• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I had to look him up but he's produced some of the best TV and movies ever. It's a shame that baby boomers are such a disappointment to their parents' legacy.

He’s a guest panelist on the latest episode of Pod Save America. Worth the listen.

li bur

BLM isn't protesting that; they're protesting racial injustice and the treatment and murders perpetuated by police.

And without proper context and surrounding details on how, when, and from where such data was collected, that chart is useless. It's like that economic pic from Fox News, presenting data that pushes a certain perspective by dishonestly withholding context and trusting the viewer/reader won't actually think critically about the data

fox-news-screengrab.jpg

The only thing that I got from those pics is Obama and Clinton have worked tremendously and to reduce unemployment and Bush is a fucked up who increase the unemployment rate. But I can see people view those data in different light.

Thank you for the responses! Here are some more comments from that post. OP denotes the poster who I shared earlier. I just want to give an idea of the narrative shared from my bubble of people as this is what I have to learn to fight back against.

You should have asked them to name an issue in American history that went away by ignoring it

j-wood

Delanie Walker of the Tennessee Titans posted a statement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZm0JeSgE0D/

Honestly man, fuck all these people. Making death threats to his family? Fuck ever single one of them.

Keep doing it NFL players. If these fucking pieces of shit stop watching and going to the games, then the sport is better off.

StarVigil

You'd think after 9 months of trump we'd hit a point where we heard all the hits, but he keeps on going. And it shows how completely foul tens of millions of Americans truly are. It's a very sad thing to watch. Like a parasite taking over the host and all you can do is watch.

Z_Y

Hey y'all. So admittedly, I am a white dude in his mid 20's who is unlearning bullshit racism that permeated his household growing up. Can you all help me to rebuttal a post like this? I really want and need to learn more to be a better ally.

Well...that’s not what BLM is protesting for one.

Hey y'all. So admittedly, I am a white dude in his mid 20's who is unlearning bullshit racism that permeated his household growing up. Can you all help me to rebuttal a post like this? I really want and need to learn more to be a better ally.

What a lot of people fail to realize is that the giant green bar? That's *ALSO* the product of systemic racism.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So the one steeler that didnt stay in the locker room with his team apologized. Said he should have been in there with his team.

Amazing.

Some of it was funny and I like the points he's making but I can only take the yelling/cussing/RETARDED shit for so long. Ugh

Yeah, I myself would actually like him to do a CIVIL debate with Rubin instead of sounding like a D-Bag and insulting his opinion like a child.

BLM isn't protesting that; they're protesting racial injustice and the treatment and murders perpetuated by police.

And without proper context and surrounding details on how, when, and from where such data was collected, that chart is useless. It's like that economic pic from Fox News, presenting data that pushes a certain perspective by dishonestly withholding context and trusting the viewer/reader won't actually think critically about the data

fox-news-screengrab.jpg

Clinton and Obama cleaned up the mess, so the republican presidents can take all the credit for their work. You see this more and more now. "Trump is great for the economy!" Still waiting to hear what policy changes Trump did that would warrant those thoughts. I don't think failing at everything would qualify.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Clinton and Obama cleaned up the mess, so the republican presidents can take all the credit for their work. You see this more and more now. "Trump is great for the economy!" Still waiting to hear what policy changes Trump did that would warrant those thoughts. I don't think failing at everything would qualify.

He has done a ton of deregulation which could lead to malinvestment and encourage a bubble and subsequent recession. In general the stock market seems to be 20% overvalued across the board. Unfortunately I think we're due for a recession in the next few years.

Pagusas

Elden Member
He has done a ton of deregulation which could lead to malinvestment and encourage a bubble and subsequent recession. In general the stock market seems to be 20% overvalued across the board. Unfortunately I think we're due for a recession in the next few years.

in 3.5 years to be exact.... right in time for the next Democrat

Trumps instability is already leading to a more unreliable economy than we've enjoyed the past few years. It's only a matter of time before he goes too far with it and some industry tanks over night causing a real dip.

I just finished reading the article about black veterans being targeted after the first and second World wars... I didn't have the slightest clue things had been that bad in the US.

I must admit that I feel slightly ashamed at my ignorance.

hbkdx12

Watching Undisputed and im just confused at what the fuck is transpiring.

