• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Used Charity Funds to Settle Legal Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy shouldn't be trusted to preside over the creation of a ham sandwich, and yet, we're at risk of him being in charge of a country because he managed to successful on a platform of being a racist playground bully.

"Trump smears feces on his face"

Man it sucks we have such terrible candidates

"Trump yells every known racial slur onstage"

I really wish we had better options

"Trump repeatedly slams baby's head in a car door"

The two party system is so stupid

Lol. That's pretty spot on.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know the media is spinning that the polls are close
But does Trump really have a chance? He's toxic with minorities, and they hold a fairly big sway in the election.

I know we should still worry as it's still possible. But is it realistic?

I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding. Mr. Trump undoubtedly has at least a dozen checkbooks in his desk drawer and simply used the wrong checkbook to write these checks.

Really, the way you're going after this man, for making a simple mistake, well it's ... it's deplorable. Really.

But does Trump really have a chance? He's toxic with minorities, and they hold a fairly big sway in the election.

His path to an electoral victory is extremely slim.

You guys aren't even commenting over the best part of this article.

One of the lawsuits Trump used charity money to pay for involved a Trump golf course which promised $1,000,000 to anyone who hits a hole-in-one. Some guy comes along and gets that hole-in-one, but does not receive any money because it was in the stipulations that "The shot must travel farther than 150 yards". The par 3 was less than 150 yards, so it was impossible to win the prize.

He then settled with the guy and used other people's money to pay.

That's incredible. This whole thing is just incredible. Like, wow.

Trump has a chance by the simple fact that there are only two realistic choices. What matters is state by state polling due to the Electoral College. Start really worrying if polls start showing Trump ahead in Pennsylvania. Till then we're safe.

One of the lawsuits Trump used charity money to pay for involved a Trump golf course which promised $1,000,000 to anyone who hits a hole-in-one. Some guy comes along and gets that hole-in-one, but does not receive any money because it was in the stipulations that "The shot must travel farther than 150 yards". The par 3 was less than 150 yards, so it was impossible to win the prize.

That really is something else.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
His path to an electoral victory is extremely slim.

That's a slight relief.

Crooked Donald.

Trump has a chance by the simple fact that there are only two realistic choices. What matters is state by state polling due to the Electoral College. Start really worrying if polls start showing Trump ahead in Pennsylvania. Till then we're safe.

I did see a flowchart joking that he would only have a chance if he got Pennsylvania. So hopefully that still leans blue.

Lorcain

I think he could walk into the street, pour gasoline on someone, set them on fire, and some people would be ok with it, thinking the burning stranger probably deserved it.

Fuck Trump supporters.

wuOMSLF.gif

Armaros

It's our fault tho when the media barely covers this when they would be going head over heels for Clinton doing the same.

No, they go head over heels imagining that Hillary does do this, so that's why they investigate, find she did nothing wrong and then consistently do a half a week news cycle on Trump when it comes out he does all the bad stuff they accuse Hillary of doing.

But everyone is bored of it already so they move on.

The path is Rumor of X Hillary Scandal -> investigate Hillary for weeks -> itsfuckingnothing.gif -> it comes out that Truml DOES do what they accused Hillary of -> everyone is bored of the topic so they move onto new stuff (GASP Hillay is sick!)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Doesn't seem too slim so long as the media keeps propping him up for ratings. This story won't likely get any major play on the networks. Probably just be a day long curiosity on the cable channels.

IRS won't go after him till after the election to avoid appearing political but will jail your granny for typos.

Toxi

Banned
I think he could walk into the street, pour gasoline on someone, set them on fire, and some people would be ok with it, thinking the burning stranger probably deserved it.
No, the Trump supporters will just ignore it, because it's easier than justifying it. Notice the usual crowd aren't posting in this thread.

Loxley

can people just charge him with something? it's like he's immune to all the illegal shit he does.

Filthy rich white men can get away with a lot, pile on top of that Drumpf's celebrity status plus the fact he's a presidential candidate and yeah, he's never gonna get charged with shit. Even with his whole Trump University thing, he won't be touched. I'm sure plenty of his underlings will pay the price for it and take the fall (should the courts find genuine wrong-doing there), but Trump will get off scot-free.

Caja 117

It's so sad that these two are our candidates for President. Says a lot about our country.

Incredible that no matter how vile this disgusting man do or say is, He always get equated to Clinton. This is practically an indirect Apology for Trump regardless if you like him or not.

Perfect.

Hazmat

Can you imagine if we had tax records of Clinton cutting checks like this to help herself financially? I'd like to see this blow up, but I think it'll get filed under "Well, we already knew he was a corrupt piece of shit."

Toxi

Banned
No, they go head over heels imagining that Hillary does do this, so that's why they investigate, find she did nothing wrong and then consistently do a half a week news cycle on Trump when it comes out he does all the bad stuff they accuse Hillary of doing.

But everyone is bored of it already so they move on.

The path is Rumor of X Hillary Scandal -> investigate Hillary for weeks -> itsfuckingnothing.gif -> it comes out that Truml DOES do what they accused Hillary of -> everyone is bored of the topic so they move onto new stuff (GASP Hillay is sick!)
I'd agree with that assessment if the same didn't apply to Trump not releasing his tax returns.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I love how much David A. Fahrenthold just keeps digging into this story. Trump's going to be facing so much shit once he loses.

Gutek

He just flipped Florida. If he does the same to Pennsylvania, then goodnight.

Edit: Or Colorado for that matter.

rac

Banned
Is there any chance Republicans go after trump on this after the election so just in case he does get elected they can impeach him?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

bwahahah

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
See, now you know that when he says Mexico will pay for the wall, he has prior experience in getting other people to pay for his shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom