• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Good quick read on the NFL co-opting and sanitizing Kaepernick's original protest under the guise of "unity"

Trump, in trying to encourage punishment against protesters and divide the country even more, unified the NFL in a way that hasn’t been seen before.

But then, it’s bemusing why it took Trump for this to happen. Or rather, this unity seems more about the league standing behind an empty word — unity — rather than standing behind the original reason for Kaepernick’s protest. The deep irony of this entire situation is that all of this happening while Kaepernick himself is unemployed, and owners who refused to give him a chance because of his protest, now stand, arms linked, in protest to Trump saying that protesters should be fired.

It’s become a protest against Trump, rather than what it was intended to be.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/25/16359268/nfl-protest-anthem-donald-trump-colin-kaepernick?utm_campaign=sbnation&utm_content=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

BriGuy

There's more:
4W4E3bU.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912280282224525312
Who in their right mind would just wake up one day and say "you know what might make for a larf? Let's disrespect the flag/military/anthem/apple pie for no reason other than just because!"

He's so fucking stupid.

Is noone disturbed that the underlying sentiment is that these athlete were GIVEN the privilege to be professional athletes....

As if they didn't earn their spot with work.......

Im getting pissed because the Bum is essentially screaming "Fall in Line!" *whip crack*

This is basically the same atmosphere we lived in after 9/11 and the run-up to the Iraq war. It's fucking breathtaking that Trump got us here by watching football and tweeting a bunch of bs.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I second this. Evans is the most awesome human being ever.

If this past election has taught me anything, is that you don't need to be a politician to be president. Yeah, get someone like Captain America or Luke Skywalker. Anything is better than that piece of shit you guys have now.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I hope this continues next week as well. Because you know he'll keep tweeting about it.

Like, I want white NHL players kneeling.

gcubed

I saw the unity commercial on Sunday night football and it felt "dirty" and heavy handed. What is expect from a corporate washing commercial

I hope this continues next week as well. Because you know he'll keep tweeting about it.

Like, I want white NHL players kneeling.

We would have really crossed the threshold if that happened.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
This asshole Trump is retweeting a Pat Tillman reference as if this somehow helps his "argument." He has no idea about Pat Tillman, the same as everything else.

Pretty interested to see what will happen in the Cowboys game tonight. There's a story running that Jones will fire anyone who doesn't stand for the anthem.

TraBuch

Banned
It's good of owners to condemn Trump and lock arms with players and then ignore Kaepernick some more.

Fuck them. And fuck the NFL. And fuck the players for not kneeling in defense of Kaepernick and then co-opting his message as a fuck you to Trump.

And fuck Trump.

LiK

The backlash has been pretty big. Even this old guy at work who kinda liked Trump said "Fuck Trump" because of the NFL stuff, lol.

It's good of owners to condemn Trump and lock arms with players and then ignore Kaepernick some more.

Fuck them. And fuck the NFL. And fuck the players for not kneeling in defense of Kaepernick and then co-opting his message as a fuck you to Trump.

And fuck Trump.

That standing with arms locked together shit was so weak.

The office of the President of the United States has no business saying that, and should be ashamed of himself for doing so, AND should issue an apology. I believe that he is incapable of feeling shame, for what it's worth.

Measley

Multiple tweets this morning from this asshole about NFL players making him look like a clown, yet still no tweet about AMERICAN CITIZENS suffering in Puerto Rico.

Top Bottom