• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Orca

Some cracking down on cheaters, from the posts on the forums. Great to see. I'm guessing cheating must be mostly from photo submissions, since it'd be pretty tough to cheat on the Xbox Live or PSN verification.

kurahadol

Feels like forever since I last submitted a challenge. Either I've been way too busy with school or there's nothing I'm compelled to do.

Quadratic

I have dirt 3 for the PS3. If you want to grab the ten wins with me add me via PSN: Bentobox with the message tslion.ca and a time you want to do this. I'm free pretty much any evening except Sunday the 25th.

EDIT: So I borrowed this from my brother yesterday and when I popped it into my PS3 today it said I need to buy an online pass. I guess I won't be doing this challenge.

Max

I am not Max
I have the Dirt 3 achievement on my GFWL account and they've rejected it twice o.o

edit: they didn't accept the screenshot of my profile either :<

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I like the newest Retro Challenge. Legend of Zelda: Use Red Candle vs First Boss. So basically you have to skip the first boss and eventually get the Red Candle in the 7th dungeon then come back to the first dungeon and fight the boss and take a picture of you using it against him. Nice.

I like the newest Retro Challenge. Legend of Zelda: Use Red Candle vs First Boss. So basically you have to skip the first boss and eventually get the Red Candle in the 7th dungeon then come back to the first dungeon and fight the boss and take a picture of you using it against him. Nice.

Meh. I have no desire to play LoZ, especially not most of the game, that sounds pretty time consuming. I'm just going to continue to play games that I actually want to play and not get any challenges done *sigh*

RS4-

Didn't realize that's what it took for LoZ. I was close to doing the Cogs one for steam but got lazy halfway through.

I'll give SSX a shot though.

TheKyle07

Meh. I have no desire to play LoZ, especially not most of the game, that sounds pretty time consuming. I'm just going to continue to play games that I actually want to play and not get any challenges done *sigh*

It took me less than an hour, and I had a fun time doing it. I think it's great having an incentive to replay old games.

Fuzzy

It took me less than an hour, and I had a fun time doing it. I think it's great having an incentive to replay old games.
It's taking me longer because I'm not skipping over everything. In reality I could have just done dungeons 3, 4, 5, 7 and then gone back to 1 but I like getting all the heart containers I can and getting the White Sword and Blue Ring before doing anything else.

Have they changed the XP requirements for leveling up? I seem to be leveling up from 27 to 28 a lot faster than I did some previous levels. The 100xp I receive from dailies is moving the bar forward quickly.

Fuzzy

If only I knew where my LoZ cart was............
There are so many ways to play LoZ other than a NES cart.

NES
GBA NES Classic
GCN Zelda Collection
GCN Animal Crossing (need an Action Replay to unlock it)
Wii Virtual Console
3DS Ambassador game

I wonder how long this would take.

I have the Ambassador version.

There are so many ways to play LoZ other than a NES cart.

NES
GBA NES Classic
GCN Zelda Collection
GCN Animal Crossing (need an Action Replay to unlock it)
Wii Virtual Console
3DS Ambassador game

Ya but I don't want to buy it lol.........I may have it on Gamecube but I'd have to find it lol

Fuzzy

I wonder how long this would take.

I have the Ambassador version.
It took me 2 hours but I did everything before going back to do the first dungeon. I had 14 hearts, the Magical Sword, Blue Ring, etc. If I just got the necessary items in dungeons 3, 4, 5 and 7 and skipped finishing the bosses in the dungeons then I probably could've done it in 30-45 minutes.

EGM92

This Rayman game sucks! I wish I had Wipeout to do that one. I guess it's just SSX for me if I can do it

I have wipeout, the challenge is stupidly hard. you first need to get to level 50 to unlock the ship in question, then you have to get a perfect lap on a course with a super narrow turn in the beginning which is really hard not to hit the wall. I've put 15hrs into the game and I'm only level 16 so unless the XP jumps greatly in the next season this trophy/challenge won't be happening for me.

I'm also trying to do the Dead Space Mobile, has anyone else done it? I bought the game months ago on sale and only started to play it yesterday I can't find any good place to get a double kill. Suggestions/tips?

RS4-

If anyone wants to do the easy Killzone 3 challenge, post up. We just need to be in a squad and finish a match together or something.

RS4-

Sure, I'll add you guys. What times are good for you?

And phew, finished the SSX one, it isn't so bad. Got lucky at the shop with level 9 wingsuit and had to follow a few YT vids for the proper line through the course and a quick way to get a level 9 character.

I had my KZ sealed as well up until a few days ago when there was one of those online gatherings for the site.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Methinks they need to put the new perk up asap

Methinks its not gonna happen and gonna end up as a microwave or some shit I don't want like the headphones.

I loosely keep up still, but there's cognitive dissonance in my head as to why I do and why I think I should stop giving a shit completely.

jred2k

I still check the site and do the daily, but I've really stopped caring about the challenges. I just do the ones that are in games I enjoy the the Journey or BC:Rearmed challenge. I enjoy gaming too much to frustrate myself for hours for a prize. I tried the SSX one for a bit last night, but I gave up after like 30 mins and went back to a game I enjoyed.

I've also got a feeling the perk for April is going to be something to do with Click magazine. It seems like Futureshop is trying to push it and Victor Lucas tweeted that he's guest editing the next issue.

Maddog

I still check the site and do the daily, but I've really stopped caring about the challenges. I just do the ones that are in games I enjoy the the Journey or BC:Rearmed challenge. I enjoy gaming too much to frustrate myself for hours for a prize. I tried the SSX one for a bit last night, but I gave up after like 30 mins and went back to a game I enjoyed.

I've also got a feeling the perk for April is going to be something to do with Click magazine. It seems like Futureshop is trying to push it and Victor Lucas tweeted that he's guest editing the next issue.

They already had the countdown for the Click magazine physical edition but then it ended and still hasn't gone up yet
KuGsj.gif
. Hopefully it's something else.

I think the perk will be two-tiered: possibly level 15 and 30 (to balance new and old members).

But I haven't done many challenges lately, mostly due to the fact that I only have a Wii, 3DS, and PC.

Vamphuntr

Yeah the site is starting to disappoint big time. No new perks in a while. When I first joined I was able to get the Cinemanow perk, a 10% preorder code, a 3DS for 100$ and a free game. I got the headphones code but gave it away as I didn't care for it. It seems they don't have much prizes to give anymore. As such there isn't much incentive to level up right now. The only prizes for now are those 2-3 codes they put up for draw in a thread.

They are also starting to fail at updating the site again. AFAIK there were no weekend dailies.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I can't see a site like this having any sort of longevity. Either way I've been pretty happy. $99 PS3 3D Display, 4 10% off coupons, $50 CinemaNow, free $60 game and just got the code for the level 25 headphones.

Really wish they updated the tests. Those were really fun.

Max

I am not Max
Just sat through 3 or 4 games of that killzone game in a squad with Gman420blazeup and didn't get the trophy

Maybe someone on here can try it with me tomorrow

Top Bottom