• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

There is a Star Wars Xbox LE contest, have to put the G-list logo somewhere and take a picture of it.........

And I want to do to the retro challenge but I don't know where my Super Mario Kart cart is.......they should just accept the retro track in Mario Kart 7

krae_man

What the heck, I just entered the Star Wars Kinect bundle contest. I know Tsilon loves wrestling so I hope this is enough to win:

vTP3x.jpg

The Following Contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the Star Wars Xbox 360 Kinect bundle Championship!

Introducing first, the challenger. From Waterloo, Ontario Canada. Weighing in at 185lbs. He is the WWE Champion. The Rated GList soooooooooooooooooooooooooperstar: krae_man!
MxxId.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vtBhsGFllB0#t=90s

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Free Turtle Beach $20 Code for the first person that tells me the best Metal Gear Solid game.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was the correct answer:p

Code was claimed.

DJ_Lae

Hmm, I can't think of any ballsy placements of the logo around here that wouldn't result in at least a misdemeanor.

krae_man

Hmm, I can't think of any ballsy placements of the logo around here that wouldn't result in at least a misdemeanor.

Is there anywhere you can spraypaint that isn't a summary offence?
Canada doesn't have misdemeanors :p

Edit: my image got removed from Imgur. WTF?

SickBoy

Yay wii-sports challenge, I actually have that

I'm wondering about how difficult that is. I've played quite a bit of Wii Sports, but almost no single player. (likewise, I'm wondering whether it's worth trying for the Joe Danger one... downloaded it when it was on sale, but I suspect it must be relatively challenging.

Also need to convince myself that it's not worth $5-6 and the time investment to get 1000 XP on this site. I want to get Puzzle Agent 2, but my plan has been (and hopefully will continue to be) to wait for a sale, since I have a ton of stuff to play before I get around to that.

RS4-

Ugh, sorry about the KZ3 achievement thing, didn't know you had to actually purchase and unlock the full MP to gain access to it. Who has the retail game/unlocked MP to get the challenge?

Joe Danger is pretty tough as it isn't a straight walk through the lab as you have to do some stages perfect just to get enough stars to unlock later levels.

I was thinking about doing the Wii Sports one, but I read that you get something like <80 pts per match? And you need 2000? I guess that doesn't sound too bad.

krae_man

Joe Danger is fine, Just keep playing to keep your skills up. i've 100%ed both the PS3 and 360 versions. Game is so awesome.

EGM92

New Perks, $20 off Starhawk and Ghost Recon Future Soldier preorders.

lol so bad. no thank you.

Also did anyone else get a huge boost in XP? I was at level 36, nearly level 37 maybe 800xp out. I logged in today for the first time in 4 days and I'm at level 37 nearly 1/4 in. I didn't have any outstanding challenges or anything like that..

lol so bad. no thank you.

Also did anyone else get a huge boost in XP? I was at level 36, nearly level 37 maybe 800xp out. I logged in today for the first time in 4 days and I'm at level 37 nearly 1/4 in. I didn't have any outstanding challenges or anything like that..

I just leveled up out of nowhere. Not going to complain though.

It happened to me too; although it was only a small increase. It seems to be for a lot of people. According to Mister J:

Mister J said:
Amendments have been made to re-sync all members XP rates, and attainment thereof. Increases to player totals can be seen as a beta bonus for suffering through the slow changes.

KarmaCow

I started playing Gemini Rue for the challenge today and just realised the achievements are broken. I feel dirty about saying this but it really killed my desire to continue playing it because it's not a bad game, just very limited.

Is the game long? I might just take a screencap of the credits or something. I just gave
Paul his meds
and haven't done any of the Center 7 stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind, the challenge has been replaced with a Binding of Isaac challenge.

Firestorm

Probably gonna stop soon if this is what they're gonna do. At least I have a efw friends who want Starhawk probably...

Daily:
what would molydeux

krae_man

Probably gonna stop soon if this is what they're gonna do. At least I have a efw friends who want Starhawk probably...

Daily:
what would molydeux

I stopped about a month ago. Feels good man. I'll come back if they update the trivia and I 1/2 pay attention for challanges I have already completed like the Joe Danger one.

Firestorm

Idunno man I hadn't been on the site in days =P I don't really do challenges unless they're something I own and actually would want to do. Haven't gone outta my way for anything yet.

Maddog

Idunno man I hadn't been on the site in days =P I don't really do challenges unless they're something I own and actually would want to do. Haven't gone outta my way for anything yet.

Yeah not making fun of you. Just laughing that they don't even bother updating the daily now.

Vamphuntr

Do you really expect multiple $450 prizes to be handed out for free?

No but I expected a monthly hardware perk with more than 1 "winner". The headphones were for March and now the perk for April is one 360? They said they were stretching the period for the headphones because they had issues distributing the codes and that they added 200 more codes but this perk wasn't popular anyway. After 3 weeks there were 70+ left and there were less people with the required level 25 than the number of headphones available. Pretty sure they are doing this because they don't have a decent prize for April either.

During the first 1-2 months I joined I got : 10% off any preorder, 50$ Cinemanow Credit, 100$ 3DS and a Free game. Now it seems there hasn't been something worthwhile for 2 months :lol

They also offered nice deal for the Vita and the PSTV before I joined too.

Now it takes forever to get new prizes and they're fairly disappointing. They're not even updating the dailies anymore either it seems.

I sure won't keep leveling to have a chance to win 1 of 2 steam codes or one xbox among 1000 members.

whitehawk

Banned
No but I expected a monthly hardware perk with more than 1 "winner". The headphones were for March and now the perk for April is one 360? They said they were stretching the period for the headphones because they had issues distributing the codes and that they added 200 more codes but this perk wasn't popular anyway. After 3 weeks there were 70+ left and there were less people with the required level 25 than the number of headphones available. Pretty sure they are doing this because they don't have a decent prize for April either.

During the first 1-2 months I joined I got : 10% off any preorder, 50$ Cinemanow Credit, 100$ 3DS and a Free game. Now it seems there hasn't been something worthwhile for 2 months :lol

They also offered nice deal for the Vita and the PSTV before I joined too.

Now it takes forever to get new prizes and they're fairly disappointing. They're not even updating the dailies anymore either it seems.

I sure won't keep leveling to have a chance to win 1 of 2 steam codes or one xbox among 1000 members.
Just like Lockerz.com

Quadratic

Anyone want to do the Gears 3 challenge? I know it can be done solo, but I'd like to do it with another human.

Send me a friends request: GT Quadratic80 and send me a PM or xbl message when you would like to do the challenge. I'm home all day Easter Monday.

Anyone want to do the Gears 3 challenge? I know it can be done solo, but I'd like to do it with another human.

Send me a friends request: GT Quadratic80 and send me a PM or xbl message when you would like to do the challenge. I'm home all day Easter Monday.

I may take you up on that tomorrow, I'll see when I wake up

Added

DJ_Lae

Man, that's the first series of Minesweeper games I've played in probably a decade.

Took me seven tries. And after I did it I realized that it would have been pretty easy to cheat, if a person was so inclined.

SickBoy

Guess I'll have to start up my Windows partition for some minesweeping. Definitely a doable challenge.

What about the Shank 2 one? Easy? Hard?

...and did anyone actually do the Wii Boxing one?

jred2k

Guess I'll have to start up my Windows partition for some minesweeping. Definitely a doable challenge.

What about the Shank 2 one? Easy? Hard?

...and did anyone actually do the Wii Boxing one?

The Shank challenge seems difficult but doable. I've only tried out the Survival mode by myself and didn't get very far because the waves are kind hard to manage by yourself. Its the free game for April on PS+ right now so anyone that has that might as well try it.

IF anybody wants to try for the challenge sometime my PSN ID in North_Lights911. Evenings after 8pm EST work best for me.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Dailies

Republique

I guess no more xp for me for at least a week since I'm leaving on a trip tonight.

kurahadol

The only XP I've gotten in the past few weeks to maybe even a month is from the Dailies. There hasn't been really anything to push me to do them, and I've also been studying for exams so I haven't had the time. We'll see if anything changes in a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom