be really hard to find any lawyers who could be on the same level as the team Mueller is assembling.

Burying the lead a little bit, motion to suppress? What are you going to suppress if you didn't find anything?
In other words, fbi definitely got something here with this search.

Wait, is he asking for a motion to suppress or just saying that it would be if they did? I mean he's wrong if it's the latter anyway but still wondering.

TRIGGERED

It wouldn't be a Trump legal team brief without a horrible gramatic or spelling error. The best lawyers!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
"In addition, given the obvious unlawful deficiencies, this extraordinary invasive tool was employed for its shock value to try to intimidate Mr. Manafort and bring him to his needs. These methods are normally found and employed in Russia not America.

Was that misspelling in the original e-mail?

Knees

Needs

giphy.gif

You know what's gross?

Selling out your own country because your a greedy fuck.

Fuck mana fart I hope he gets tried as a traitor and rots in jail.

I would like to wait for Mueller's investigation to conclude and for him to lay out everything but they are doing whatever they can to make people believe everything they are being accused of is 100% true

Maledict

Given that the sanctions that Manafot was lobbying to remove came about because the Russian police arrested a lawyer without cause and then tortured him for over a year before finally beating him to death in a prison whilst he lay sick from a deliberate lack of medical care just makes this entire comparison doubly disgusting.

I mean, these people really are *evil*. Straight up, no defenses, evil. Willing to do and say anything to earn a buck.

Fox News reported that John Dowd said in an email to a Wall Street Journal reporter that such tactics were more commonly "employed in Russia not America" and called the search an "extraordinary invasion of privacy." The network said it obtained a copy of the email.

This is absolute bullshit. FBI raids have be going on in the US for decades for alleged crimes far less than what Manafort is suspected to be involved in.

These methods are normally found and employed in Russia not America.

Following the usual pattern, Trump's people accusing someone of something will inevitably lead to the discovery that Trump's people are projecting their behavior onto someone else.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Trump's lawyer seems to be targeting his messaging to Trump's dwindling base. It's baffling.

Top Bottom