• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How do I get to that page when logged in?

And if I'm not logged in, what's the point?

And I wonder what's up with them free game codes. Hope there's not a shortage or something.

Smo21

How do I get to that page when logged in?

And if I'm not logged in, what's the point?

And I wonder what's up with them free game codes. Hope there's not a shortage or something.

Ya this is weird. The 3ds winners went up real fast(within an hour)

LeetBM

Neo Member
lol then I'm glad the free game thing happened already before the massive flood of new users appear.

Thanks for bringing it up btw. Ridiculed at first but delivered in the end, gj.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I felt like I was being ganged up on at the beginning, but I'm really glad people are enjoying the site. Just thought it was a really neat place for Canadian gamers.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I felt like I was being ganged up on at the beginning, but I'm really glad people are enjoying the site. Just thought it was a really neat place for Canadian gamers.
there's just so many people who talk a lot of shit it's hard to tell when someone is being for real, lol, that's neogaf for you. But yeah, thanks!

LeetBM

Neo Member
I'm kinda surprised how many people didn't jump on it though. For something so easy for a $60 game, I'm surprised under a thousand were eligible. Your average pyramid scheme gets more than that, and at the same time usually doesn't aesthetically look as legit as this or like this much effort has been put in.

That's why it still seems.. too easy.

I think it's because it's just simply hard for some people to get in. I've see quite a few people asking for passwords or help. It's easy on sites like this where people can help you, but there are quite a few who aren't forum goers and are probably frustrated or have given up. That's the whole point though, according to the site they're "not worthy".

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People ganged up on you cause you can get yourself banned for self-promoting on GAF, even if it's your blog, especially if they're the only posts you make. You got lucky cause it was beneficial for members!

mrgone

So whereabouts on the main site is that 05 Play Online thing? orajin.ca just gives me a big battery with a "no smoking" cross through it. Is there a level requirement for it?

LeetBM

Neo Member
there's just so many people who talk a lot of shit it's hard to tell when someone is being for real, lol, that's neogaf for you. But yeah, thanks!

Thanks again, I really do appreciate that a lot.

Oh and by the way, I often get free stuff to giveaway through my industry connections and I think I'm going to give G-Listers first dibs just because hardcore gamers are the best.

I have a bunch of free advance screening double passes to for Act of Valor from Alliance Films on February 15th. I'm going to post in the Tsilon.ca forums on a first-come-first-get basis. :)

Edit: tickets are for Toronto

LeetBM

Neo Member
People ganged up on you cause you can get yourself banned for self-promoting on GAF, even if it's your blog, especially if they're the only posts you make. You got lucky cause it was beneficial for members!

I didn't mean to come off as self-promoting, I've been blogging about Canadian gaming news for four years now on NextGen Player and the Future Shop Tech Blog, just so happened that I guess it came off that way. I will be posting updates on my blog, but I don't want simply to bring in traffic, just want to get the word out about cool things happening here. In fact I took off all the banners on my site awhile back and decided to pay for the site out-of-pocket. :)

Don't worry about it, doubt anyone cares now considering how much everyone is benefiting lol.

My only worry is that the site becomes much less valuable the more and more people join it, code proportion wise.

kurahadol

Honestly, I think the waves of people are going to start to dwindle now that the free game has been given out. The majority of people joining were "hit it and quit it" I'm sure. We won't see another influx until the next great perk, which I hope has some higher requirements so that long time contributors get recognition.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I didn't mean to come off as self-promoting, I've been blogging about Canadian gaming news for four years now on NextGen Player and the Future Shop Tech Blog, just so happened that I guess it came off that way. I will be posting updates on my blog, but I don't want simply to bring in traffic, just want to get the word out about cool things happening here. In fact I took off all the banners on my site awhile back and decided to pay for the site out-of-pocket. :)
It's all good. I'm pretty sure nobody here has got any negative feelings towards you. I'm just giving you the heads up that you had a close call with the GAF Terms of Service :p

LeetBM

Neo Member
Don't worry about it, doubt anyone cares now considering how much everyone is benefiting lol.

My only worry is that the site becomes much less valuable the more and more people join it, code proportion wise.

