• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Man quits nearly 30 year stadium job after Buffalo Bills kneel during the anthem

DKkpY8hWkAANZgR.jpg

Video in the link.

Loudninja

Bahahaha goddamn stupid.
Nikischer says he has no problem with players protesting before the National Anthem. It's when the kneeling continued into the song that strong feelings took over.

”During the National Anthem...the song that is about our country, our veterans that fight and die for us, it's just something I feel you shouldn't disrespect that way," he said. "I believe people have the right to protest; I just don't believe that's the proper venue for it."
So you had a problem with it.

JABEE

Some quotes from the NFL about yesterday.

Jason Lockhart Communications Director of the NFL

Dan Graziano said:
NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart: "Yesterday was an important day for the league, and we think a good one."

Dan Graziano said:
More Lockhart: "Looking at yesterday, everyone should know, including the president, that this is what real locker room talk is."

Dan Graziano said:
Lockhart also takes issue with Trump's criticism of league's emphasis on safety. "An outdated and wrongheaded position."

Dan Graziano said:
NFL's Lockhart: "There’ll be no discipline handed down this week for anyone who was not there" for anthems Sunday.

Jason LaCanfora said:
As to where league goes from here, NFL notes "going from protest to progress." notes Commish meeting w/M Jenkins, T Smith, C Long in PHI...

Jason LaCanfora said:
NFL says it will continue to get a better sense of what players are doing in community for equality, voting rights issues

Jason LaCanfora said:
Lockhart says NFL working on community events to be done around league next month. Says that planning began before Trump's remarks

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Multiple tweets this morning from this asshole about NFL players making him look like a clown, yet still no tweet about AMERICAN CITIZENS suffering in Puerto Rico.

You won't hear shit from Trump about Puerto Rico. They're brown and they have no effect on whether or not he gets reelected.

That seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do, but hey... I'm not surprised. Surely one of his brethren will offer him a job.
[they won't]

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
It's really sad to me how many fans booed these guys who took a knee. Also sad that most of these white players are frightened of taking a knee, but more aren't afraid at all of shitting on the protesting players. Derek Wolff, Matt Light, many others.

Outside of the bubble of GAF and my twitter feed, it really feels like that Trump is actually still winning with this bullshit. I read comments section on a bunch of football sites and it's 80% shitting on the protests and supporting Trump. How is America so incredibly ignorant? This is so embarrassing, people really don't understand the issue at all. It's so much easier to wrap themselves in the flag and patriotism and just scoff at any suggestion of the real issue of racial inequality. So devastating that Americans have become so stupid.

It's ridiculous how people turn a peaceful protest about racial inequality into some kind of war against the military and America. How can people be so stupid and hateful...

Branson

Make a left turn.
Like most racing series do?

Anyway. Keep politics out of sports.

On the NASCAR thing, it was the owners of a couple of teams that came out and said stuff right? Not actually nascar themselves?

Glad Dale Jr is coming out and trying to be reasonable about things. It’s hard to be a left nascar fan personally but it’s good to see him respecting the right to do it if you want to.

Like most racing series do?

Anyway. Keep politics out of sports.

On the NASCAR thing, it was the owners of a couple of teams that came out and said stuff right? Not actually nascar themselves?

Glad Dale Jr is coming out and trying to be reasonable about things. It’s hard to be a left nascar fan personally but it’s good to see him respecting the right to do it if you want to.

You missed the joke.

Top Bottom