• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Ugh, my dad brings up WW2 and “these knuckleheads weren’t facing Japanese and Nazi machineguns” to dismiss and criticize the players kneeling as disrespectful and stupid

Like...what? What the fuck does that have to do with this, today, now?

You should tell your dad that the ideology the soldiers of WW2 were fighting, has come to the US and poisoned the minds of many, including the president. So yeah, you won the battle but in the process you got poisoned and it is coming to effect now

This was probably pointed out, but a big element of this could be the city of Pittsburgh and its "demographics". Hopefully I'm just being cynical.

Hey, hey, hey, hold your horses there, buster. As a Pittsburgh native let me correct you: it's not the city's demographics. It's the ignorant bumpkins that live in the rural areas outside of the city, that only come into the city to trash it whenever there's a country concert or sporting event. Don't lump me in with those people.

That said, many of those ignorant bumpkins are Steelers fans, so you unfortunately may not be wrong.

NYR

Aint no way tom brady is speaking up about this in what is most likely his final year in the league. He want to leave a superman, he will tow the line.
Brady threw 447 yards and 3 TDs literally 7 days ago. He isn’t retiring after this season.

BradC00

Friday:

She ended up bring super cranky that night. Even so we ended up having a good time. We went and had ikea for dinner. Then we went to karaoke and that was super fun. We sang a bunch of Gaga and Beatles. Then we went home and watched school of rock.

Saturday:
We woke up. Had adult fun time. Took a shower. We then went, picked up her neice ( who adores me because I let her play pokemon go). We then went to a good festival out in irvine. That got ruined pretty quick. A dog tried to bite the neice. Didn't make contact but it scared her, which was amplified by the fact she is autistic. Fucking dog. It was some shitty little chihauhau.

After that we went to a tour of Chocxo. That was cool. The chocolate was good too.

Then we went and checked out Halloween stuff at Rogers Garden. Neither of us particularly like Halloween, but we still had fun.

Then we went, worked out a little at her place, then went and had dinner at tender greens.

Then we went and cuddled in my car for a few hours. Then we started started falling asleep. She took me up to her apartment and took a nap

huh

Friday:

She ended up bring super cranky that night. Even so we ended up having a good time. We went and had ikea for dinner. Then we went to karaoke and that was super fun. We sang a bunch of Gaga and Beatles. Then we went home and watched school of rock.

Saturday:
We woke up. Had adult fun time. Took a shower. We then went, picked up her neice ( who adores me because I let her play pokemon go). We then went to a good festival out in irvine. That got ruined pretty quick. A dog tried to bite the neice. Didn't make contact but it scared her, which was amplified by the fact she is autistic. Fucking dog. It was some shitty little chihauhau.

After that we went to a tour of Chocxo. That was cool. The chocolate was good too.

Then we went and checked out Halloween stuff at Rogers Garden. Neither of us particularly like Halloween, but we still had fun.

Then we went, worked out a little at her place, then went and had dinner at tender greens.

Then we went and cuddled in my car for a few hours. Then we started started falling asleep. She took me up to her apartment and took a nap
mmhm

Friday:

Saturday:

Quoting this for the posterity.

FStubbs

It’s so damn hypocritical that they say this when conservatives and republicans were saying Obama wasn't their president for 8 years

You think they're hypocrites, but Roger Taney summed up the conservative racial mindset back in 1857.

"[Blacks] had no rights which the white man was bound to respect."

nicolajNN

When one side is arguing about "sticking to sports", how is "not playing politics" not still taking a stance? Tomlin is making no sense.

Zach

Maybe I just didn't know enough about Mike Tomlin, but I certainly didn't take him as a coward. Until today. Oh well.

Thaedolus

Mark Davis makes a comment

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40002778-4

"Can no longer ask our team not to say something in a Raider uniform"

I mean the whole O line (and I’d hope the whole team) is planning to take a knee today, can’t really deny their right to do it.

And dunno if it’s been mentioned but Bruce Maxwell of the A’s took a knee during the anthem last night, first MLBer to do so. Mark Canha kept his hand on his shoulder throughout then embraced him afterward, which I thought was nice.

When one side is arguing about "sticking to sports", how is "not playing politics" not still taking a stance? Tomlin is making no sense.

It is taking a stance. The people here kidding themselves about it being a protest ain't making a lick of sense as to what exactly it's protesting, though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Ugh, my dad brings up WW2 and “these knuckleheads weren’t facing Japanese and Nazi machineguns” to dismiss and criticize the players kneeling as disrespectful and stupid

Like...what? What the fuck does that have to do with this, today, now?
If standing for the anthem is compulsory, does standing for the anthem actually mean anything?

Maybe tell your dad that the people he's invoking were fighting against countries that wouldn't tolerate their citizens not submitting to their flags and anthems.

It is taking a stance. The people here kidding themselves about it being a protest ain't making a lick of sense as to what exactly it's protesting, though.

Yeahhh... I like that it's getting rid of forcing players to stand for the anthem, but it also takes away the one meaningful chance they have to protest that viewers can't just ignore.

So many of his base are football fans. I think it was fine with them when Trump was just attacking kneeling players, but now he's saying football is boring, the league is anti-US, etc. Going against the game itself has got to hurt him.

So many of his base are football fans. I think it was fine with them when Trump was just attacking kneeling players, but now he's saying football is boring, the league is anti-US, etc. Going against the game itself has got to hurt him.
If you think this is what hurts trump you haven't been paying attention.

I doubt it. Such people are too set in their views. Mental schemas dont usually break, they mold information to fit the schema.

Ogodei

Hey, hey, hey, hold your horses there, buster. As a Pittsburgh native let me correct you: it's not the city's demographics. It's the ignorant bumpkins that live in the rural areas outside of the city, that only come into the city to trash it whenever there's a country concert or sporting event. Don't lump me in with those people.

That said, many of those ignorant bumpkins are Steelers fans, so you unfortunately may not be wrong.

Yup, i'm from Western PA (natively, NoVA now) and i've been poking in on facebook all day. It's a delightful shitshow and i'm having a ball wading in and calling out people for supporting Trump's fascist bullying.

Top Bottom