Apparently after the Packers game yesterday where they asked the fans to lock arms and most didn't, Skip is now doubling down on the idea that maybe people like Kaep need to protest a different way like wearing a black patch or something. Even went so far as to say that Kaep's protest was always about protesting the flag.

tenor.gif

Of course Shannon gave him the historically fueled rebuttal about racial injustice. Shannon out here having to work overtime. Bless him.

TraBuch

Banned
Drew Brees says the entire Saints team will kneel before the anthem and then stand when it plays.

Congrats, Jerry Jones and Trump. You guys did it.

Watching Undisputed and im just confused at what the fuck is transpiring.

Apparently after the Packers game yesterday where they asked the fans to lock arms and most didn't, Skip is now doubling down on the idea that maybe people like Kaep need to protest a different way like wearing a black patch or something. Even went so far as to say that Kaep's protest was always about protesting the flag.

tenor.gif

Of course Shannon gave him the historically fueled rebuttal about racial injustice. Shannon out here having to work overtime. Bless him.

What you are seeing is Skip try to logically explain why people he believes are good people wouldn't do something good. The error in the logic is they are fact PoS.

Cyframe

What you are seeing is Skip try to logically explain why people he believes are good people wouldn't do something good. The error in the logic is they are fact PoS.

Pretty much. I feel like Skip always tries to find a silver lining, which a good thing to a point. He's also open to having tough conversations. Shannon, due to life experiences and his great knowledge base of Black history, is more grounded in reality.

White people hated MLK, a small section of Black people back then thought he was doing things the wrong way. So it's a case of history repeating itself in a way.

As a Black person though, I live for Shannon's commentary on this topic. How he can express himself and not get fired. I don't even like sports but Shannon is so sharp(e) that I'm tuning in more often.

rokkerkory

fox-news-screengrab.jpg

This is bullshit, take a look at what they started and left the office with is a better measurement.

Mr Swine

Banned
This is bullshit, take a look at what they started and left the office with is a better measurement.

Just go on twitter or Facebook. People say that Trump has done all this and he is a god to them. When the economy goes down the drain, Trump will talk shit about it’s all Obama’s fault and his/Republican voters will agree on that

Trump's race problems are well documented, but I find her argument -- that Trump was using a racial epithet when he referred to them as "sons of bitches" -- difficult to accept. I can understand Tucker's indignation in this regard. Having said that, I did not grow up in the US.
Well I think the fact that he reserved that language for AA football players but not for Neo-Nazis says it all.

Trump's race problems are well documented, but I find her argument -- that Trump was using a racial epithet when he referred to them as "sons of bitches" -- difficult to accept. I can understand Tucker's indignation in this regard. Having said that, I did not grow up in the US.
I did not grow up in this country as well, but I've come to understand why she thinks so and she's not the only one to say that Trump's use of SOB was racist. Bakari Sellers and Cornell Brooks have stated it's perceived as racist due to the context and the location of where he said it, Alabama (which was a hotbed of racial strife). According to Cornell, SOB is used as a "racial code for the N-word" particularly in that state.

Trump supporter failed to burn the Steelers flag and jersey.

In a video unearthed by WorldStar HipHop, an unidentified woman calling herself a life-long Steelers fan attempts to burn her jersey and team flag but is unable to get them to ignite.

According to the woman, who admits that she lives in Maryland, she has had it with the Steelers and their coach Mike Tomlin after they didn’t come out for the national anthem last Sunday.

“For as long as I can remember, I have been a Steelers fan, but I have been an American longer than that” she begins as she stands next to an American flag while wearing a Steelers shirt. “Coach Tomlin, I read what you said, and the fact that you said people shouldn’t have to make a choice. What’s the choice between standing for stupidity and standing for our American flag?”

“From now on, I’m done with the Steelers,” she continues. “I stood for you guys, I fought for you guys, I even argued for you guys — living in Maryland! And this is what I get in return?”

She then attempts to set the flag on fire using a lighter, but it never takes, before dropping it to the ground and making several more attempts to set in on fire. She then holds the torn t-shirt over the non-existent flame before dropping the shirt and calling it “a rag.”

Top Bottom