• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's evangelical advisory board features Bachmann, Falwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Republican presidential candidate and Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann leads an alphabetical list of names announced by Donald Trump's campaign on Tuesday as the presumptive Republican nominee's evangelical executive advisory board.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-evangelical-advisory-board-224612

Hmm, let's see what these people believe. Evangelical, but maybe stuff to appeal to other religions also.

Former presidential candidate Michele Bachmann called for an intensified effort to convert Jews to Christianity.

Bachmann, a former congresswoman from Minnesota who ran for the Republican presidential nod in 2012, was in Israel last week on a tour organized by the Family Research Council, a conservative Christian group.

Toward the end of the week, she spoke on FRC President Tony Perkins’ radio program, Washington Watch, and discussed the meaning of the recent intensification of violence in Israel and the West Bank. She cast the violence as a signal of the return of Jesus, which would necessitate mass conversions.

“We recognize the shortness of the hour,” Bachmann said, “and that’s why we as a remnant want to be faithful in these days and do what it is that the Holy Spirit is speaking to each one of us, to be faithful in the Kingdom and to help bring in as many as we can — even among the Jews — share Jesus Christ with everyone that we possibly can because, again, He’s coming soon.”

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/news/1.684848

..... Okay....

But it can't all be bad for Trump's prospects. Mormons and evangelicals often have similar political goals as of these days, there has to be something here to help Trump's Mormon problem.

Dr. Robert Jeffress, the pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas, is not backing down from his controversial statement that Mormonism is a “cult.” In a phone interview Tuesday with The Christian Post from his office in Dallas, Jeffress clarified and expanded on his theological examination of Mormonism and what qualities are important for Christians to consider when selecting candidates for elected office.

Jeffress came under intense fire since last Friday for saying Mormonism is a theological “cult” while talking to reporters at the Values Voter Summit that attracted all the major Republican presidential candidates and over 3,000 conservative voters. He told reporters that while he thought former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was a good and moral family man, he is not a born-again follower of Jesus Christ and that Texas Governor Rick Perry, who is a professed Christian, would be a better GOP nominee.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/i...ormonism-is-a-cult-57933/#GF5JvyEKSz2regS0.99

The purple state of Utah!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
“We recognize the shortness of the hour,” Bachmann said, “and that’s why we as a remnant want to be faithful in these days and do what it is that the Holy Spirit is speaking to each one of us, to be faithful in the Kingdom and to help bring in as many as we can — even among the Jews — share Jesus Christ with everyone that we possibly can because, again, He’s coming soon.”

man, this lady is still so crazy

Michele.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"Listen, I'm not a Mormon, okay? But the way I look in underwear at my age? You'd think they were magic. Believe me."

Darkgran

It's amazing to me that people believe this...

Donald Trump: ''There's Nothing Out There' About Clinton's Religion''
At a series of meetings to court evangelical leaders Tuesday, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump took issue with Hillary Clinton's religious beliefs, suggesting that she gets a pass on her faith.

In a closed-door meeting, Trump asserted that people don't know "anything about Hillary in terms of religion," according to a video posted on Twitter by Bishop E.W. Jackson, a Virginia pastor who attended the events in New York City.

"She's been in the public eye for years and years and yet there's no - there's nothing out there. There's like nothing out there," Trump continued at a gathering with about 50 evangelicals at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...e-s-nothing-out-there-about-clinton-s-n596541

LOL!!! Trump of all people questioning other candidates' religiosity. Deep thought, lol

Hazmat

Trump is like the Twilight Zone twist ending to liberals wishing that Republicans that would nominate someone that wasn't so religious that he made them uncomfortable.

Well, the real Twilight Zone ending would have been Hitler, but they did that already so we got the store-brand version.

Revolver

massoluk

Banned
"Look, the Jews love me, ok. I get along with the Jews. I have the best Jews. They work for me. They're great with money."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom