• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truth & Trolls |OT| The Brothers Were Right

inm8num2

I looked at the potato salad project comments and noticed a familiar face...

The Art Factory about 16 hours ago

I ONLY started commenting a year ago because of FLAWS in the kickstarter comments that allowed bad people to target backers and creators.. i never commented before...
but.. it's absolutely proveable and true that because of Kickstarter staff failures, that creators children were targeted for serious crimes by 4chan trolls.. and i only started commenting to protect those children, those creators... i didn't stop after we protected them.. we, the good backers.. and .. that 9 year old child creator did in fact release her video game.. and open sourced it.. and it's true. so.. all those attacks on her were not appropriate.. only the backers protecting her and her family stopped the violence that happened in the comments of that project - you can look it up, it's a matter of public record.

E9eUn.gif

edit - this comment is golden as well.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just... have no idea what the heck that guy is trying to say half the time. My brain tends to shut down after reading a few... "sentences..." Because he's so whimsical... gets lost in thought... ARRRRGGG!!

44-year old Kenzie shared some more of her "vision".

Good to know that Truth & Trolls is at least "figuratively free" for the backers, because iirc it wasn't "literally free" to them.

Susan on Kickstarter said:
Creator Susan Wilson 3 days ago

Someone (John Smith) asked if he could create a project to build an open source version of Truth & Trolls. I responded to the email but it wasn't valid so I thought I'd post here to ensure everyone was in the loop.

Truth & Trolls is literally and figuratively free. Download it for free and bring your vision to life. After seeing "Frozen" and how the trolls were depicted as rocks that came to life with magical abilities, special powers and a deep knowledge of true love, Kenzie couldn't help but wonder what someone else with more experience would do in creating their version of Truth & Trolls. She saw Arondale's sea view and the ports and boats and immediately knew it was what she'd imagined The Isle of Kent would look like. And Anna was as close to Alex as she could imagine so it reignited her imagination and eagerness to see what Truth & Trolls could evolve into now that she "set it free."

blackjaw

I lurked in this thread when it was happening and it still blows my mind that any investors thought they would get a quality project. I'm sure Susan enjoyed taking her kids on vacay and paying off the car note while having other people work on her daughters game. Pathetic situation.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wow those Twitter posts... I won't even comment about the one where she was roofied at 35. Also her husband has super powers cause he makes GPS apps? What?

inm8num2

Bump for a couple things:

1. Kickstarter updated their ToS to now hold creators accountable for fulfilling project promises.

If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:

- they post an update that explains what work has been done, how funds were used, and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned;
- they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that’s communicated to backers;
- they’re able to demonstrate that they’ve used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised;
- they’ve been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to backers; and
- they offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form.

The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers.

Kind of funny when you think about it. Susan pretty much violated all these terms at some point at another, but lucky for her there were no terms of service for which she could be held accountable during her project.

2. The Kickstarter blog posted a list of games recommended by Wasteland 2 backers. One of the names stuck out to me:

Philip Tan, MIT Game Lab, Boston, USA
Pick: Retro Game Crunch

This project shows how self-imposed creative constraints can result in great work. The team of Rusty Moyher, Shaun Inman, and Matt Grimm put together six games in six months. Every game is expertly executed within the limits of the retro-game aesthetic, while looking and playing very differently from each other.

I'm surprised he didn't pick Truth & Trolls. Maybe Susan stiffed him, too? :p

Bump for a couple things:

1. Kickstarter updated their ToS to now hold creators accountable for fulfilling project promises.

Kind of funny when you think about it. Susan pretty much violated all these terms at some point at another, but lucky for her there were no terms of service for which she could be held accountable during her project.

2. The Kickstarter blog posted a list of games recommended by Wasteland 2 backers. One of the names stuck out to me:

I'm surprised he didn't pick Truth & Trolls. Maybe Susan stiffed him, too? :p

Susan did release the source code of "her" game (= "the best possible conclusion for backers"), didn't she? Probably did so after considering her options with her attorney, so as to prevent any possible legal actions from her backers. Also, who was ever going to sue a 9 year old girl anyway? That was the whole purpose of getting Kenzie involved in this scam.

About Philip Tan: he probably didn't pick Truth & Trolls, because he found it a bit unethical to promote a game/proof of concept he made himself. :)

inm8num2

Funny to see this thread, I was wondering about Susan yesterday. Just checked her twitter and amongst the referral spam saw she posted a link to this kickstarter.

Funded with $90k. I checked Susan's "Fund Her" website, and it's just an advertisement for the above kickstarter.

Also, WTF is up with her twitter profile?

5'6, 152 lb, ADHD FORTUNE Top 10 Female Entrepreneur. Aspiring Agent Provocateur. Married w/3 Kids, Adderall, Prozac & Xanax Rxs. 44 yr old Crowdfunding Addict

atomsk

Party Pooper
was just thinking about this disaster today, pardon the thread necro

http://www.truthandtrolls.com/ is for sale! for the low low price of $449!

looks like http://www.fundher.com/ is also for sale in some capacity?

​​There's regret in re-learning a basic business lessons the hard way. Giving away the advice, insights, connections, money and whatever else I could offer other women has left me cash poor.

Being broke is one thing. Being broken is quite another - which is where I seem to be stuck. So I'm DOING SOMETHING. I'm selling the assets I've accumulated over the last 5 years to self-fund my next chapter.

Did Susan Wilson finally run out of people to scam?

But never fear! She's still ready to hop on any bandwagon for a quick buck
i4pn5d1.png

I'm sure Nintendo is totally fine with her selling hats with the actual Pokemon logo

I'd love to see them take it down, but Nintendo/Pokemon Company don't really mind fan creations.

Yeah, maybe Nintendo would if it was one of their own IPs, but the Pokémon Company seems to be a bit more lenient towards copyright infringers.

Classic Susan though. Trying to make money out of useless domain names...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hoo boy. The horrors come flooding back...What a ride this was. Really need to reread the insanity.

Top Bottom