• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump lawyer labeled Manafort raid 'gross abuse': report

SomTervo

Fox News reported that John Dowd said in an email to a Wall Street Journal reporter that such tactics were more commonly "employed in Russia not America"

What?

In Russia he'd be disappeared. Or outright killed.

What?

kevin1025

Banned
Yes, this was my first question as well. Why is Trump's lawyer having such a strong reaction about how the FBI deals with an investigation of Paul Manafort?

Trump's lawyers seem to have a love of publicity. One of his other lawyers was getting as much face time as humanly possible on all the networks during the Don Jr. meeting story, you couldn't go a day without seeing him talking about someone that isn't his client. And most of what he'd say is, "well, he's not my client so I can't comment."

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah, Team Trump is shook right now

Funny how they weren't "shook" until two weeks after they found out about this "gross abuse" and it was suddenly on TV.

And agreeing with other posters.

Why would TRUMP'S lawyer be shook about a "good man" being investigated. Especially if, as the Trump team says, Manafort had nothing to do with any nefarious activity. That investigation should, if anything, help clear trump's name, right?

TS-08

There's a Talking Points Memo article that adds some intrigue into how Fox News even got this email. I'm not going to link to it because I'm on my phone and don't want to mess with it, but here's a quote:

"Fox News reported that Trump attorney John Dowd made the statement in an email “to a Wall Street Journal reporter who wrote about the Manafort raid.” But two Journal reporters who wrote about the raid told TPM they hadn’t received such an email from Dowd."

TPM also reached out to the attorney himself, who said he was "tired out" and basically gave a no comment. Kind of an odd situation.

cakely

IMoER5i.jpg

It's afraid.

So good.

Top Bottom