• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

krae_man

The AC3 launch party was 40+ at the beginning too. Then not enough people signed up and they opened it up to 30+ and Zorbsie was allowed in.

And yeah I'm at level 51 and I haven't bothered doing a thing in a long time. Hopefully 50+ will be all that's needed for a PS4 perk if they do one.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think we'll get the awesome "$20 off any E3 preorder" from last year again? I thought it was a given, but with the misters hardly giving any update on the forum, I'm getting worried. $20 3DS/Vita games was so great...

iphys

Yay, my Wii Sports Tennis ranking of 2000 will finally come in handy for a challenge after all these years. Time to dust off the Wii.

zroid

Banned
Yay, my Wii Sports Tennis ranking of 2000 will finally come in handy for a challenge after all these years. Time to dust off the Wii.

the real challenge for me was finding my damn copy of Wii Sports :lol

Took me like 5 minutes of digging through junk. Maybe I'll just stash it in the Wii Sports Resort box henceforth.

iphys

I bought an extra white DVD case off eBay and printed off a Wii Sports boxart to make myself an official-looking Wii Sports game case to put on my shelf with my other Wii games. Ditto for Link's Crossbow Training. They look pretty snazzy.

krae_man

I swear they already did a 2000 points Wii Sports challenge before.

Maybe it wasn't tennis specific, but I got 2000 points in tennis for a challenge before.

RS4-

I swear they already did a 2000 points Wii Sports challenge before.

Maybe it wasn't tennis specific, but I got 2000 points in tennis for a challenge before.

Yeah I remember the same, I'm going to have to dig through my images and see if I still have it.

iphys

Just go in to play a game of tennis and it will show your rating for your player on the screen where you select how many sets to play. It will also show a graph of your past performance after you finish a game.

Magnus

God damn. Trying to sign up and register for the first time. This is confusing as fuck.

Sorry, I'm looking at responses to people expressing the same problem, and I can't even understand those answers.

How to make sense of any of this?

Please halp!

EDIT-

Starting to make sense of it. Viral sites full of fluff with puzzles on them that you interact with to derive codes. This is kind of obtuse, but whatever. If it ends in deals, good show.

krae_man

God damn. Trying to sign up and register for the first time. This is confusing as fuck.

Sorry, I'm looking at responses to people expressing the same problem, and I can't even understand those answers.

How to make sense of any of this?

Please halp!

EDIT-

Starting to make sense of it. Viral sites full of fluff with puzzles on them that you interact with to derive codes. This is kind of obtuse, but whatever. If it ends in deals, good show.

I can give you an invite to bypass all that stuff.

Magnus

So right now it's Wii Sports tennis? wtf?

As in, I actually go and play this game on my TV, achieve the challenge, and then photograph my screen with the score and my name on a piece of paper in front of it?

For real?

Man, time is money. If this is all just for a CHANCE at $10-20 off a game I may not even want to buy, forget it. Haha.

zroid

Banned
It's better if you just wait for a challenge you've already completed in one fashion or another. Unless you're in urgent need of a perk. However, last year we got pretty amazing perks at E3 -- 20 codes, each for $20 off a pre-order from a laundry list of games, including some $40 3DS and Vita titles. I'm still cashing in on some of those pre-orders from last year.

If there's any time it's good to be a tsilon member, it's around E3. Assuming we get similar perks as last year, that is.

krae_man

As in, I actually go and play this game on my TV, achieve the challenge, and then photograph my screen with the score and my name on a piece of paper in front of it?

For real?

Man, time is money. If this is all just for a CHANCE at $10-20 off a game I may not even want to buy, forget it. Haha.

Many of them are on PS3/30/PC and you can just link to your account and they will just check for the corresponding achievement.

Sajjaja

What's this Wii Sports thing people are talking about? I don't see it anywhere.

EDIT: Nvm, I see it. It's off screen for some reason...

iphys

It's better if you just wait for a challenge you've already completed in one fashion or another. Unless you're in urgent need of a perk. However, last year we got pretty amazing perks at E3 -- 20 codes, each for $20 off a pre-order from a laundry list of games, including some $40 3DS and Vita titles. I'm still cashing in on some of those pre-orders from last year.

If there's any time it's good to be a tsilon member, it's around E3. Assuming we get similar perks as last year, that is.

I thought it was supposed to be 5 codes for level 10 or 10 codes for level 30, but then they ended up giving 10 codes to everyone level 10. They did say something about having better perks for higher levels, like maybe level 10 would be $10 off and level 20 would be $20, but then we haven't really seen anything like that in a while I don't think.

For real?

You can choose any(and as many) challenges that are shown, but they end a week after they are posted. So the Wii Sports Tennis challenge will end next Wednesday, but the Hatoful Boyfriend challenge with end this Friday (tomorrow) and be replaced by a new challenge.

Since E3 is next week, it's very probable that there will be $20 off titles shown off at E3 perks.

zroid

Banned
I don't know if I should attempt this DKC challenge. I'm all for playing through that game again, but 1 hour? Seems like it might be beyond my abilities. :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't know if I should attempt this DKC challenge. I'm all for playing through that game again, but 1 hour? Seems like it might be beyond my abilities. :(

It's a pretty brutal challenge. World record is just over half an hour, but that's using the rolling glitch over some stages. If you could do it on a device with save states, you could just reload if you fucked up a level.

Oh and the Wii Sports challenge is pretty tough. I'm only 400 rank in tennis, so it might take me quite a while to get to 2000..

iphys

Tips for Tennis: Try to use your net player to immediately return the ball unless it looks like it might go out, and try to send it to the side the CPU back player isn't at. If you choose to play 1-set games, you always get the serve so you won't get smoked, and if you're doing poorly you can hit I think it's + to elect to restart so that your rating won't take a hit.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'll just pre-order everything and then see what happens

PS4 and Xbone on different orders
It's what I did last year. Pre-ordered stuff at BB and FS depending on which was the better deal at the time and then later pre-ordered games at FS with tsilon codes for those that made it the best deal then cancelled the other ones that weren't needed any more. I ended up making a spreadsheet to keep everything straight because both the FS and BB sites sucks when trying to look at your order history.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, although they might have announced it during the sale itself. It was a better deal, because last year it was only 15 off and not 20.

Top Bottom