• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

CSSer

Hey GAF,

I don't have any completed challenges, and missed the memo about perks requiring at least one completed challenge now >__<

There seems to be an easy one this Saturday; playing DUST 514 co-op with at least 3 other GList members.

Is anyone up for this challenge? I just want to get one challenge completed, before the e3 perks start showing up soon.

My PSN is PlayerBeyond

zroid

Banned
I'd be willing, depending on how much space I need to/can free up on my PS3's hard drive to make room for it, lol

edit: only 1.4GB? I'm down

My PSN is Zeer0id

CSSer

There's a 37 MB patch after 1.4 GB PSN store download, then another 1.33 GB client update... don't know if there's more

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I've been meaning to give Dust 514 a try for a while now. I'd be up to joining you. Downloading it right now.

PSN is Deraldin.

zroid

Banned
oh lawd, the Dust game client update is maddeningly slow :(

it makes PSN download speeds seem blistering by comparison

Sora_N

So you can't apply a code to an order after you ordered? The guy on the phone was a huge douche about it, the worst CSR I ever had on the phone with FS/BB.

He told me I would have to cancel and reorder, and he clearly didn't understand when I said the LoU steelbook is not available anymore so I can't reorder. Lol...

Sajjaja

So you can't apply a code to an order after you ordered? The guy on the phone was a huge douche about it, the worst CSR I ever had on the phone with FS/BB.

He told me I would have to cancel and reorder, and he clearly didn't understand when I said the LoU steelbook is not available anymore so I can't reorder. Lol...

Yeah, I think that's the policy. It's pretty shitty.

Sora_N

Ugh, I heard that you could. Well I'm going to email and ask if I can still get the steelbook somehow, it really sucks that the code didn't work when the steelbook was available.

I'm surprised they won't give you a credit.

I ordered with the E3 code before steelbooks were available and when the first round of steelbook days came around I reordered again without a code, called in and they applied a new $20 credit on my new order with the steelbook and canceled the E3 order.

If I were in your position I would try reordering without the steelbook with the perk code, and then calling in to credit the perk code on your original order. with the steelbook This way they know you can't reuse your code, and that your code is active.

Sora_N

I actually emailed them an hour or two ago already...
Thank you for contacting Future Shop regarding order # xxxxxxx.

I’m happy to inform you that a credit in the amount of $20.00 has been applied to your order on May 28, 2013. Your discount will appear as a credit on your original payment method 3 – 5 days after your order leaves our shipping facilities - you will be charged the full amount of the item, plus any applicable taxes, and credited shortly thereafter.

For further inquiries please contact us at service@futureshop

Wow, now THAT'S the customer service I expected. I didn't even give them my tsilon code, just mentioned that I could not use the code due to the steelbook being unavailable.

I actually emailed them an hour or two ago already...

Wow, now THAT'S the customer service I expected. I didn't even give them my tsilon code, just mentioned that I could not use the code due to the steelbook being unavailable.

So how much are you paying for it now?

Sora_N

Iirc tsilon codes ignore the taxes right? I will probably be paying 2-3 bucks more, not a big deal to me since I want the steelbook.

RS4-

Iirc tsilon codes ignore the taxes right? I will probably be paying 2-3 bucks more, not a big deal to me since I want the steelbook.

Didn't they stop the steelbook promo a few weeks ago? Now it's just the normal game iirc unless you've either pre'd it during the promo or buy in store on release day.

CSSer

Hey guys, I'm available to do that tsilon co-op challenge today. I'll be on most of the day

PSN: PlayerBeyond
Dust 514 character name: CSSer GLIST
GLIST: CSSer

explodet

So I'm about to preorder The Last of Us, and Future Shop says there's a steelbook... event? promotion? ... whatever - coming up. I also vaguely remember something about steelbooks and tsilon codes not liking each other on Future Shop.

You guys think this'll be the case again?

EGM92

So I'm about to preorder The Last of Us, and Future Shop says there's a steelbook... event? promotion? ... whatever - coming up. I also vaguely remember something about steelbooks and tsilon codes not liking each other on Future Shop.

You guys think this'll be the case again?

It's not an issue with tsilon codes and futureshop, futureshop just stopped giving steelbooks for online preorders. They do now, for some games and for only some promotions.

zroid

Banned
It might be worth noting that the codes suddenly stopped working about a day or two before the last TLoU "steelbook days" thing, and then just as suddenly reactivated after it ended. So the same might happen again. I've still got my E3 pre-order but I guess if my code works tomorrow with the steelbook, I'll switch. Here's hoping!

explodet

Yeah, just tried my code and it didn't recognize it.
Looks like I'll have to try again after the steelbook promo and hope that the code hasn't been lost.

Top Bottom