• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picking staunch opponents of net neutrality to oversee FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://fortune.com/2016/11/21/trump-net-neutrality-fcc/

President-elect Donald Trump formally named two staunch opponents of net neutrality to oversee his policies for the agency that created the rules to prevent discrimination against Internet sites and online services.

Jeff Eisenach, an economist who has been on Verizon’s payroll, and Mark Jamison, who formerly worked on Sprint’s lobbying team and now heads the University of Florida’s Public Utility Research Center, on Monday were named to Trump’s “agency landing team” for the Federal Communications Commission.

Both have written against the imposition of net neutrality rules, which prohibit Internet service providers like Comcast CMCSA -0.16% and Verizon VERIZON 0.00% from discriminating against any online content or services. Jamison also strongly opposed an effort by FCC chairman Tom Wheeler to crack the cable industry’s set top box monopoly.

Eisenach, who worked at the Federal Trade Commission during the Reagan administration, has been a leading voice in Washington against net neutrality. He is co-chairman of the communications, media, and Internet practice at the consulting firm National Economic Research Associates. In one piece, he called net neutrality rules “crony capitalism” that would “prove highly damaging.”

Not that this will surprise anyone, but Trump, the man who once promised to "drain the swamp", has picked a Sprint lobbyist and an economist who consulted for Verizon to lead the “agency landing team” that will choose FCC staff members. I hope everyone who voted for Trump enjoys paying additional fees for using Netflix and Youtube.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I like how he can be far more of a corrupt liar than anyone and yet somehow gets a free pass for all of it.

Yayyy

It's gonna take way more than a couple terms of a Democrat president after Trump to clean this mess up.

We'll be dealing with the ramifications of the Trump administration for the rest of our lives.

Zach

Faaaaantastic.

get

Korigama

I like how he can be far more of a corrupt liar than anyone and yet somehow gets a free pass for all of it.

Yayyy
B-b-but e-mails, etc.

More of a challenge to picture what that gasbag won't run into the ground in the next four years...

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This just keeps getting fucking worse n worse.

Its going to be so many things to protest against there wont be enough ppl to protest against it all.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Draining the swamp, huh?

Clearly the swamp was too nice and clean for them, gotta drain it to fill it with pus, puke and the blood of their victims to make it nice and cozy.
Hackers win!

I believe the proper term for this is 'cyber'

This just keeps getting fucking worse n worse.

Its going to be so many things to protest against there wont be enough ppl to protest against it all.

Watch them have you pay more to access sites that aren't hosted in the US. And Netflix Tax!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The best part is how his voters still pretend everything's great, lies by the media, or just lie to themselves that eventually everything's just gonna turn out to be great somehow. It's insane.

Your country fucked itself so hard and people are applauding it. And the rest of the world might just follow all this idiocy, and I can't do shit about it.

I really have to stop reading these Trump threads damnit. It's getting depressing.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Wonder if the alt-right reddit kiddies will lash out against thi---hahahahahahah

I'm honestly curious to see how they will rationalize this. The mental gymnastics at display will be deserving of olympic medals

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It literally never gets better.

But, thinking about it, considering how it helped him get elected, maybe it is time to burn down the internet.

Krakn3Dfx

Looking forward to visiting the Donald Trump Museum in Hill Valley

Cx0NwaTVQAQzovS.jpg

Nothing is safe from Trump, he will fuck up everything...

It's weird that we saw his business track record his entire life and thought "You know what, this guy will make America great again!"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can't wait to see the battles between Youtube/Netflix and ISPs over this.

Breads

Banned
Welp.

I am now going to have to base my next ISP on who has the better steam/psn/xbl connections.

Good fucking job putting a politically inexperienced businessman in the white house. The fuck you think was going to happen. He doesn't give a shit who's support he loses. All he wants is to change laws around to benefit the elite. Enjoy your economic disparity. You earned it.

Peltz

This is horrifying. Net neutrality is one of the most important issues that effects the way we consume information in the modern world.

Snagret

I'm honestly curious to see how they will rationalize this. The mental gymnastics at display will be deserving of olympic medals
At a certain point they'll just have to come to grips with the fact that they just masochistically enjoy the punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom