• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump offers to 'destroy career' of a Texas state senator opposed to asset forfeiture

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point how can we even react to this fucking idiot anymore? He is normalizing lunacy and it's really not looking too good for the US.

NeededSleep

I usually support law enforcment but Asset forfeiture is fucking filthy as shit. I would applaud any sentator who stood up against it.

SerTapTap

it wasnt a tweet. this came out of his mouth

Not that his tweets are any less impactful. People need to bury this moronic "it's just a tweet it's not real" shit. All the evil shit he tweeted pre-election was the same as what he said in person and what he's doing now.

sangreal

Not that his tweets are any less impactful. People need to bury this moronic "it's just a tweet it's not real" shit. All the evil shit he tweeted pre-election was the same as what he said in person and what he's doing now.

Oh, I agree

I'm very tired of people trying to sweep his statements under the rug as if it isn't important what our President says or does. Apparently outrage fatigue is a real thing and he has managed to spam some people into complacency

Nice to see a local news source going "fake news"

As he went around the room seeking input from the sheriffs, Trump asserted that the country's murder rate is the highest it's been in 45 to 47 years — a debunked claim based on faulty math. Nationally, the annual murder rate jumped from 2014 to 2015 by the highest percentage since 1971, but the number of murders annually peaked in the early 1990s, and the per capita murder rate peaked in 1980.

Even cited its "fake news" source:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-highest-in-45-years/?utm_term=.44a85681ee48

Which in turn cites the fucking FBI for it's data:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015

https://www.ucrdatatool.gov/Search/Crime/State/RunCrimeTrendsInOneVar.cfm

But in spite how easy they made it to look at the information, I'm sure a single facebook post or tweet would flush all these facts into the drained swamp.

Also the 1990s were violent.

Hale-XF11

Because the poor aren't poor enough and the rich aren't rich enough.

That's America.

We value money over people.

samn

So he said what any politician says behind closed doors, but out in the open

This is actually a common thing with Trump - he discusses what sound like internal talking points, publicly, when it can't possibly help him at all to talk about it. there was someone on Twitter talking about it and what it shows about his mental state

I don't believe most politicians or even most business leaders would say this. Most smart people know not to burn bridges. If you really want to fuck someone over that you may end up working with some day, keep it to yourself. Trump didn't even know this guy's name and he's threatening him. He's out of control.

I'm more annoyed by the sheriff's whining that someone wants to make it harder for police to effectively steal people's property than I am about Trump and his wanna be mob boss bullshit.

I try not to be too optimistic.

But if he keeps escalating at the insane rate that he has since 1/20, it's hard not to see impeachment as the inevitable outcome.

I refuse to believe the repubicans will start the process and there won't be enough democrats from the next election to finish the process.

All the impeachment talk just feels like people trying to cope.

KDR_11k

Trump is in favor of Civil Forfeiture? Wow, that's a thing that's seeing bipartisan opposition by now. I guess he really is the worst human.

I'm more annoyed by the sheriff's whining that someone wants to make it harder for police to effectively steal people's property than I am about Trump and his wanna be mob boss bullshit.
The sheriff definitely displays an attitude of being part of the problem. He doesn't want to ruin the senator's career (or be directly tied to it even if he does) but he's making excuses for Trump because he's hoping Trump supports them. People are going to find out the hard way that Trump only supports himself.

sangreal

Trump is in favor of Civil Forfeiture? Wow, that's a thing that's seeing bipartisan opposition by now. I guess he really is the worst human.

he probably doesn't know what it is, tbh

I say this knowing full well that the guy says the state senator "introduced legislation requiring conviction before we can receive that forfeiture money". Watching the video you can tell it is going right over Trump's head

lord knows he would throw a hissy fit if his shit was taken without a conviction

Remmy2112

As a resident of Dallas County, which is neighbors to Rockwall County, I can safely say "fuck you" not only to Trump but also to the Rockwall sheriff. The city of Rockwall is a higher income location with awful cops and a tendency towards massively, massively overcharging people on fines, mainly screwing with what low to middle income people are there. And you are absolutely fucked if you are arrested and have to be bailed out as you will be paying two, five, or even ten times the amount you would just across the lake in Dallas County.

This guy, with his "tough on crime" bullshit, squeezing every one for every last cent if they get into legal trouble becoming the president of a national sheriff's association is a very bleak thing.

Trump: "I want to hear his name. We'll destroy his career"

Flunkies: *hesitant fake laughter*

Trump, after a few seconds pass: *Huh I wasn't joking, but if they're laughing I better smile like I was*

I watched it several times and I didn't detect a smile.

Perhaps that was because the last time I saw him crack a joke it was standing in front of some harley davidson fat boys that he totally could not ride and he said something like "I bet you guys want to see me fall off one of these", through a huge smile.

So yeah, by comparison to that, he was ice cold here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom