• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Picks Admitted Tax Evader for Office of Management and Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

Because paying taxes when you employ workers is hard, right?

Won't someone think of the job creators?

Rep. Mick Mulvaney, President-elect Donald Trump’s pick to lead the Office of Management and Budget, disclosed in congressional documents that he did not pay more than $15,000 in taxes for a household employee.

Eight years ago, former Sen. Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) withdrew from consideration as secretary for Health and Human Services in the Obama administration after it was revealed he failed to pay $128,000 in taxes for a personal car and driver, among other fees and contributions. Democrats made clear that they will demand the same treatment for Mulvaney, who is scheduled to face the Budget Committee for his confirmation hearing on Jan. 24.

Source:
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/mick-mulvaney-no-taxes-household-staff-233776

Double tax me if old.

Ishan

Although to this case as long as it was a mistake and he made it,up with interest it's fine by me . Haven't read the full article not clear from,quoted parts in ops defense.

Edit okay one this guy is management and budget k that's a bit wonky then ...

Auctopus

These picks are getting so stupid, it's actually getting boring.

Form of normalisation.

It's why I hate Leftist newspapers in the UK (namely The Independent) posting day and night about every small bad thing Trump does (even digging up dirt in his past). I hate the guy but if you flood people's feeds with it, they will get bored and it will lessen the impact of when he does something immediately terrible/destructive.

SoulUnison

Banned
People make mistakes. It is fine if no Democrats vote for him. Won't matter at all.

What even is this post?

I can't even get a job as a 9 to 5 bank teller if there's a blemish on my credit score, but a tax evader up for the head of Management and Budget is a "people make mistakes" type thing to you?

Bleepey

Form of normalisation.

It's why I hate Leftist newspapers in the UK (namely The Independent) posting day and night about every small bad thing Trump does (even digging up dirt in his past). I hate the guy but if you flood people's feeds with it, they will get bored and it will lessen the impact of when he does something immediately terrible/destructive.

What do you propose? They ignore shit?

I can't take it anymore
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom