• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Used Charity Funds to Settle Legal Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

karasu

It's incredible, that this guy can basically do whatever he wants, because there are a lot of people that are stupid enough to vote and support him regardless.

The scariest thing about Trump is that he's right about a huge portion of this country. People just don't give a shit.

That's if he survives his trial about his fraud university.

We're so deep into the scandals of questionable legality that no one even talks about his campaign illegally soliciting political contributions from foreign nationals any more. Hillary Clinton comes out squeaky clean every time she's investigated, "Well, she must be hiding something." Donald Trump looks to have actually broken multiple laws, "We don't care about that stuff." I don't understand any of it. If the founding fathers were alive to see this they'd tear up their Declaration and say, "fuck it, King George ain't so bad."

MCN

Banned
I can see it now.

January 20th, 2017 - Trump is inaugurated as President of the United States of America.

January 21st, 2017 - President Trump is impeached.

I could only imagine the shitstorm if this were Hillary instead.

The amount of cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias from individuals is alarming and striking.

jstripes

Banned
That's if he survives his trial about his fraud university.
No one has the balls to go after a presidential candidate.

If Trump loses the election, a floodgate of legal problems is going to open.

I can see it now.

January 20th, 2017 - Trump is inaugurated as President of the United States of America.

January 21st, 2017 - President Trump is impeached.
Seriously. I've been thinking this. If Trump get elected, he's not going to make it a year. The chances of him incurring multiple, serious conflicts of interest are much too high.

Republicans will quietly line up and back an impeachment, because getting rid of him will be a huge relief.

Cyan

Banned
According to the Post, such use of his charity’s funds may have violated laws against “self-dealing”—a term to describe a nonprofit leader’s use of charity money to benefit themselves.
"May have" lol that is 100% self-dealing.

zelas

Seriously. I've been thinking this. If Trump get elected, he's not going to make it a year. The chances of him incurring multiple, serious conflicts of interest are much too high.

Republicans will quietly line up and back an impeachment, because getting rid of him will be a huge relief.
I dont think angering primary voters would present a huge sigh of relief for many republicans.

Can you imagine if the Clinton's had gotten fined and had funds from their charitable foundation used to solve their problem?

The double standards are out of this world.

It is mind-blowing. Clinton is crucified all over the media just for having a foundation. No indication of wrongdoing whatsoever, just for having the foundation with her name on it. Plastered all over TV and the web.

Meanwhile Trump's foundation has repeatedly been accused of actual, specific corruption, and no one's interested in talking about it.

It is mind-blowing. Clinton is crucified all over the media just for having a foundation. No indication of wrongdoing whatsoever, just for having the foundation with her name on it. Plastered all over TV and the web.

Meanwhile Trump's foundation has repeatedly been accused of actual, specific corruption, and no one's interested in talking about it.

Literally almost everything they've tried to find/assumed about the Clinton Foundation didn't happen and instead is exactly what happened in the Trump Foundation. It's like a wonderful microcosm for this election.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
How is this not more prominent? The guy who shouts "CROOKED" at every opportunity he gets does shady shit like that and nothing? While at the same time every email on hillary's server gets scrutinized....

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How is this not more prominent? The guy who shouts "CROOKED" at every opportunity he gets does shady shit like that and nothing? While at the same time every email on hillary's server gets scrutinized....

Media want's their horserace, and probably wants a Trump presidency for better ratings. That's why conspiracy theories about what Clinton might have done are bigger news than stuff Trump has actually done.

zethren

Banned
Got home, and this isn't on the front page of NBC or CNN's websties.

This will be buried and ignored.

Yep. Fuckin shame.

At this point I am banking on all of these things to come up at the debate. It might be best in that regard, since he'll be present for the moment and have to react.

gabbo

Most definitely the Clinton foundation will be brought up. She needs to pivot on how it has never been found of any wrong doing and then point out where Trump's foundation has broken X laws and paid fines.

I can see the Chris Matthews debate going that way, but the others? Aren't the debate moderators usually better than their 24h news coverage selves?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yep. Fuckin shame.

At this point I am banking on all of these things to come up at the debate. It might be best in that regard, since he'll be present for the moment and have to react.

Lester Holt: "Mr. Trump, can you explain why you used charity funds to pay your legal fees?"

Trump: "Hillary had a private Email"

Lester Holt: "Madam Secretary, I now have five questions about your Private Email"

Henkka

Banned
Hopefully this will stick. It's frustrating how everything just slips off him because there's a new controversy every week.

RPGCrazied

Lester Holt: "Mr. Trump, can you explain why you used charity funds to pay your legal fees?"

Trump: "Hillary had a private Email"

Lester Holt: "Madam Secretary, I now have five questions about your Private Email"

Be prepared to hear the words tremendous and believe me along with excuse me A LOT.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/politics/washington-post-trump-foundation-report/

This is picking up steam fast

The whole narrative of Hillary corruptionz and slush fundz is gonna get derailed pretty hard when there is actual evidence of Trump doing it
TadkV.gif

Trump could kill someone on camera while raping a woman and quoting HItler verbatim screaming white power and he'd be fine.

"Um those quotes are from the time when Hitler was in art school and I really don't see what's wrong with celebrating white heritage. Also you know Rachel, I don't know everything that goes through Mr. Trump's head but I believe he was simply displaying his girth for that young woman in that video while defending her from a violent attacker. What we really should be talking about is Hillary's blatant use of the word deplorable to describe our constituents" - Kelly Ann Conway or Mike Pence or Chris Christie.

Why are people voting for this guy? He is proven to be corrupt and he is not very smart among other things. I am confused as hell at this point in the race.

He probably is so he can claim the donation on his taxes against his income.

Nope. He hasn't made a donation to his charity since 2006 or so.

Basically, there's a period where he wiped out the charity down to almost no funds, and since that time only third parties have donated to it.

tirminyl

"Um those quotes are from the time when Hitler was in art school and I really don't see what's wrong with celebrating white heritage. Also you know Rachel, I don't know everything that goes through Mr. Trump's head but I believe he was simply displaying his girth for that young woman in that video while defending her from a violent attacker. What we really should be talking about is Hillary's blatant use of the word deplorable to describe our constituents" - Kelly Ann Conway or Mike Pence or Chris Christie.

Actually it is more like:

It's funny you should mention quotes. No one seems to be talking about how Hillary Clinton quoted former KKK member and HAD him at her rally with no opposition. It's really telling how liberal media chooses to ignore the things that Hillary does...

Why are people voting for this guy? He is proven to be corrupt and he is not very smart among other things. I am confused as hell at this point in the race.

People who didn't think Repubs ever went far enough and want to "shake up" the electorate along side people easily swayed by vague descriptions of the bad things that will happen to all of the "enemies" endangering a white Christian America

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hasn't been more than a passing mention on the news channels. Seriously disgusting. Not that I expect any better from our media.

And you can bet that any time they do discuss it, they'll have a couple of Trump surrogates on that will just mention the Clinton Foundation with no pushback at all before moving onto the next talking point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom