• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Salt of the earth, these people.

Good, people who don't respect the constitution shouldn't be on the payroll. It's funny too how most of these "support the troops" imbeciles never served in the military themselves or had to sacrifice anything for the greater good of the country. None of them have heard of court cases like Texas v Johnson either.

RDreamer

I am really wondering how much he is doing this just to get people to not pay attention to the health care bill.

Trump's Razor: He's doing this not because he's some genius mastermind. The simplest explanation is that he's a maniacal ego-driven racist fucking prick. No more, no less.

studyguy

In like 30 years from now the chapters recounting this part of US history are going to be ridiculous.
"And in September, amid the devastation of consecutive hurricanes ravaging Puerto Rico, the President chose to pick a fight with various national sports leagues"

mackattk

Trump's Razor: He's doing this not because he's some genius mastermind. The simplest explanation is that he's a maniacal ego-driven racist fucking prick. No more, no less.

I mean I know I am giving him too much credit. It is just amazing the timing of this. I only have like 50 friends on Facebook and my wall is flooded with #ISTAND hashtags and images and shit.

2lpSGwU.jpg

RDreamer

I mean I know I am giving him too much credit. It is just amazing the timing of this. I only have like 50 friends on Facebook and my wall is flooded with #ISTAND hashtags and images and shit.

The thing is that when you do something controversially fucking stupid literally every day then it'll be timed right to cover up other shit pretty often.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Clearly it was patriotic fans tuning in to make sure players were standing up, so that they can boycott the team/NFL if they didn't stand.

The more I think about this shit the more upset I get.

If this was ten years ago I would have been on the complete opposite side. It's a bit unnerving thinking about how much I've changed. Sometimes I find myself questioning what is right, but know I'm on the right side of things now.

It's not been a good weekend, mentally.

I still haven't and likely never will get over the fact that this country elected Donald Trump to be President of the United States.

Like, when you sit back and think about it, its such an embarrassing and unbelievable moment in time.

abundant

It's ridiculous how people turn a peaceful protest about racial inequality into some kind of war against the military and America. How can people be so stupid and hateful...

They've been indoctrinated to believe whatever the GOP, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, etc. tell them to believe in.

kingslunk

It's good of owners to condemn Trump and lock arms with players and then ignore Kaepernick some more.

Fuck them. And fuck the NFL. And fuck the players for not kneeling in defense of Kaepernick and then co-opting his message as a fuck you to Trump.

And fuck Trump.

It's even funnier that the owner's are the ones black balling Kaepernick yet their putting out support messages for their players. Cmon people.

zero_suit

I still haven't and likely never will get over the fact that this country elected Donald Trump to be President of the United States.

Like, when you sit back and think about it, its such an embarrassing and unbelievable moment in time.

W being re-elected was bad enough, but this is on a completely different level. This is a historic embarrassment.

I understand the sentiment behind this but lets not forget that when the supreme court ruled that you could burn the flag they pretty much opened it for everything else.
I dont think anyone's calling for him to be arrested. They're just pointing out he's a huge fucking moron.

We can all point at the popular vote but fact of the matter is 55 million still voted for this man.

It will be interesting how history is viewed years for now because frankly there is nothing redeemable about Trump and his administration.

I understand the sentiment behind this but lets not forget that when the supreme court ruled that you could burn the flag they pretty much opened it for everything else.

We're not calling it out as a crime, we're calling it out as hypocrisy on the part of people who consider the flag and the anthem sacrosanct from one side of their mouth and use it to wipe their ass on the other.

Snaku

Banned

I think the more damning aspect was that we didn't elect Trump, we overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. It was the Electoral College that elected Trump, when the precise reason why that institution was created in the first fucking place was to prevent someone like him from be elected to office. The system is completely broken and the Republicans have figured out how to take advantage of it, and it's worked twice now.

Keith Boykin just made a great point on this issue; not once did we hear Trump scream for the white supremacists marching in Charlottesville to be fired.

JustinT

Neo Member
My facebook page is filled with the most America lovin' troop supportin' folks you've ever seen. Shame there must have been a power outage the week Trump tried to ban certain people from serving, would have loved to see this outrage then!

Roi

The sad part is every critic is ignoring WHY these players are doing it and have twisted it in some Orwellian thing that the player are hating America/the flag/veterans..

abundant

Keith Boykin just made a great point on this issue; not once did we hear Trump scream for the white supremacists marching in Charlottesville to be fired.

Yeah, it's been pointed out since Friday. Basically he's using harsher language against peaceful protest against a valid issue vs. white supremacists who marched with torches, chanting "Jews will not replace us."

jelly

The sad part is every critic is ignoring WHY these players are doing it and have twisted it in some Orwellian thing that the player are hating America/the flag/veterans..

Republicans are terribly good at this but it also takes a whole lot of morons to believe it. I don't know how you get through to them, the country would need to implode so much that it knocks some sense into them and they realise they've been feed BS for decades.

cwmartin

Funny how nearly every person saying "keep politics out of sports" are the ones outraged over the kneeling and protests.

Interesting how that works.

I think the more damning aspect was that we didn't elect Trump, we overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. It was the Electoral College that elected Trump, when the precise reason why that institution was created in the first fucking place was to prevent someone like him from be elected to office. The system is completely broken and the Republicans have figured out how to take advantage of it, and it's worked twice now.

EC was always a stupid as hell concept. In order for it to work as advertised the actual EC members would have to somehow have no political bias themselves. The idea that the EC would prevent Trump is hinged on the belief that they themselves wouldn't support Trump's message.

Top Bottom