Yeah but I hope that perks have higher and higher requirements, therefore it doesn't matter how many people join, what matters is how committed you are to leveling up. Vast majority of people are below Level 20, in fact when they announced the 250 free games there weren't even 250 people eligible.

This site will continue to be great so long as they reward the long-term committed gamers...

LeetBM

Neo Member
It's all good. I'm pretty sure nobody here has got any negative feelings towards you. I'm just giving you the heads up that you had a close call with the GAF Terms of Service :p

Yeah, seem like I was on the verge of being banned. Thanks to those who gave it a chance, and I'm super happy so many people here have got perks as a result...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So whereabouts on the main site is that 05 Play Online thing? orajin.ca just gives me a big battery with a "no smoking" cross through it. Is there a level requirement for it?
It doesn't matter. The whole point of it was to see the message about the MW3 game on Saturday which was posted here already. Don't worry about it.

EGM92

Does anyone know how often they update the question tests? I ran out of tier 2/3 questions and it really sucks doing tier 1 for such little XP.

The AI just updated the original post in the free game topic in the forum with this:

RECIPIENT LIST BELOW!

1-50: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6

51-100: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7

101-150: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8

151-200: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9

201-250: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10

251-300: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11

301-350: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12

351-400: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13

401-450: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14

451-490: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15

Which means dem blanks should be filling any time now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does anyone know how often they update the question tests? I ran out of tier 2/3 questions and it really sucks doing tier 1 for such little XP.
I've only done some Tier 1 ones and a few Tier 2s but I've never seen them add more.

Also, you know Pyro's been F5ing that page all day so I salute you for being a trooper.

mrgone

It doesn't matter. The whole point of it was to see the message about the MW3 game on Saturday which was posted here already. Don't worry about it.
Ah, okay :) It was just driving me a little batty that there I couldn't find the section of the site. I have the feeling the orajin.ca thing wasn't working because I'd let it sit too long, too.

The AI just updated the original post in the free game topic in the forum with this:

Which means dem blanks should be filling any time now.
Suddenly I crave Skittles

Fuzzy

They haven't been updated at all so far but I posted a message here that makes it seem like more questions will be added this week. Saying that, we don't know if they're adding those questions in addition to what's already up or if the new questions will replace the current one. If it's the latter then you won't be able to finish any that you haven't answered yet.

EGM92

They haven't been updated at all so far but I posted a message here that makes it seem like more questions will be added this week. Saying that, we don't know if they're adding those questions in addition to what's already up or if the new questions will replace the current one. If it's the latter then you won't be able to finish any that you haven't answered yet.

Guess I'll have to blast through the level 1's, already did all the zelda, sonic, metriod and streetfighters. Guess I'll get some mario and final fantasy out of the way tonight, I'm at lvl 21 now halfway through it, with 2 lives (what are lives used for?)

Giard

Were you late submitting it? I'm getting pretty close to getting a gold star in Child of Eden (I hope) but it's getting down to the wire
It had been removed from the challenges. It said it ended on February 6th, and it was still the 6th...in the PST at least.

Fuzzy

Guess I'll have to blast through the level 1's, already did all the zelda, sonic, metriod and streetfighters. Guess I'll get some mario and final fantasy out of the way tonight, I'm at lvl 21 now halfway through it, with 2 lives (what are lives used for?)
We don't know what lives will be for yet but it's supposed to be a part of the update this week.

krae_man

Maybe you have to play the Mario song?

I tried another way:
Z4Ka2.jpg

Didn't work.

Edit: However I don't have sound at work so who knows.

Baha

Is the website having problems or something? I can log in but none of the links are working and it doesn't do the usual flash loading stuff.

*edit* This is happening in all 3 browsers I use.

centracore

Is the website having problems or something? I can log in but none of the links are working and it doesn't do the usual flash loading stuff.

*edit* This is happening in all 3 browsers I use.

I am having troubles when logging in now as well, can't get into the G-List area.

Nivert

I thought you meant the first 2 days but it's just literally #1 and 2 haha

Must be a pain to sort through all those requests.

Fuzzy

List in the thread was updated with #'s 1 and 2.
1-50: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6

1. bibi
2. TorturEd
3. presco
4. Czak
5. djblue89
6. molarmass
7. doodads
8. Tanooki
9. tonyford
10. drywall
11. jsan5354